This vs. Dodge Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT

Discussion in '2002 Bugatti 16/4 Veyron Preproduction' started by Clh, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: This vs. Dodge Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT

Um, we weren't even discussing terms of speed anymore, just handling, and by Street Legal I meant none of the one's modified for racing that are not street legal, I know the 800tt is street legal.

2. Re: This vs. Dodge Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT

Unless the handling characteristics are way off, (which they shouldn't be as they are both street legal race cars) handling comes down to skill of the driver as much as numbers of the car. This makes it more subjective by driver.

3. Re: This vs. Dodge Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT

yes, but the maximum potential of the car will remain the same. No matter what, the possibilities of what you can do with a car are always limited by it's handling characteristics, there is only so far that they can go, so in the end the Bugatti will still likely be a better car for the track, just like the McLaren F1.

4. Re: This vs. Dodge Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT

I agree seeing as the McLarin and the Veyron are both street legal purpose built race cars. However, you must agree that for a fraction of the cost the 800TT and the Lingenfelter 427TT wouldn't do so bad either.

5. Re: This vs. Dodge Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT

I fully agree.

6. #56 Monkey, Dec 17, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  7. #57 Monkey, Dec 17, 2002
  8. #58 Monkey, Dec 17, 2002
  9. Re: This vs. Dodge Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT

once again people mix up supercars with wanna be's
    remember when the diablo came out it was the fastest thing on 4 wheels then the EB 110 Bugatti beat in 2 years time they released the diablo VT etc..
    the veyron just came out and well is the fastest thing on four wheels now when chevy or MClaren make a production caar that beats this, we might see a veyron"VTTT" hehe

10. Re: This vs. Dodge Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT

Veyron. The car of all cars.

11. Re: This vs. Dodge Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT

I can't stand vipers...this thing would wipe the floor with any US car.

12. Re: This vs. Dodge Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT

You guys are rite there isnt any copetiton between these two cars because for one the Veyron is all wheel drive and since its such high horse pwoer you just cant launch like a rocket ship from hell you have to ease from first gear other wise you dump the tranny all over the track so the 800TT viper would not only gat this car it would continue to leave it cause there be no room for the veyron to useits top speed on a track effective enough to catch and pass the Viper. He would have to depend on driver error to win. The viper can lauch fron knott to 60 in 2.7 wit ha top speed of over 230 making it more of a challenge than you would think. Thats a truth every american car hating person will have to cope with.

13. Re: This vs. Dodge Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT

The Viper handles quite well compared to the Veyron. In fact, I think the Viper handles better. I don't know one car that can turn swiftly or gracefully like the Dodge Viper.

14. Re: This vs. Dodge Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT

american cars are shit and the viper is no exception. this #$%#ing bugatti is the ultimate car. it looks like a tank, but goes like nothing else.

15. Re: This vs. Dodge Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT

"it goes like nothing else"
    Really, how much time have you spent testing them? By the way, it doesn't count when you wake up from your dream at the end.

Also I think you forgot the word 'the' between 'are' and 'shit'.

16. Re: This vs. Dodge Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT

I like your ideas, they are original, and well thought out, however (and this is why I disagree, not the other way around) they are far from the truth.

17. Re: This vs. Dodge Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT

Yes, the Viper handles well, but you can't really say it handles well compared to the Veyron unless you've driven a Veyron or read a road test of the Veyron (and there haven't been any other than by the manufacturer). It's not even in production yet, although it supposedly will be soon.

18. Re: This vs. Dodge Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT

Thats a Big No,No vs a supra veilside limited post says 1039Hp?

19. Re: This vs. Dodge Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT

looks like a tank and prolly as heavy as one to. we dont know. its never been tested and there isnt enough info on it to know how it performs. 1000hp can mean bullshit for all we know. hense the "estmated" part of 0-60. its based on dynos. for all we know it could absolutly blow cock in first gear and doesnt really start accelrating until 3rd or 4th gear. once testing comes out we'll know for sure. o and to the guy who wanted to prove to me so bad that where GM coperate offices are... thats great i know that they're not in canada. its a canadain BASED car company. thats wat i said.

20. Re: This vs. Dodge Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT

i looked at the #$%#ing specs you ignorant yank asshole.

21. Re: This vs. Dodge Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT

They're not specs... they're estimates

22. Re: This vs. Dodge Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT

Ok. According to the specs or whatever you want to call them, there are two things out of many that are estimated- acceleration and price. I doubt that the power is bullshit- 1000hp from a quad-turbo W16 seems hardly surprising.

23. Re: This vs. Dodge Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT

Looking at the specs doesn't tell you anything about how a car goes. My 84 vette is rated at 205 hp and 290 lbs/ft of torque, and it goes pretty well and handles like a dream. If you looked at the specs, you would probably say it was shit. Unless you actually drive the car you have absolutely no idea about how well it goes.

As for being a yank asshole, I am actually not any particular part of the human anatomy although I do have one. I was also wondering if living in Toronto CANANDA qualifies me as a Yank.

24. Re: This vs. Dodge Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT

You put one too many N's in Cananda.

25. Re: This vs. Dodge Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT

what the hell is wrong with you? i like Vipers, but you're just dillusional if you think a Veyron would get beaten by a Viper, even a Hennessy. Besides, the Bugatti isn't built for raw speed, it's meant to be refined, but still #$%#in' fast, like the Vanquish, or the new Bentley, plus, would you rather have a Viper or a Bugatti, ponder on that while your Viper loyalty slowly drains...