this vs zo6 great comparison

Discussion in '1997 Ferrari 550 Maranello' started by fords are slow, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: this vs zo6 great comparison

The 550 Maranello will win for sure. Ever the 360 Modena can beat the Corvette. Ferrari and Chevrolet are not the same. Compare Ferrari with Lamborghini, McLaren ,Mercedes, Porsche and Chevrolet with Ford or Dodge.
    Italiens and Germans cars are the best.

2. Re: this vs zo6 great comparison

Why would you compare it to them? Just because they are expensive?

And it just shows how stupid you are trying to compare this car to the McLaren because THOSE two cars don't compare at all...

I think the Z06 is an ok comparison, just because it isn't as much money doesn't mean it's not a great car...

3. Re: this vs zo6 great comparison

Corvettes are the greatest. But this will probably waste a corvette.

4. Re: this vs zo6 great comparison

No offence, but look at the numbers. Z06's 3.9 seconds over 550's 4.5? Please.

5. Re: this vs zo6 great comparison

Vette wins in acceleration, but not in top speed, and definitely not in head turning.

6. Re: this vs zo6 great comparison

Last time I checked 0-60 times don't win races. Although the Corvette is a great car I'd have to go with the Maranello, simply because, like Maranelloboy stated, it is more of a head turner.

7. Re: this vs zo6 great comparison

550 vs. ZO6 let me think.
    No, it’s really a bad comparison.
    An Italian Exotic will never be comparable to a common car that many people have wether it be in its ZO6 suit or under the guise of a more timid vehicle wearing the Vette bagging.
    The Ferrari has max speed, luxury, handling; stopping distance and image pretty much under its belt; while the Vette only has acceleration to 60.
    99 out of 100 people would say the 550 is the victor of this battle; and 99 of those 99 would be right.

8. Re: this vs zo6 great comparison

Well I think that YOU are stupid because he means other models of Ferrari could be compared as the Ferrari Enzo and the McLarenF1

9. Re: this vs zo6 great comparison

Don't wach only the theoritical hand side see also and the practical, Ferrari would beat this car defenately in the track...

10. Re: this vs zo6 great comparison

The Z06 does not get to 60 in 3.9

11. Re: this vs zo6 great comparison

it's something like 4.1-4.4

12. Re: this vs zo6 great comparison

z06 1/4 mile - 12.4
    550 Maranello 1/4 mile - 12.6

zo6 would take it on the strip

13. Re: this vs zo6 great comparison

Even IF the vette is faster(which I doubt)....come on comparing GM to Ferrari?
    I mean the Z06 is a great car ... best bang for your buck but this is a Ferrari

14. Re: this vs zo6 great comparison

GM has made as many classic cars as Ferrari
    probably with greater reliability too

dont start with that eurotrash superiority
    remember what happened to ferrari when they pissed off Ford?

GT40 baby

15. Re: this vs zo6 great comparison

No 3.9 sec 0-60 for the ZO6 please,you wish that has never been proven,the real z06 time is more like 4.3,4.4 sec 0-60!

16. Re: this vs zo6 great comparison

Gm has made shit not classics,I don't like anything GM ever built!
    And Ferrari are far superior to any American car,espacially a z06 please loser!

17. Re: this vs zo6 great comparison

but the ferrari has huge high end torque

18. Re: this vs zo6 great comparison

No offenSe, but that was a pretty ignorant comment, you don't compare cars only by 0-60 times.

19. Re: this vs zo6 great comparison

Here are some lap times from Thunderhill race track with Steve Millen at the wheel. From the January 2001 R&T

Ferrari 360

550 Maranello

Corvette Z06 (385 hp version, not the new 405hp car)

As you can see, the Z06 beats the 550 and is close to the 360. The new Z06 now has 20 extra hp and sheds 35 pounds of weight.

So now what?

20. Re: this vs zo6 great comparison

i believe this car can easily beat the Z06 on the race track. but on the drag strip it would be a close race since the Z06 is much lighter

21. Re: this vs zo6 great comparison

in the comparrison from motortrend they got slower acceleration times for the Zo6 than the 550 (but they have tested both to have gotten much better times and in the lowest test for each car the Zo6 beat it)
    the Zo6 had a much better stoping distance from 60-0 and 100-0 and also beat it in the 0-100-0 test and their figure 8 test
    the 550 beat the Zo6 in the mile race by a little bit though

i hate the idiot bitches that keep saying "aww come on its a ferrari so its obviously the greatest thing ever" what the #$%# is that

just because its made overseas its the most amazing thing ever?
    why doesn't ferrari win LeMans anymore? (oh i know its obviously because they have F1 racing so they don't care about LeMans)

lets ignore for a moment where the cars are made

take only the tested facts
    ignore your little bullshit bias opinions and admit the Zo6 is better in some areas and the 550 is better in others

everyone likes one car more than the other
    personally I like most people would take the ferrari but that doesn't mean i can't admit that the Zo6 might be better

22. Re: this vs zo6 great comparison

so what if you don't like anything GM has ever built
    who do you think really cares that much about your random opinions

i don't like McLarens
    you think anyone gives a shit?
    no

shut up

and by the way you are aware that the S7 is better than the 360 right? (i won't go into detail of test that prove it because this isn't what the forums about i'm just making a point)
    so how is any ferrari superior to all american cars if that ferrari gets beat by an american car?

23. Re: this vs zo6 great comparison

Very well said. It seems like in todays world the brand of the car or its price depict how well it performs. All people seem to see is a name and assume that it is the best.

24. Re: this vs zo6 great comparison

Ferrari 360

550 Maranello

Corvette Z06 (385 hp version, not the new 405hp car)

Isnt the Maranello supposed to be faster then the modena?