This VS 07 Skyline

Discussion in '2006 Chevrolet Camaro Concept' started by Radlo, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Im gonna have to say this, it may not be as light, or as good in the corners, but it has more personality and most likely bang for buck.

2. Point taken. Now, all actuality put into account, I'd say the GT-R. No specs have been released, of course, but rumors say it'll have a twin turbo V6 with 450hp. If so, then the Camaro doesn't match it in power or handling. Don't know which I prefer, though.

3. The Nissan's on a different level.. More like sophistication, unlike Chevy's desire for brute, gass-guzzling force

4. I haven't seen the '07 Skyline... Post some links.. I would really like to see it

5. That, what you point out, is of course the typical difference between American and European/Japanese cars. American cars go for brute force and straight-line racing. Other countries prefer handling over brute force.

6. the skyline would toast the camaro hands down. the camaro would get tooken off the line and would have no chance after that. also the sky line look a hell of alot better than the camaro.

7. Gas guzzling? This LS2 engine is used in the base Corvettes and gets 18/28 mpg. And, oh yeah, Nissans blowing us out of the water with their sophisticated technology on those badass sentras and altamas. New tag line: "Nissan... a true high performance car company." You tell me how effecient the Skyline will be with two turbos spoiling. Not to mention that I wont mind paying the gas for the Camaro while youre making payments on a $70,000 Nissan.

8. I believe the skyline will pull harder on the top end but from the launch. The initial torque of the Camaro will be far greater than the Skyline. I fully believe the 1/4 mile will got to the skyline but the first half of the strip it will be playing catch up... atleast until both turbos are turning at full speed. I always kinda felt that turbo charging (like nitrous) is cheating a little; if the engine can't make the power then dont race it. I mean if you want a forced induction race put a supercharger on the camaro, no competition then. Stock 1/4: GT-R pulls ahead and wins.

What I want to see is a track test. Ive heard amazing things about the independent susension on this Camaro by the builder of the C6 Corvettes. But can it stand up to the $70,000 Skyline? As far as braking goes though: my vote is on the Camaro - 14" rotors on all 4 corners.

9. I believe the skyline will pull harder on the top end but from the launch. The initial torque of the Camaro will be far greater than the Skyline. I fully believe the 1/4 mile will got to the skyline but the first half of the strip it will be playing catch up... atleast until both turbos are turning at full speed. I always kinda felt that turbo charging (like nitrous) is cheating a little; if the engine can't make the power then dont race it. I mean if you want a forced induction race put a supercharger on the camaro, no competition then. Stock 1/4: GT-R pulls ahead and wins.

What I want to see is a track test. Ive heard amazing things about the independent susension on this Camaro by the builder of the C6 Corvettes. But can it stand up to the $70,000 Skyline? As far as braking goes though: my vote is on the Camaro - 14" rotors on all 4 corners.

10. Ok first off the new GT-R, Skyline, is being produced under Infiniti's logo, not Nissan. And there is no sophistication held by a sentra or xtera that is not match or surpassed by Chevorlet.

11. Ok first off the new GT-R, Skyline, is being produced under Infiniti's logo, not Nissan. And there is no sophistication held by a sentra or xtera that is not match or surpassed by Chevorlet.

12. If you understood what turbo lag was and knew about the skyline you know the motor itself isnt making any low end torque. These small 4 and 6 cylinder motors rely on the power of (in this case 2) turbos. This car is producing little power off the line and wouldnt beat the new LS2 motor off the line not a chance. I own a 700hp '67 camaro and Ive driven my friends '06 vette with the same motor the new camaro's going to have. Let me tell you it feels like a lot more than 400hp. Before I knew it we were doing 125 in a 40.

13. The motor for the skyline is based on the VQ motor, an unusually high torque motor for a japanese sports cars. I would bet that the Skyline will waste the Camaro. But I would also bet that the Skyline will be a lot more expensive. The Camaro is a car I could buy. I couldn't buy a Skyline if I wanted to.

14. The motor for the skyline is based on the VQ motor, an unusually high torque motor for a japanese sports cars. I would bet that the Skyline will waste the Camaro. But I would also bet that the Skyline will be a lot more expensive. The Camaro is a car I could buy. I couldn't buy a Skyline if I wanted to.

15. a #$%#tards...how much does the #$%#in skyline cost?shut up.compare the camaro to something remotely in the same price range like a g35

18. There is no #$%#ing new Skyline.

19. This is a very stupid comparsion.

Its like comparing a Corvette to a 350Z.