THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

Discussion in '1999 Blitz Skyline GT-R R348' started by F KOENIG550, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

No sorry that is too exagerated it can hold about 800 with stock internals, and that is still risky. 1500 hp they have to fill up the cooling ducts to be sure that the engine doesn't crack.

2. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

1200 hp Skyline would be unusable on a track other than a drag strip due to being practically uncontrolable. Hp doesn't win races. Good drivers, handling, and the right amout of hp wins races. 800-900hp could do just as good as a 1200 hp skyline.

3. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

You can't put this up against a Mclaren. For Starters the Mclaren is an NA Production car. This is a modified car running huge amounts of boost. If the Mclaren was tuned it would kill this any day.

4. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

but i suppose a modified hsv would kick the shit out of this...

remember including mods this would still only cost about 300 grand aussie, or 10 grand less than a stock 911 turbo, and the mclaren would cost well over a million

5. #30 HsvGto, Aug 25, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

Yes a modified Hsv would kill this. Check out this guys commodore. 1500hp at the wheels!!!

www.holdenfordshow.com/eddy.htm

6. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

sorry but this comment is pretty stupid. really, whta does the top speed matter? Is the top speed ever going to be achieved on the track? High top speed is cool, but it really means nothing on the track.

7. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

I say Mc-Laren F1.

8. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

omg this is a very dum thred we all know the answer and the MCLAREN F1 would eat the shitty skyline in the high and low km face the facts nissans suck

SKYLINES SUCK!!!!

9. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

take your insecurities somewhere else

10. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

If u turboed a mclaren i dont even want to kno the endless HP posibilities. but yes a Rb26DETT bottom end can hold up to 1200 hp without mods. ITs a statistic..and no it wont break down.

11. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

The nissan would crack F1's ass in a 1/4 of mile race, but it has no chance in a complete circuit race. The F1 is the most refined car ever made, and it doesn't matter how much power a skyline has, it still has no posibilities

12. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

this is a stupid comparison anyway. A top speed I6, vs a race bred V12. stupid.

13. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

again...the mclaren would whip this thing on the tracki. the prestige is not in a straightaway. its all on the track. thats the only thing that really irritates me: when people try to compare super modded out japanese cars to the most refined, race bred european supercars. but, japan has made good attempts at the le mans series.

but defintely the f1 on the track.

14. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

I love the Blitz, but the McLAREN F1 would still win. It accelerates slightly slower and all, but it can go faster and probably has better high end acceleration. Also it can out handle the Blitz.

15. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

Ok first of all i will have to admit even though skyline is my favorite car, it would get owned by a McLaren F1 but before you do anything else, please check the price tag on that s#it. I would never spend that much money on a car no metter how much money I had.

16. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

I like Skylines a lot (not so much the R34 though) but the Mclaren would destroy this car. The biggest downfall of all Skylines is the weight, if they could get that down it would help a lot.

17. Re: Re:

u dumb ass. America didnt loose @ pearl harbor cuz it wasnt a military battle. We werent @ war w/ japan, pearl harbor was designed to start a war. You cant loose a non-war conflict, becuz neither japan or america declared war on the other. Nice job, genius. I cant defend the cars part, but we do make some kick ass cars, come on now.

18. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

skyline all the way

19. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

This Skyline is a TUNED car. The McLaren F1 is a NON-TUNED car. Now, if the F1 was tuned, THEN you could make a good comparison. It's like comparing a Lingenfelter Corvette vs a Stock Viper. Cmon, get a good comparison car, like a Supra or something. These two cars are also not in the same league.

20. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

ya.. if it was on proving grounds.. the F1 would win simply put

21. Re:

I'll have the macca, simply put, u could see lots of 800-900-1100 hp skylines in Japan, but seeing a Macca in the carbon flesh would probably be once in a lifetime. Next, the skyline is a pig, and I love this car, but you can't be seriously comparing the two. What do they have in common? wheels, doors, lights. I think you see what I'm getting at. Good try but next time try comparing two cars that are somewhat similar, please!

22. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

i like them both but the Mclaren f1 is better

23. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

Skyline i think is far better than the Mclaren.

24. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

no way

25. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

hate to tell ya ladies but the lingenfelter corvette will eat any car on this site...care to argue over it be my guest send me an e mail or i have have msn id be glad to prove anyone who thinks otherwords wrong