This vs. 1978 RX-7

Discussion in '1982 Mitsubishi Starion Turbo' started by Homsar, Jul 6, 2003.

1. I'll take this.

2. Re: This vs. 1978 RX-7

Obviously, this.

3. Re: This vs. 1978 RX-7

this all the way

4. Re:

The RX-7 Would get its ass whipped

5. Re: This vs. 1978 RX-7

What am I reading? The RX-7 would kick the Mitsus ass in every race.. no question about it.

6. Re: This vs. 1978 RX-7

this is better than the mazda but both isnt that great

7. Re: This vs. 1978 RX-7

I'm phawkin str8, any first generation RX-7 would eat this SOHC alive!!! Any good driver can run a stock 79' RX-7 quarter mile faster than this rusty ass garbage!!! Plus they have 20x the style!!!

8. Re: This vs. 1978 RX-7

Ok, if these two were on a track they RX would hand its ass to it! I drive one everyday(85' same engine and body style as a 79'). It handles like the tires are glued to the ground.Mitsu has only 40 more horses. But the powerband is amazing on the RX, it gets good pull all the way from 4,200-7,400 RPMs. The mitsu gets max horses at 5000 rpms, typical of an 80's turbo car. They would go side by side all the way down, until they hit a turn. The RX would pass it! The RX is a car of many abilites. BTW the RX only weighs 2,380 lbs. that is 600 lbs lighter than the mitsu!!!point proven

9. Re: This vs. 1978 RX-7

Ok, if these two were on a track they RX would hand its ass to it! I drive one everyday(85' same engine and body style as a 79'). It handles like the tires are glued to the ground.Mitsu has only 40 more horses. But the powerband is amazing on the RX, it gets good pull all the way from 4,200-7,400 RPMs. The mitsu gets max horses at 5000 rpms, typical of an 80's turbo car. They would go side by side all the way down, until they hit a turn. The RX would pass it! The RX is a car of many abilites. BTW the RX only weighs 2,380 lbs. that is 600 lbs lighter than the mitsu!!!point proven

10. Re: This vs. 1978 RX-7

Go to starquestclub.com and say that crap. I bet you'd get your ass kicked!! You know nothing of the starion/conquests you fruitcup!!

11. Re: This vs. 1978 RX-7

RX7 !

12. Re: This vs. 1978 RX-7

the starion. the starion will tear the rx up in corners cvause it will pull it out of the corners more and the rear independent suspension and limited slip diff. the car has more torque more power. the car can launch at a higher RPM. remember this car was built to beat the porsche. and it succeeded