Those mirrors look stupid

Discussion in '2000 Jaguar F-Type Concept' started by nicktraffic, Aug 9, 2002.

1. The mirrors on this car ruin it, and the back end looks too high up for the rest of the car. Could doo with a bit more power.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Those mirrors look stupid

If you want more power there's the XK8 or XKR. This car is supposed to fill the market for a mid-priced sports car. I also wonder where this site got their hp numbers (how can a car have ANY hp at 0 rpm); Maybe this thing is so sweet that it produces 240 hp STANDING STILL. I can't wait to see these cats on the market. <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Those mirrors look stupid

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from GimmeaJaguar</i>
    <b>If you want more power there's the XK8 or XKR. This car is supposed to fill the market for a mid-priced sports car. I also wonder where this site got their hp numbers (how can a car have ANY hp at 0 rpm); Maybe this thing is so sweet that it produces 240 hp STANDING STILL. I can't wait to see these cats on the market. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    please be patient for some 2 years and then we'll go for a drive together,ok?<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Those mirrors look stupid

Absolutely, I can't wait. I'm saving my money everyday.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Those mirrors look stupid

hmmmm........i seriously love jaguars but this one is a bit of a stuff up........hope it dont come out

6. Re: Those mirrors look stupid

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from sungjoon</i>
    <b>hmmmm........i seriously love jaguars but this one is a bit of a stuff up........hope it dont come out
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Too bad, b/c it is. What is that picture on your post. I can't make out the hood decal. I was wondering if it was a Honda or a Hyundai, b/c if they were I would wonder why the hell it would be posted in a Jaguar forum. Some people and some things just don't make since.<!-- Signature -->

7. #7 2man, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Those mirrors look stupid

and some people do forget to give argumentation in their posts.i'd offer to rename the website into www.kindergarten.supercars.net or smth else.placet!<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Those mirrors look stupid

Hey nicktraffic, you might be interested in knowing that this concept has been changed considerably. The new Jag F-type can be found on page 46 of the May 2002 issue of Car and Driver.

9. Re: Those mirrors look stupid

Now it's got NO mirrors.

10. Re: Those mirrors look stupid

on the contrary, the mirrors make it look good....one of a kind...<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Those mirrors look stupid

the mirrors on this car is unique,
    people called the long nose on the E-Type to be ugly...
    but thats what made it stand out!
    if "unusual mirrors" are a part of the package i wont mind.
    i actually think it looks awesome on the car.

12. Re: Those mirrors look stupid

i agree the mirrors kinda mess up the car, but if u are in it, they actualy are better then normaly positioned mirriors

13. Re: Those mirrors look stupid

All in all the car looks awesome, and I'd say it is a great competitor to the BMW Z4, and the Boxster.

14. Re: Those mirrors look stupid

the mirrors arre because the top of the cars is too low?

15. Re: Those mirrors look stupid

they claim aerodynamics and a unique look were the reasons.

16. Re: Those mirrors look stupid

no they dont...

17. Re: Those mirrors look stupid

these mirrors do indeed look stupid, if by stupid you mean awesome!!!! This is such a beautiful design, so, so amazing. The old E type look is amazing, this certainly is on that level. And I don't think the Z4 and boxter approach this car's looks. I can't comment on performance, but that's my opinion on the aesthetics.

18. Re: Those mirrors look stupid

They do look a little bit strange, but I am sure that I could get used to them.. I would rather have this than a boxter, and probably a Z4 too

19. Re: Those mirrors look stupid

a Z4 looks cool, but it's whimpy compared to this.
    Boxster is old. Granted it's good.
    The F-Type would have been the thing, the out of the ordinary sports car, which you either hate it or love it, just like its predesesor.

20. Re: Those mirrors look stupid

If I had the money to buy this car, and really wanted it, I wouldn't let just the position of the mirrors stop me from buying it. Heck, just rip the freakin' things off and paste them somewhere else or somethin.

21. Re:

Looks like pigtails on a little girl.

22. Re: Those mirrors look stupid

it looks different, and technically it's suppose to aid in aerodynamics.

23. Re: Those mirrors look stupid

i assume that aside from aerodynamics, the mirrors sit faily high up due to the height of the car, in the pictures, the car looks large, however, we cannot see it in comparison to something else to give a scale. This car is the true successor to the e-type, and it would be utterly awesome if it were produced. however, i believe that this car would do well to recieve three engines, for each different market for the car. A 3.5L 6 Cylinder Twin Turbo with all wheel drive for the base model, a 4.0L V8 supercharged for the next model up, and the top of the range 6.0L V12 for the highest model, which i believe should be called the F-Type. The V12 could also be bored out further to be an 8.0L and could have the potential to have twin superchargers or turbochargers added to make a mean racing machine, it can be done, just ask Mike Roddy.

24. It really looks weird

25. It really looks weird