This turbo 6 will stomp on a WRX boyz

Discussion in '1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo' started by RuffRydaRaz, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: This turbo 6 will stomp on a WRX boyz

If we're looking at stock factory cars here........why don't I bring out the Nismo 400R (Essentially the Nissan version of STi). It does 0-100 in high 3s, the 1/4 mile in 11.9 seconds and has a top speed of just off 320km/h (200mph!!). Let's see your damn dodge challenger compete with those #'s. And this is only with an inline 6, if the Japs went American and built a 426ci Toyota or Nissan V8, I guarantee it would splatter the domestic competition. The Japanese way of going fast is efficiency, not the "no substitute for cubes" theory. I would love to see the American's try and even get near the #'s the Japs get with a 2.0L Chev or Chrysler motor or 2.6L motor from the factory personally, cause if they can get [email protected] from a 2.6L block like some of the Skyline GT-R's over around the Pacific-Asia area do then I'll convert to American cars. If they can get [email protected] from only 1308cc like the 13B rotors running 7s in Puerto Rico then I'll convert. C yas!! Mafs!!<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: This turbo 6 will stomp on a WRX boyz

**IMPORTANT!!!**

You guys just don't get it do you? I bet you 100 dollars I could beat a 6 year old in a Ferrari with a El Camino that has a trillion miles on it. Want to know why morons ( not directing at you reading this, but everyone else :p ) ?? Because I can drive, CARS DON'T DRIVE THEMSELVES! Only if you (the 2 racing, if you're dumb enough to.) matered the cars Shifting Mechanism ( you know what im talking about ... Hopefully.) It would be pretty hard to beat a pro who is driving the same car. I hope I proved my point!<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: This turbo 6 will stomp on a WRX boyz

What was that larry? You said lamborghinis rock! I know.<!-- Signature -->

4. #5 Harada, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: This turbo 6 will stomp on a WRX boyz

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CreamOfTheCrop7</i>
    <b>300zx 0-60=5.2, motor trend april 93, 5.4 at 6000' here in the higher than a mie state</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    This man is correct the spec shown on this site for the ttZ is slightly off for a 90-95 Z you are looking at a 5.3 0-2-60. WRX would not over take the stock TTZ and with its all wheel steering it can corner like no other ask Steve Millen what he drove from 89-94 and why he was called the winnest drive in the motorsport, granted he has mad driving skillz but that Z compliments his skillz very well includding on the track. Imagine the Z's endurance record and cornering ability while you gaze at this rap sheet on its race history.

http://www.nissannews.com/nissan/motorsport/imsa_gto_gts.html <!-- Signature -->

5. Re: This turbo 6 will stomp on a WRX boyz

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from VR4</i>
    <b>Yup...it would. It would take it around corners easily too. But I'de still take this over the WRX...unless it was the WRX STi..</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->A WRX would loose trying to out corner a 300ZX!!! What the hell R U talking about? Why would you think the WRX would win in cornering, becuase it's AWD? Generally speaking, AWD cars have more problems in cornering than any other drivetrain type. Generally speaking RWD cars have the easiest time cornering. <!-- Signature -->

6. Re: This turbo 6 will stomp on a WRX boyz

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Analogic</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from VR4</i>
    <b>Yup...it would. It would take it around corners easily too. But I'de still take this over the WRX...unless it was the WRX STi..</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->A WRX would loose trying to out corner a 300ZX!!! What the hell R U talking about? Why would you think the WRX would win in cornering, becuase it's AWD? Generally speaking, AWD cars have more problems in cornering than any other drivetrain type. Generally speaking RWD cars have the easiest time cornering. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

AWD cars generally have the best grip while cornering, you just have to know how to drive them. What's nice is that you can accelerate out of corners much earlier because the traction that you lose because of acceleration is divided by about 2. They have neutral steer, which is something most racers are unaccustomed to. The reason racecars don't use AWD is its weight.

FWD is the easiest to corner in, RWD is the most fun to corner in, and AWD is the best to corner in. "Slideways is slower" <---RWD and FWD cars make you go sideways and slide more than AWD cars do...oversteer/understeer vs. neutral steer.

But you're right, there are more problems with AWD because it is so complicated. However, with modern computer controls and the advances in differential technology, you almost never have a diff pop or see a stray wheel with too much torque.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: This turbo 6 will stomp on a WRX boyz

What a sorry car! All the jap racers think that this could beat a Dodge Challenger can bring it! I am tired of stupid people that talk all sorts of trash about muscle cars and think a jap car could beat it! If you think you can than put your jap crap against my 72 Dodge Challenger with a 426 HEMI! I'll blow you off the road!!!

8. Re: This turbo 6 will stomp on a WRX boyz

Ok...

300ZX- 0-60 6.5 Sec
    1/4- 15.0

WRX Impreza
    0-60 5.4 Sec
    1/4 14.3 seconds

you can just eat that statement...

9. Re: This turbo 6 will stomp on a WRX boyz

Twin turbo would be better... with sn inline 6.

It's still a lot classier than a WRX; every rich, little wog doesn't own one of these!
    <!-- Signature -->

10. Re: This turbo 6 will stomp on a WRX boyz

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ktulu</i>
    <b>Twin turbo would be better... with sn inline 6.

It's still a lot classier than a WRX; every rich, little wog doesn't own one of these!
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

i think the 300ZX is a very cool car, infact my uncle is a car collector and has one of the rare Twin Turbo Convertables my one main cool thing i love about it is the front dash and how it slopes down, and i love the grip of the shifter, i had a chance to drive it, it was very fast, but a stock 300ZX against the WRX, it would be close but the WRX would overtake it.

11. Re: This turbo 6 will stomp on a WRX boyz

Yup...it would. It would take it around corners easily too. But I'de still take this over the WRX...unless it was the WRX STi..