This thing looks like a toy compared to an M3

Discussion in '2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK 55 AMG' started by Schaf100, Aug 9, 2002.

1. This car is pathetically styled. Besides that fact that it CLOSELY resembles a C-230 sports coupe, the CLK is supposed to be a competitor to the BMW 3-series coupes. In the case of the AMG model here, the performance may get close to matching that of an M3, but the styling suggests a care bear car. There are too many curves, and not enough muscle structure in the sheetmetal. This works for a fun car for 16 year old girls, but not against the M3's pronounced fenders, bulbous hood and aggresive grille. The view from the rear of this CLK is bland in comparison to the quad exhausts poking out of the M3's bumper. Of course, this doesn't matter, because an M3 driver will only have to look at the CLK's ass for a second as he passes it.

I am partial to BMW, but this is an objective post. I loved the styling of the old CLK-55, and thought it had much more character than the E36 M3 but that simply is not the case here.

2. Re: This thing looks like a toy compared to an M3

I think merc got the clk right the first time, this is cool though, I'de prefer an M3 though.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: This thing looks like a toy compared to an M3

Hey I'm partial to a BMW myself, and I would much rather have the Hamann E46 M3, but come on, this is a pretty sweet car itself.

4. Re: This thing looks like a toy compared to an M3

Schaf100 --> Dude thats exactly what i tried to explain it reminds me off a like 20 sumphin chicks car, to sheek not enuff gritt

the balls are all there but its dressed in dragg.

as for M3 dear god can anything compare to that cars allround goodness? price relativley low looks up there and BALLS god DAMN<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: This thing looks like a toy compared to an M3

Again, why are stupid BMW lovers yapping here?
    This looks like a toy compared to an M3.
    But the M3 looks like a piece of $h!+ compare to this.
    If you hate cars that are better than BMWs, go back to the BMW forums and praise the crap like god.

6. Re: This thing looks like a toy compared to an M3

Hey I personally love Mercedes and BMW's i have an Kompressor and an M3 I think that both makers are fine but i also agree with many of the previous posts this does look weak compared to previous makes.

7. Re: This thing looks like a toy compared to an M3

at least mercedes has the balls to boldly step forward with their styling. bmw is still stuck in the 80s. the m3 is still based on the entry level 3 series & the new 7 series??? bmw won't even show the back end in their advertisments. mercedes has always been bold with their styling but most have become classics. the inventor of the automobile knows what they are doing.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: This thing looks like a toy compared to an M3

Hehe, I notice that too, all 7 series advertisement/commercials don't show the car's back. Hahaha, what a joke.

9. Re: This thing looks like a toy compared to an M3

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from RobertT</i>
    <b>Let's face the fact that this car is made to a totally different age-group. For older people, which is Mercedes biggest customer group. If you see 50 years old guy in a M3, what do you think? -What an idiot driving that car, he's too old.
    But if he is driving a CLK 55 AMG he looks fine.

The styling is very good, in my opinion. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->its got great style!<!-- Signature -->