this thing is crap

Discussion in '1938 Lincoln Model K LeBaron Converible Sedan' started by Rampage06, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: this thing is crap

the hummer H2 is one of the toughest SUV's out their. anyway the 6000 V8 engine is tougher than you think when your behind the wheel and the hummer H2 has more technology than any other hummer or SUV, too!<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: this thing is crap

the only thing wrong about the original argument is that the original diesel sucked. It needs the duramax or a big old cat or cummins.

3. Re: this thing is crap

wha the fuk is wrong wit yall man, i live in nyc and i work right close by the previous WTC so i see 2 hummers daily, the previous ones though, one of em is the military and the other is a pick-up hummer, yup a pickup hummer. When i look at this thing u know wha the freak it reminds me of, u remember hte mazda mpv that looked like a minivan but was 4wd well if u took a look at them, they deeply resemble each other, as to the point of comparing the engine, please i'd take the previous hummer with the engine it had no matter how powerful this one is, when i look at a hummer it makes me feel like a fukin man, when i look at this it makes me feel like breaking the damn thing, and to whoever compared it with escalade, id take an escalade over this piece of shit, but never over the old baby

4. Re: this thing is crap

Some people just have way too much money! I wouldn't say it was a piece of crap, but way too much for anyone. I agree with the dude above on only 1% of buyers would even try to take a Hummer off road. Shit, buy a beater that you trash the hell out of it, get it stuck, roll it over..ect. and can fix for under $1000, and have real fun! Shit a paint scratch would run you a $k at least for one of these things... Personally, I think they are all just Poop!

5. this is everything hummer isnt and its GM capitalizing on the Hummer name. every yuppie who likes to think they're big bucks is gonna want em. numero uno, this has nowhere NEAR the offroad capibility of a real hummer. numero dos. hello? its not a hummer unless its 9 feet wide. cmon guys the idea of a hummer is that its so huge you feel like god himself behind the wheel. people can wizz by you on the highway as fast as they want. just wait until you catch up at the stoplight *bump bump* "oops sorry man, my bad"

2 words. cop out. this is not hummer, this is yuppie cruiser wannabe soccer mom crap. dont dis the first hummer. 2 miles to the gallon on desiel fuel, could go through a river up to its hood, its tires were self inflating and deflating just in case you needed a wider trach for loose stuff and firmer tires for the road. you could NEVER flip a hummer, or break anything on it.this engine is WEAKER than the one in the orginal hummer. i mean god damn guys. spend the 90,000 and feel like a god.

6. Re: this thing is crap

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from YyCloaknDaggeryY</i>
    <b>this is everything hummer isnt and its GM capitalizing on the Hummer name. every yuppie who likes to think they're big bucks is gonna want em. numero uno, this has nowhere NEAR the offroad capibility of a real hummer. numero dos. hello? its not a hummer unless its 9 feet wide. cmon guys the idea of a hummer is that its so huge you feel like god himself behind the wheel. people can wizz by you on the highway as fast as they want. just wait until you catch up at the stoplight *bump bump* "oops sorry man, my bad"

2 words. cop out. this is not hummer, this is yuppie cruiser wannabe soccer mom crap. dont dis the first hummer. 2 miles to the gallon on desiel fuel, could go through a river up to its hood, its tires were self inflating and deflating just in case you needed a wider trach for loose stuff and firmer tires for the road. you could NEVER flip a hummer, or break anything on it.this engine is WEAKER than the one in the orginal hummer. i mean god damn guys. spend the 90,000 and feel like a god.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Way to sound like a genius there buddy. Since when is 325hp and 385 lb/ft of torque V8 WEAK? Do you know many soccer moms that drive across sand dunes at high speed, or trudge through 2 feet of water? I love to know why you think 2 miles to the gallon on diesel is a GOOD thing. And they can't go through water up to the hood, it would drown the engine as well as seep into the cabin, they can only go through water that reaches up to the underbody. Also, the H2 has the central air inflation system as well. Look closely at the wheels, same system.

