This v. C5-R Vette, Who Wins?

Discussion in '2001 Ferrari 550 GT' started by Supercar GT40, Aug 10, 2002.

1. To say the truth, I'd love to see this race. Both cars have about the same weight and power. Any guesses?

2. Re: This v. C5-R Vette, Who Wins?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Supercar GT40</i>
    <b>To say the truth, I'd love to see this race. Both cars have about the same weight and power. Any guesses?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->my guies is that the c5r would be RIPED APART WITHIN FEW SECONDS but thas jus my opinion

3. Re: This v. C5-R Vette, Who Wins?

you know nothing.

4. Re: This v. C5-R Vette, Who Wins?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ferrari F40 GTE</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Supercar GT40</i>
    <b>To say the truth, I'd love to see this race. Both cars have about the same weight and power. Any guesses?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->my guies is that the c5r would be RIPED APART WITHIN FEW SECONDS but thas jus my opinion</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

That funny, but I don't think it would take a few seconds. I think the 550 GT would make the C5 cry for his mama after a lap or two.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: This v. C5-R Vette, Who Wins?

Actually this car raced against the C5R in the petit lemans race. The Vette is faster for now, since its much older and all the kinks have been worked out. We'll see how this baby does in the coming races. I bet it will be able to beat the C5R, and even if it cant, this car is so much more exquisite than the vette that i would take this any day.

6. Re: This v. C5-R Vette, Who Wins?

don't be so sure the Ferrari would win. the Corvette has already proven its mettle, while the Ferrari has yet to race. <!-- Signature -->

7. Re: This v. C5-R Vette, Who Wins?

I'd say the Ferarri would win

8. Re: This v. C5-R Vette, Who Wins?

I strongly believe the Ferrari would win, but I could be wrong<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: This v. C5-R Vette, Who Wins?

the corvette would win, so would the saleen s7r. all the kinks have been worked out of these cars so they are much more reliable. this car might win a race here and there but it wont be a treat to the corvette or as a matter of fact any GTS car for at least the coming year. but then again by that time the new viper will be out and will likely be dominant.

10. Re: This v. C5-R Vette, Who Wins?

I am a die-hard Ferrari fan but I must say that for now the Corvette will win simply because of track experience. The Ferrari is brand new but the Vette's been around long enough to get the problems worked out.

11. Re: This v. C5-R Vette, Who Wins?

I agree with a lot of people who have posted already. The corvette is probably a little more reliable and race-proven, and if I were a betting man, I'd place my money with the C5R, but it's a Ferrari we're talking about here, and it probably won't be long before they work out what few problems they will have, and start kicking some A**, Go Ferrari!

12. Re: This v. C5-R Vette, Who Wins?

HA... killer idea but well it is a sure win for the Ferrari in every category out there. the 550 has the vette in straight up speed style and everything in between. sorry America 550's runnin in style

13. Re: This v. C5-R Vette, Who Wins?

Well Le Mans is going on right now. I'm watching in the 5th hour. The 550GT is ahead, by about 10-15 secs of the C5R, in first place of the GTS class. It has been in first place of GTS since the beginning.<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: This v. C5-R Vette, Who Wins?

It lost the LeMans, but is leading the FIA GT this year.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: This v. C5-R Vette, Who Wins?

I'm a reserve driver for Prodrive and a die-hard Ferrari fan but the C5R has proved itself over and over to be the GTS Dominator. When I rejoin ALMS this spring, I will fear the C5R like the rest of the GTS cars do.

16. Re: This v. C5-R Vette, Who Wins?

this car looks better than the corvette

17. Re: This v. C5-R Vette, Who Wins?

right now the vetts would probably win but wait untill the new stronger engin that is going to be put in soon and the c5-r would have some good compotion

18. Re: This v. C5-R Vette, Who Wins?

DUH! 550 gt!

19. Re: This v. C5-R Vette, Who Wins?

vetts suk this car wins all the way

20. Re: This v. C5-R Vette, Who Wins?

In the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the 550 GT was crushing the C5R for a long time. The top speed of this car almost equaled the prototypes' down the straights. But, as it is with all endurance races, it just proved to be a reliability issue rather than a speed issue. The 550 GT just wasn't able to keep it together, and was forced to retire from the race with an engine or gearbox problem (I can't remember which). So in the end the faster 550 GT lost to the slower but bulletproof C5R. I think that once the reliability problems are worked out, this car has the potential to dominate the GTR class the way the C5R's are dominating it now.

21. Re: This v. C5-R Vette, Who Wins?

The Ferrar would win mofo it's cooler and faster. ass

22. Re: This v. C5-R Vette, Who Wins?

When Ferrari brings Ron Fellows over to its team and decides to impliment a 7.0L LS1 developed by Katech, the Ferrari will finally get an advantage. Until then my money is on the Vette.

23. Re: This v. C5-R Vette, Who Wins?

Who you are to judge if someone knows or doesn't? Also, the C5R won le mans, since the ferrari got it's engine like a good fondue: melted.

24. Re: This v. C5-R Vette, Who Wins?

Muahahahahahahahahahaha,mine too I'm also biased I love ferraris and I HATE corvettes,lol Ok I hate all american cars,lol
    But Honestly come'on this will RAPE the shitty vette any day!

25. Re: This v. C5-R Vette, Who Wins?

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!
    FERRARI RULES,LOL!!!!
    And Yes I am biased so what,lol?
    Imports Rule!