This thing's pretty cool

Discussion in '1964 Morgan +4+ Coupé' started by DANVM, Aug 9, 2002.

1. It is! and it's fast too. GM's thinking about bringing back High-po SUV's with the Twin Turbo Trailblazer. 500hp!<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: This thing's pretty cool

Yeah its fast, and the new one will be fast but I'm telling you now its fate is already decided. GM screws everything up and gets rid of the cars. Impalla SS was killed in the mid 90s, Typhoon was killed, Monte Carlo is now crap, Camaro is gone, whats next????<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: This thing's pretty cool

bankrupecy is what's next.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: This thing's pretty cool

Concerning your signature I believe the GT40 will get the Viper on that race. GT40 will have that great balance due to the engine's position, and believe me this thing will have the highest of the highest performance parts and technology. Also Ford is experimenting with a V10 and V12 GT40. Sorry for getting off the subject but yup it will be an interesting race. <!-- Signature -->

5. Re: This thing's pretty cool

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from jaguarkid02</i>
    <b>bankrupecy is what's next.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I doubt that considering GM is doing alot better money-wise than ford and chrysler...<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: This thing's pretty cool

jesterfeild...your right. gm does keep stopping production on all its good cars. the 94-96 impala ss are possibly the coolest cars ever and now look what the the impala has become. nothing compared to an impala ss especially when its got the lt1 corvette engine

7. Re: This thing's pretty cool

I am disgusted at what GM is doing right now. What the hell happened to the monte carlo! It looks alright but it's not RWD or have a manual transmission option! WHY are the nascar versions V-8 and rwd and the road version is not? It would sell well if an option like that was released. GM has killed off lots of things, so I am going to list them.

-In 2004, will kill off coupe versions of grand prix and grand AM
    -Killed off the firebird and camaro.
    -KIlled the cyclone/typhoon twins after only 2 years in production.
    -Killed off Asuna coupe and sunrunner[dispite the coupe had 227 hp from a lotus tuned engine] in 1992
    -killed off regal GSX
    -killed off 442 in 81
    -Killed off trofeo[oldsmobile's last sport car that could hit 140mph] in 1992
    -Killed olds itself
    -Replaced Asuna with Saturn[bonehead disicison]<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: This thing's pretty cool

Syclone is spelled like this, and it's Regal GN(X) not GSX. That was the GS.

9. Re: This thing's pretty cool

Look at this:
    2003 Chevrolet Silverado SS: A true full-size sport truck, the Silverado SS will boast a 345-horsepower/6.0-liter V-8, Hydra-Matic 4L85-E four-speed automatic transmission, full-time all-wheel-drive, performance-tuned suspension, and large 20-inch wheel and tire combination. The custom interior is Dark Charcoal and equipped with uplevel LT trim and leather bucket seats with special "SS" embroidered headrests. The Silverado SS will be offered in Black, Arrival Blue Metallic, or Victory Red. On sale first quarter of 2003.

2003 Chevrolet SSR: Unveiled at the 2000 Detroit auto show, the SSR (Super Sport Roadster) combines the function and utility of a pickup with the performance and open-air excitement of a sports roadster. And it does so by tapping into decades of Chevrolet heritage, evident in its stylish design and strong 5.3-liter V-8 performance. The radical SSR is headed to production for a late-2002 release.

2004 Cadillac CTS-V: High-performance model powered by a 5.7-liter/350-horsepower V-8. Base models benefit from a new "high feature" V-6 with 250-260 horses.

2004 Cadillac SRX: The three-row "luxury activity vehicle" will boast both enhanced "high-feature" V-6 (shared with 2003 CTS) and Northstar engines (shared with XLR). The approx. 260-hp V-6 will be available with a manual transmission. The SRX will be offered with rear-drive and all-wheel-drive variations and three-row seating. It measures 195 inches long, 66 inches tall. Trick feature: dual moonroofs, with a massive front portal and a smaller, tilt-up unit to the rear.

2004 Cadillac XLR: Based on the sharp-edged Evoq roadster concept, the high-performance XLR convertible will spice up the Cadillac brand image in 2003. The 330-horsepower XLR shares its chassis with the next-generation Corvette.
    2004 Pontiac Bonneville: Redesigned with a streamlined body devoid of body cladding and significant power increase.

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix: Redesign on the front-drive Epsilon platform, tuned to offer improved handling and more responsive steering as the division benchmarks BMW for defining "driving excitement." The Grand Prix G-Force concept, said to be very representative of the production model, featured 280-hp, drive-by-wire throttle, and a manually controlled automatic transmission, dubbed TACshift. Other high-tech goodies on the show car include four-channel StabiliTrak system and dynamically adjusting shocks. The production Grand Prix will offer the "manumatic" as part of a competition package on the GTP, and top power will be 250 horses.

2004 Pontiac GTO: GM has finally confirmed that the Pontiac GTO will be offered in the United States late 2003 as a 2004 model. Based on the Holden Monaro, the rear-drive Pontiac will sport few changes from its Australian sibling beyond badging, fresh front fascia, and engineering adjustments to accommodate the harsh North American climate. Like the Firebird Trans Am before it, the rear-drive GTO will be powered by a 5.7-liter LS1 V-8. Rumor has it, the GTO will best the T/A by producing 350 horsepower.

2005 Buick LaCrosse: An innovative luxury vehicle based the LaCrosse concept will replace the Park Avenue, adding cargo versatility to a segment.
    2005 Cadillac STS: Replacing the Seville, the STS will be a more sporting sedan to better compete with BMW and Mercedes.ge trunks.
    2005 Chevrolet Corvette: The C6 will be underpinned by a chassis evolved from the current C5, that benefited from shared development with the Cadillac XLR, including the Magnetic Selective Ride Control (MSRC) dynamic damping system. Base engine is rumored to be a Gen IV 6.0-liter/380-horsepower V-8 with displacement on demand. The modern, wind-cheating styling is reported to be reminiscent of the 1963-1967 Sting Rays. Coupe and convertible models are expected at launch in spring 2004.

2005 Chevrolet HHR A two-box, heritage-influenced vehicle inspired by both the SSR and the original Suburban. With the PT Cruiser designer now guiding Chevrolet product, it's not hard to imagine how this Delta-platform-based, front-drive vehicle would be configured. Ecotec four-cylinder engine is a given, with a possible supercharged version.

2005 Chevrolet Impala: Shifted to mid-lux platform for redesign. Rear drive consideredsupercharged variant a possibility.

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo: Shifted to mid-lux platform for redesign. A V-8, rear-drive replacement is under development, though front-drive may still be an option. The future Monte configuration will be influenced

2005 Saab Sonnet: Premium roadster, built on platform co-developed with Lancia and Saab by the next Camaro, should there be one.

2006 Chevrolet Corvette: High-performance Z06 model returns with a Gen IV 6.4-liter/450-horsepower V-8.

10. Re: This thing's pretty cool

Hott

11. Re: This thing's pretty cool

I like this car but i like the syclone better

12. Re: This thing's pretty cool

i was just kidding, AKA just a dream................

13. Re: This thing's pretty cool

no that would be bad if gm went down because then some great american cars would go down with them, like the Corvette, Camaro and Firebird... oh wait gm already screwed those 2.

14. Re: This thing's pretty cool

This thing does kick butt. The only thing is that it was discontinued. Thats why I don't like GM products because all of the good high performance vehicles have been discontinued. Stupid people at GM think a Cavilier is a high performance vehicle.