7. Re: this thing is crap

This thing is not a sococer moms vehicle! It might not be as tough as the original hummer, but it is tougher than any other suv out their. About how deep the original hummer could go in water, I think it was up to the hood. This thing will go over about anything in it's path, makes other suv's cry for mommy!

8. Re: this thing is crap

dude u pay no attention to road tests. this thing is as bad if not worse than the orginal hummer's acceleration, look at the ground clearance, ur not gonna be hopping over jack with that. and the engine was fully sealed idiot. the air intake was in a pipe that was up to the roofline on the hummer. and of COURSe the cabin would flood. that's not as important though if its a military issue with no leather. im sorry friend but ur the one sounding like an idiot. 325 hp on a thing that weighs almost 3 tons, how the hell is that powerful again?

9. Re: this thing is crap

not crap... its WHACK! who the hell is going to use those 4-wheel drive technology? most ppl drive Hummer on the goddamn free way or as their daily commute. Probally only 1% of Hummer owners actually take them OFF THE GOD DAMN ROAD (forest trails doesn't count!)

they should just ban those damn SUVs.

10. Re: this thing is crap

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Orion53</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from YyCloaknDaggeryY</i>
    <b>this is everything hummer isnt and its GM capitalizing on the Hummer name. every yuppie who likes to think they're big bucks is gonna want em. numero uno, this has nowhere NEAR the offroad capibility of a real hummer. numero dos. hello? its not a hummer unless its 9 feet wide. cmon guys the idea of a hummer is that its so huge you feel like god himself behind the wheel. people can wizz by you on the highway as fast as they want. just wait until you catch up at the stoplight *bump bump* "oops sorry man, my bad"

2 words. cop out. this is not hummer, this is yuppie cruiser wannabe soccer mom crap. dont dis the first hummer. 2 miles to the gallon on desiel fuel, could go through a river up to its hood, its tires were self inflating and deflating just in case you needed a wider trach for loose stuff and firmer tires for the road. you could NEVER flip a hummer, or break anything on it.this engine is WEAKER than the one in the orginal hummer. i mean god damn guys. spend the 90,000 and feel like a god.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Way to sound like a genius there buddy. Since when is 325hp and 385 lb/ft of torque V8 WEAK? Do you know many soccer moms that drive across sand dunes at high speed, or trudge through 2 feet of water? I love to know why you think 2 miles to the gallon on diesel is a GOOD thing. And they can't go through water up to the hood, it would drown the engine as well as seep into the cabin, they can only go through water that reaches up to the underbody. Also, the H2 has the central air inflation system as well. Look closely at the wheels, same system.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

the original hummer had a snorkel, or the military versions did anyway. It's just a big pipe that delivers air to the engine, so the engine can breathe when its underwater. <!-- Signature -->

11. Re: this thing is crap

Does anybody here realize that this thing has more horsepower and torque than the previous Hummer?<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: this thing is crap

Does TheMadChigga realize that he's not making sense? Ever driven in the snow, buddy? On the "goddamn freeway"? Guess you've prolly never seen snow, otherwise you wouldn't be bashing 4WD technology. I wanna see how far your front-wheel-drive Saturn would go in that weather against an H2. Not to defend the H2, of course... the concept was so much better looking than this piece of crap..<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: this thing is crap

TO: Yycloak,

umm if you're dumb enough to buy a Hummer in the first place, i guess u would be dumb enough to take the piece of shit up to it's roof line through a river (innvention of the moment - the bridge).

And i would agree that MAJORITY (90%?) of SUVs (as u yanks call 'em) owners only purchases them in the first in order to raise their social standing (a bad trend for the environment). The life of the vehilce will most likely never even mud or snow for that matter. (the 4WD drive is indeed a grand invention, as it has many benefits in motorsports as Lamborghini, Subaru and rally cars have proven) Therefore the concept of mass production of a vehicle that weighs 3 tonnes is not only a waste of petrol but also excess pollution. <!-- Signature -->

14. Re: this thing is crap

this hummer is a more civilized version of the original hummer. This one is more powerful with 325 hp from a 6 liter gas V8 compared to a 195hp turbo diesel V8. This may not be able to cross rivers that are 5ft deep but what it can do is completely reasonable for ordinary person who wants a nice SUV with good offroading capability but don't need to go balls out like the first hummer was designed to do.

