This viper or new gt40??????

Discussion in '1998 Dodge Lingenfelter Viper GTS' started by Japan4, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: This viper or new gt40??????

GT-40

2. dodge lingenfelter viper vs. chevrolet lingenfelter vette

this is good but i like the vette 1 better

3. Re: dodge lingenfelter viper vs. chevrolet lingenfelter vette

no doubt the vettes better........proven by facts....

4. Re: dodge lingenfelter viper vs. chevrolet lingenfelter vette

5 bucks says the vette roast its ass<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: dodge lingenfelter viper vs. chevrolet lingenfelter vette

more than that it sodomizes the viper!<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: dodge lingenfelter viper vs. chevrolet lingenfelter vette

427TT without a doubt.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: dodge lingenfelter viper vs. chevrolet lingenfelter vette

I heard that that lingenfelter vette that did 0-60 in 1.9 secs has an automatic trans and that is the only possible way that they were able to get those type of numbers out of it. Anyone have any more info on this?

8. #8 Mopar505V10, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: dodge lingenfelter viper vs. chevrolet lingenfelter vette

naturally asperated LPE viper 510 VS naturally asperated LPE vette ............ viper wins!
    TT viper hennessey vs TT LPE corvette ............................. viper wins!

about the vette doin 0-60 in 1.9 the BTR 751 super snake Viper can do 0-60 in 1.46 and here is the proof http://www.btrviper.com/results.html

9. which car wuld u guys rather pick

o yea id take the viper

10. Re: This viper or new gt40??????

viper

11. Re: This viper or new gt40??????

they're comparable? isn't the new gt40 gonna be like $200-250k? if i had to pay, i'd take this car, but if i were offered both for free i'd take the gt40 and sell it so i could buy a house or something.

12. Re: This viper or new gt40??????

Both are american, and neither can take the original GT40

13. Re: This viper or new gt40??????

look at my name, and then guess which one I'd pick.

14. Re: This viper or new gt40??????

no, no....look at MY name and guess what i would pick.

15. Re: This viper or new gt40??????

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from squarehead911</i>
    <b>Both are american, and neither can take the original GT40</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->i completely agree. the GT40 is a truely incredible machine, no to be matched by any would-be viper.

16. Re: This viper or new gt40??????

The new competition coupe will be more then enough to compete with the gt-40. I'd pick the Viper over a GT-40 just because imma big Mopar fan.

17. Re: This viper or new gt40??????

mopar?, I think the Hemi-Darts are ok, but thats it.
    GT40, for performance
    Viper, daily driver<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: This viper or new gt40??????

i'd have to take the GT40 it's got to be faster then this in 0-60 and at least 200mph top speed.<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: This viper or new gt40??????

The new '03 Viper because it looks better, will have better ride, it's built with better quality, the company has a better quality rep, more comfortable, easier to get into, and doesn't look as exotic and car-thief-inviting.<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: This viper or new gt40??????

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from tiger005</i>
    <b>mopar?, I think the Hemi-Darts are ok, but thats it.
    GT40, for performance
    Viper, daily driver</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    from personal experience, you don't want a viper as a daily driver. don't get me wrong, i love vipers and they're excellent weekend cars, but they're a ***** to drive in traffic and, while it's not as bad as car magazines make it sound, stiff suspensions and less-than-perfect roads don't mix well.
    obviously, i can't say anything about the gt40.
    i still think the cars are incomparable though.

21. Re: This viper or new gt40??????

You are going to deny one of the geatest cars in the world (GT 40) just because you don't like Ford!!! I love Vipers, but I'd rather take the Legendary '67 GT-40.

22. Re: This viper or new gt40??????

I'm not much of a Ford fan, (Save for the Mustang) but I would have to take the classic GT40 just because it is rarer than the Viper, and I would say more prestigious

23. Re: This viper or new gt40??????

oh yea viper all the way! IF i had the money to buy a gt40, and what are they $250k? I would buy an $80k viper and put a shit load of money into suping it up with the money i coulda bought the gt40 with.

24. Re: This viper or new gt40??????

No No, the new Gt-40, if I remember correctly, the price is suppose to be around 120k

25. One of the best Vipers

some people will read this, and say VIPERS SUCK!!!!, but that is a heap of s**T. This is a good car, like all vipers, and it's very good looking IMO.