This thing is a disgrace!!!!!

Discussion in '1999 Dodge Charger R/T Concept' started by zexneo, Aug 9, 2002.

1. If it is a Dodge i am usually ok with it, but when they try to bring back a beautiful peace of American muscle like the Dodge Charger it better be good. This thing here is a piece of junk. It is an insult to the Carger name. I think it shouldn't even be called a Charger unless it has a 440 or at least a 383 magnum. Dodge needs to find some new help, cause they really messed up this time.

2. Re: This thing is a disgrace!!!!!

Are you saying that you prefer the 80's rendition of the Charger to this new concept?

The only thing disgraceful about this Charger R/T is the extra set of doors. I'm not too thrilled with the natural gas bit, but I see a future in this car.

Picture it: This body and drivetrain, but with the 5.9L V8 out of a Durango R/T. Give it a high flow throttle body, upgraded fuel rail and injectors, new headers and low restriction exhaust and a ram air system fed through a Shaker hood scoop. Thats an easy 380 HP. Call it the Charger R/T small block 360.

Then, for the Be All, End All Mopar: You take this Charger R/T concept, give it a crazy, tall, import style wing, and a tapered nose. Then you drop in the 528 cid Hemi crate motor, pushing 600 HP. You call that the Charger Daytona.

Fuukin right, eh?
    <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: This thing is a disgrace!!!!!

So what are you gonna do about it?<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: This thing is a disgrace!!!!!

I like this new car. Ford brought back the Thunderbird, Dodge can definitely bring back the Charger. This just needs a six-speed manual with turbos.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: This thing is a disgrace!!!!!

I love this car from being CNG powered to the four door design to the look(inside and out)!

6. Re: This thing is a disgrace!!!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from zexneo</i>
    <b>If it is a Dodge i am usually ok with it, but when they try to bring back a beautiful peace of American muscle like the Dodge Charger it better be good. This thing here is a piece of junk. It is an insult to the Carger name. I think it shouldn't even be called a Charger unless it has a 440 or at least a 383 magnum. Dodge needs to find some new help, cause they really messed up this time.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> right on man, this is a disgrace to the dodge name, if this was supposed to be an improvement on the original, plz tell me WTF they improved......<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: This thing is a disgrace!!!!!

this car in the words of shakespear Wreaketh mojorly<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: This thing is a disgrace!!!!!

I agree with Wheelman two different models, that would defitnely raise some hell, but the Charger Daytona would compete directly with the Viper, but who cares that would be awesome.

9. Re: This thing is a disgrace!!!!!

you are a retard, how would u like them to remake it, its not like they can make an exact replica of the charger, this car is beautiful, and by the way, most those 440's in the chargers were hemi's anyway, so shut ur face

10. Re: This thing is a disgrace!!!!!

for half a second forget the engine what do you think of the shape<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: This thing is a disgrace!!!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mustangs4ever</i>
    <b> right on man, this is a disgrace to the dodge name, if this was supposed to be an improvement on the original, plz tell me WTF they improved......</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

How about 0-60, top speed, handling, driving characteristics, lateral acceleration, slalom speed, brakes, and all overall performance (whichever part of it you want to count in). Are these just totally unheard-of things for dragracing rednecks?<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: This thing is a disgrace!!!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from dumbmud</i>
    <b>you are a retard, how would u like them to remake it, its not like they can make an exact replica of the charger, this car is beautiful, and by the way, most those 440's in the chargers were hemi's anyway, so shut ur face</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

440s arent hemis... 426s are hemis.<!-- Signature -->