15. Re: this thing is crap

It's nice to know all have gotten out from behind their keyboards and actually gone offroading lately, right? Since when did the car manufacturers do anything except to increase profit margins and consumer opinions. Don't fool yourself. This is going to be no different than any other SUV on the planet. It won't be able to go anywhere offroad compared to aftermarket or mod 4X's. But let the yuppie behind the wheel drive it around town- that's what it's designed for. ALL SHOW AND NO GO! And the only practical reason the original Hummer was built was to go OFFROAD. New York City doesn't qualify... sorry. Take one to Utah, Idaho, Montana, anyplace with actual mountains, rocks, trails, etc. and see what happens. The original Hummer is a testament to 4 wheel drives. I'll wait for the offroad tests on this one.
    <!-- Signature -->

16. Re: this thing is crap

This Hummer is intended for use by civilians, not the military. I don't think that civilians need a 9 foot wide SUV or need to climb into 40 inch rivers often, do you?<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: this thing is crap

This is a piece of shit!!! Hummers look like a #$%#in box on wheels u want a real car buy a viper they r wat better and they have more hp. So suck on that u stupid hummer lovers. It's a piece of shit car a #$%#in pile of shit never gets me anywhere o #$%# u car.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: this thing is crap

You are dissin' the H2 all the way! Well...I bet if someone would say "here's two free Hs, the real thing and the Gm one,pick one"....I bet ya all would go for the GM one. i don't think you want to drive in something more like a tank then in a comfortable SuV.

19. Re: this thing is crap

this thing is not that crapy.u guys r all going crazy juss because they
    changed it to be more for civillians!

20. Re: this thing is crap

THIS IS A PIECE OF SHIT!!!!

21. Re: this thing is crap

WHATEVER

WHATEVER

WHATEVER

WHATEVER

WHATEVER

WHATEVER

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. Re: this thing is crap

What the hell are you guys bitching about!? It's not about the first hummer, it isn't about need... If NEED was the point of this site, we'd be lookin at geo's. This is a nice SUV, thats right... SUV not hardcore but it can hold it's own. None of you are even talking about the h2 itself anymore. The first hummer is better, we all know that so shut the #$%# up. You people have nothing to complain about so you come up with these petty half ass excuses to call it a peice. If you really care about soccer moms, pollution, gas guzzlers, and useless look good cars... THIS ISN'T THE SITE FOR YOU.

23. Re: this thing is crap

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Vipersrule</i>
    <b>This is a piece of shit!!! Hummers look like a #$%#in box on wheels u want a real car buy a viper they r wat better and they have more hp. So suck on that u stupid hummer lovers. It's a piece of shit car a #$%#in pile of shit never gets me anywhere o #$%# u car.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Oooo, BURN. That's really gonna hurt GM. Way to show you know what you're talking about, man.

Anyone else wanna n00b bash? LOL<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: this thing is crap

All u people dissin the hummer. U have one hmm hmm? i didnt think so. People do take these thing off-road just cause YOU dont see them off-road doesnt mean they never go off-road. These things are amazing the torque they have is incredible. I dont see why u hate them ooooorrrr maybe its the fact you u people who hate them live in a cardboard box and cant afford one<!-- Signature -->

25. Re: this thing is crap

I think this Hummer looks like the original only with poofy curves and a soft face AND I DIDN'T EVEN LIKED THE ORIGINAL!!!
    I read somewhere that Volkswagen was possibly going to make a Bentley or Bugatti version of their SUV that is shared with Porsche. I could just see a SUV with the W16 from the Bugatti Veyron!!!
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! <!-- Signature -->