this vs. zo6

Discussion in '2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10' started by CC is fun, Jan 8, 2007.

1. who will win?

2. I believe this viper is faster than the current z06. the supercharged z06 stingray, bluedevil w/e it may be called will be faster though. The old viper was barely faster than the C5 and it was a 100hp spread, now there is a 100hp spread between the Z06 and this so it should be faster, but when both have the same power the vette wins, handling separates them.

3. The new Stingray will own the new Viper. The Viper will most likely weigh more than 3,000 lb, whereas the Stingray is expected to weigh about 2900 lbs, and that's just the power/ weight advantage.

4. the new Viper top speed is listed at 190mph.Why with all the new power did they limit it 190?0-60 is under 4 but no exact figures yetI'll say the Viper...for now.

5. i would go for the viper, but i personally like the vette more... the viper is better to tune though, larger engine and all that!

6. Stingrays gonna kick ass. I LOVE MARILYN MANSON!!!!

7. The old SRT-10 was faster than the current C6 Z06 but not by much.

Are you kidding me? the Old Viper was barely faster than a C5? the old RT-10 dispite being old would still spank a C5 Z06 and the GTS, ACR would have murdered it in every aspect.

This new Viper is currently in a league of its own.

8. We don't know yet if there is even gonna be a Blue Devil yet nor a Stingray supercharged. This Viper also hasn't been offically tested yet and Dodge mentioned that it will be more than capable of 200mph just out of the showroomfloor so without a doubt its a serious player.

9. you again

10. For real? OMG, so do I! Where do you live?

11. I was talkin to Pure Pwnage, all you other dick heads can suck my cock

12. if the new Viper only does 190 as listed here it's accleration better be drastically improved along with quarter mile and other specs or what the hells the point.Dodge needs to put up or shut up because the Chevrolet boys are working on one bad ass Vette.

13. #13 DrifterB2W, Jan 31, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    "The 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 Roadster and Coupe cockpit retains its characteristic red push-button starter and performance-oriented, highly functional instrument panel with center-mounted tachometer and 220-mph speedometer." Straight from the article.. ever think site may be WRONG, which it usually is.
    And viper and current zo6 have been pretty close.
    http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/download/WorldSuperpowersTrack.pdf

Some have viper over z06, others have z06 over viper. Either way it was too close for Dodge, hence the power up.

14. Thats right cowboy its me.

15. zomg me to

16. viper, easily

17. the viper will win, in a straight line and on a course. the current gen viper, even with about the same power as the z06 but more weight, in every test has beaten the z06 around any track. now with 600 hp and 575 lb-ft of torque will kill the z06. the z06 engine can't take anymore n-a applications, its too far bored and stroked. so even if the z06 gets a super charger, making 650-700 hp, the viper can come stock from the factroy with 675 hp and 650 lb-ft of torque, naturally aspirated. plus, the viper pulls 1.05 g's on the skidpad, while the z06 has yet to break the 1.00 g barrier. the viper's weight is easy to take down too. a new wheel-tire combo can knock down 50-75 lbs. basically, viper>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>z06.

18. just for everyone calling it blue devil and stingray it's just gonna be Z07 it's said to have 700 HP and a 100,000 dollar price tag the viper can be tuned easy to have that figure and it's already faster than the current gen so viper will win pus corvette's are boring

19. viper of course 0-100 kph in 3.5 seconds and a top speed of 326kph

20. the viper of course 0-100kph in 3.5 seconds and a top speed of 325 kph

21. viper of course 0-100 kph in 3.5 seconds and a top speed of 326kph

22. viper of course 0-100 kph in 3.5 seconds and a top speed of 326kph

23. viper of course 0-100 kph in 3.5 seconds and a top speed of 326kph

24. viper of course 0-100 kph in 3.5 seconds and a top speed of 326kph