this vs. honda civic SIR

Discussion in '2002 Ford Focus SVT' started by cars_rock88, Dec 9, 2002.

1. civic is better

2. Re: this vs. honda civic SIR

The Focus RS has 215hp front wheel drive and 0-60 in 6.4 with a top speed of 147mph, doesn't sound like much but in the dry it beats the Subaru WRX STi round any Track, admittedly it won't beat the Evo Vii round the same track but it'll come damn close! And without a doubt it would beat the SIR

3. Re: this vs. honda civic SIR

First ofall, to gs430,the SIr isn't the sameclass as the SVT, the Type R is.

The RS competes with WRX. The RS does 0-60mph in 5.8 sec.

4. Re: this vs. honda civic SIR

Well, first off this car isn't the RS.

Second, although the STI is a bit better for the dirt roads than the EVO, yet a bit worse on the pavement, it is still much better than the RS on ANY track. I have yet to see evidence of the stock Focus RS even being able to compete with the stock STI.

5. Re: this vs. honda civic SIR

lol the honda civic is better than this hunk of plasctic junk.

6. Re: this vs. honda civic SIR

0-100km/h STI: 4.5sec.

0-100km/h RS: 5.8sec.

not to mention superior handling, and better acceleration in high and low end rpm (though midrange is debatable).

7. Re: this vs. honda civic SIR

OH MY GOD!Are you freaking kidding me a Ford piece of crap Focus
    on a site called (Supercars.net) what the hell that's just wrong man,lol
    muahahahahahahaahahahha
    Imports rule

8. Re: this vs. honda civic SIR

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that the STI also has a higher top speed. In what way precisely does the RS outperform the STI?

9. Re: this vs. honda civic SIR

Oh really? Name 10 cars better than this then if it sucks so bad. 10 cars, thats it. And they have to be in the same price range too, it cant be something like a 1 million dollar mclaren F1.

10. Re: this vs. honda civic SIR

hmmm, this car doesn't ahve more than 10 competitors.

11. Re: this vs. honda civic SIR

it would be too easy to name 10 cars better than this that cost less than $50,000....cdn.

12. Re: this vs. honda civic SIR

If it's so easy to name 10 better competitors, why does this car keep winning awards, and the other, BETTER competitors do not? And don't say politics. cause that's just... dumb. And I think I'd take the Civic Si over this JUST because of the badass console mounted shifter, I so love that.

13. Re: this vs. honda civic SIR

Yes, and the Camry has won quite a few awards as well, does that mean the Camry is a good competitor?

14. Re: this vs. honda civic SIR

Both cars are really good cars. Ford actually has done a great job putting a Getrag 6-speed on this bad boy. The SIR isn't bad at all either, 170HP B16A2 is the motor that all honda enthusiast invest in, and trust me, it's no sissy engine. On the track there is no need for the Focus's 6 speed, but I'm pretty sure it handles well. The SIR has great handling, light and nimble. They both have the same HP. So this is a hard comparison. It all depends on the driver in this case. I have no say in which car is better. Just wanted to let you know how I feel about both cars.

15. Re: this vs. honda civic SIR

Name as many cars as you can then.

16. Re: this vs. honda civic SIR

Hmm, Civic Type R, Mini Cooper S, VW Golf GTi, Peogeot 206, renault clio...

17. Re: this vs. honda civic SIR

In the damn states. Ford is not going to build a car that competes with cars from other countries.

18. Re: this vs. honda civic SIR

The Focus was originally built in and for the European market.

19. Re: this vs. honda civic SIR

Not the SVT we are talking about here.

20. Re: this vs. honda civic SIR

But they are pretty much teh same car, with different names.

21. Re: this vs. honda civic SIR

The Focus ST170 was designed by Europeans, for Europeans, to compete in the European market. The "SVT we are talking about here" IS the ST170, labelled as the SVT for the American market as SVT is a badge recognized by Ford fans in North America.

22. Re: this vs. honda civic SIR

first. this is not an RS! its an svt!

second, the RS only beats the WRX around a track!
    not the STI

and the WRX beats it in every other category anyway eg. its alot faster to 60

and the only reason it does beat the WRX on the track is because of the new kind of differential it has. but this "great new differential" also makes it impossible for city driving because it is extremely twichy and there is heaps of torque steer!

and finally to answer your comparo.......yes the civic would eat this sh** for breakfast

23. Re: this vs. honda civic SIR

well said

24. Re: this vs. honda civic SIR

Civics are plastic pieces of junk. Really its like 100% plastic.

25. Re: this vs. honda civic SIR

first these cars are pretty even, second for the same price(correst me if i'm wrong) for around the same price u can get an '04 SRT-4 w/ the diff and smoke both of these. ya i know that you are gonna say that this car is diffrent class and someother crap but why waste your money on those if u can get this which is faster, better handaling(when the diff is avalible)

SRT-4