this thing will FLYYYYYY

Discussion in '2002 Morgan Aero 8 GT' started by Veyronman, Aug 10, 2002.

1. 1008kg, and 500hp, WOAH!!!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: this thing will FLYYYYYY

It may go fast but it looks like a pile of crap

3. Re: this thing will FLYYYYYY

are you kidding? this car is absolutly gorgeous! i luv it

4. Re: this thing will FLYYYYYY

I love the Morgan Aero 8 as well. Im not to crazy about the paintjob it has in the picture though.
    A rich independant team with no sponsors and a cool black paintjob would be so sweet

5. Re: this thing will FLYYYYYY

What are u talking about. U liked the other one better than this what is wrong with u. I didn't like the other one that well but this one is sweet. <!-- Signature -->

6. Re: this thing will FLYYYYYY

Does anybody here think "Damocles" knows what he's talking about? I am not a big fan of this style of car, but i like this. very simple, very light and packing a powerful V8. Stunning. There is a tremendous amount of thought gone into this car. They kept the weight down, power up, chassis tight and aerodynamics sweet. I say "Well Done"!

7. Re: this thing will FLYYYYYY

lookin like a old style car as it is.... i dunno looks weird....

but still the power will be matched by corvette in 2004 they say... actually corvette will be beter

8. Re: this thing will FLYYYYYY

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WakkaWu</i>
    <b>lookin like a old style car as it is.... i dunno looks weird....

but still the power will be matched by corvette in 2004 they say... actually corvette will be beter</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

This will own the new vette. Even if the new vette only weighed 3000 pounds, it would have to have 681 bhp to have the same power/weight ratio. Besides, who would cross shop this and a vette. This is a quality hand built machine, and is exclusive, hence the high price.

9. Re: this thing will FLYYYYYY

I'm always around hot rods (30's-60's cars) and even I have to say this is ugly. BUT WHO CARES?? 500 hp in that little thing would be some shit. Only thing that looked like more fun was a 800 hp Morris Minor I saw at the last Goodguys show I went to in Tampa. Oh, the 800 hp was before nitrous, and no, it wasn't the original engine (it was a blown Ford V8).

10. Re: this thing will FLYYYYYY

wakkawu.. u sad americans.. only thing u guys can come up with is.. "corvette is the best".. "vette this and vette that".. vettes are #$%#en gay.. if i'd have to drive an american car, i'd take a viper any day..<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: this thing will FLYYYYYY

I think that if you don't like this car you are insane. It is nice. Unique. Sexy. Smooth. Sleek. It will thke the Vipers ass any day!<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: this thing will FLYYYYYY

I love how you guys keep saying " oh wow, it's so light and powerful...it would be so fast against street cars like the 'vette and the viper...bla bla bla", but you seem to be forgetting one thing: IT'S A RACE CAR! This car is not street legal, so any comparison made to a street car is null and irrelevant. It runs slick tires, has a carbon fiber body and various carbon fiber pieces throughout, it's interior is stripped down to only necessities, and every possible pain is taken to make it as fast as possible ON THE RACE TRACK. And it's not fast either. It's being beaten into the ground by the Porsches and Ferraris, and if the Callaway C12R ( a derivative of the corvette which some of you have said is so inferior to this car) were at Le Mans this year it would slap this thing around like a red-headed step child. After all, the Callaway claimed pole in the GT class last year. So, 1. this car shouldn't be compared to street cars since its maximium power and minimum weight are determined by someone other than the engineers that built it (the A.C.O. has final say on those specs), and it's not street legal by any stretch of the imagination 2. this car is not that fast compared to its competition, so don't kid yourselves.