this vs enzo

Discussion in '2004 Maserati MC12' started by CC is fun, Dec 5, 2006.

1. this would be better then a enzo on the track!

2. the enzo hands down, its faster(3.4 secs compared to 3.7 for the maserati's 0-60 mph) has a higher top speed (350 kph compared to 330 kph) and has more power (660 bhp compared to 620 bph)....the maserati does have a negligible weight advantage but it'll need a #$%#in hell lot more

3. you're an idiot, this thing tears apart enzos on a track

4. ENZO VS THIS? DUH! THIS WOULD PACK THE ENZO!!

5. the Enzo is much better than this

6. aweseemo yo!

7. I would prefer the Enzo but this car is faster

8. I believe the Enzo would be better on a race track.

9. The Enzo fell short against this around the ring. The MC12 posted a new lap record of 7 minuets 24 seconds around the ring beating the Enzo, the CCX, and the Zonda... They said even though it is the heaviest of the bunch, it excelled in cornering G-Forces allowing the car to power out of corners faster than the rest.

10. Ferrari actually made this car for Maserati, it is Enzo underneath but the Enzo is faster so it might just edge it although i love the MC12 more.

11. Actually, round the TG test track the Enzo does a 1min 19 dead and when the MC12 does 1min 18.9 so the MC12 is faster.

12. actually, it just based on an enzo chassis and engine. maserati designed and produced every other bit. saying it's essentially an enzo, and maserati just made a different body, doesn't do maserati justice at all. it's faster than the enzo on tracks, with less power, all thanks to maserati.

13. #14 Dragonspirit, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Look its not fair too compare them both, which are obviously apart of Fiat Group. But just forsake of the argument the MC12 is, almost exactly 1 second faster around Nordschliefe, than the Enzo which is suppose too be faster, simply because its V12 isn't de-tuned at all. Here's just some of the numbers too compare with each other, obviously from wikipedia.com:

Enzo: "The Enzo can accelerate to 60 mph (97 km/h) in 3.3 seconds[12] and can reach 100 mph (160 km/h) in 6.6 seconds.[7] The ¼ mile (~400 m) time is 11.0 at 136 mph (219 km/h) and the top speed is over 350.83 kilometers per hour (218 mph).[13] It is rated at 12 miles per US gallon (20 L/100 km; 14 mpg-imp) in the city and 18 miles per US gallon (13 L/100 km; 22 mpg-imp) on the highway." Also, "Evo magazine tested the Enzo on the famed Nordschleife Circuit and ran a 7:25.21 lap time. The Enzo in the test had a broken electronic damper." All quoted from, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_Enzo.

MC12: "The Maserati MC12 can accelerate from 0–100 kilometres per hour (62 mph) in 3.8 seconds (though Motor Trend Magazine managed 3.7 seconds) and on to 200 kilometres per hour (125 mph) in 9.9 seconds.[1][5][6] It can complete a standing (from stationary) quarter mile in 11.3 seconds with a terminal speed of 200 kilometres per hour (125 mph) or a standing kilometre in 20.1 seconds.[1][6] The maximum speed of the Maserati MC12 is 330 kilometres per hour (205 mph).[6]" Also, "Recently Evo Magazine ran the MC12 at Nordschleife and obtained a 7:24.29 second lap time.[citation needed] This was also the second time an MC12 recorded a faster lap time than its Ferrari counterpart, with the Enzo lapping the track exactly 1 second slower. Both times were set by the same driver, Marc Basseng." Again, quoted from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maserati_MC12.

So, obviously if I had choose right now it would without a doubt be the MC12, just my personal opinion.