To the ferrari fans...........

Discussion in '2002 Ferrari Enzo' started by Benetton B186 Mk5a, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Idiots. All of you[or at least some of you]. Blinded by a rabid fanatism with this most storied of marques, you seem to not accept or deny a challenger when it has beaten one of your precious Ferraris. Especially when this challanger is a 48 000 pound car with a Mondeo V6 TT engine[Hint: Noble M12 GTO]. Such as the ignorance of most Italians, but I'll save my thoughts about the general Italian populous. I am Not implying that the Noble Beat the Enzo[It clearly cannot, ever] but you guys lost your minds on the M12 GTO-3 forum. The OLDER, NON-300 hp version of the GTO beat your precious Modena, you guys responded with some stupid, idiotic responses. You never seem to accept anything, even when It has clearly beat your car.

Oh, and Anti-Domestic, You have got to be the biggest, dumbest ass on the planet. Ford,GM and Chrysler all make decent products, some Excelling your precious ferrari's. I think Ford Knows a thing or two about building engines. They Dominated F1 for 15 seasons[1967-1983]. Your some stupid ass kid who lives in suburban Atlanta. Being an American[ which you obviously are] you kick and scream to get your point across. You know JACK-SHIT about cars, or anything car related. Your some stupid 12 year old with a computer and a newfound sense of stupidity. Please die a painful, horrible death.

2. Re:
    To the ferrari fans...........

Go whine somewhere else you idiot....

3. Re: To the ferrari fans...........

i like ferraris, but ill agree with you, a lot of people dont exept it, i am a mustang, muscle car fan myself, to me i love american cars, so, when a modena gets beat by a challenger, cuda, chevelle, mustang, saleen mustang, roush mustang, viper, and the ford GT im pretty happy, yes ford does know a lot about engines, they build pretty good ones, like the 4.6 SVT motor, 425 HP at the fly.....i like the noble, it is only 53G's and can kick a lot of cars, with 0-60 in 3.5 and 1/4 in 11.8............i am just trying to see your point and i will accept it, unlike most of "us" will

4. Re: To the ferrari fans...........

I like ferrari's too, my personal favorite is the F40.

5. Re: To the ferrari fans...........

Well I like muscle cars and American cars too. Hell one of my cars is a 2000 Camaro SS, but to compare a Challenger or anything like it to a Ferrari is really a joke IMO.

By the way the SVT Cobra engine doesn't make anywhere near 425 hp, its 390 hp.

6. Re: To the ferrari fans...........

I know you like muscle cars, comparing a challenger to a ferrari really isnt a joke, the 426 can beat some, and if you do the suspension n' stuff itll kick a modena's ass....oh and if you've never seen it the SVT cobra makes about 370RWHP at a dyno, ive seen them, if you like muscle cars you would know the Cobra is underrated for insurance...so dont argue, at the fly they get 424hp how does it feel to be wrong lol....and to you other guy that said u like the f40, thats probably my favorite, i like the f50, but i dont like the v12, the F40 is a v8

7. Re: To the ferrari fans...........

If you think a Challenger with any amount of suspension work can keep up with let alone beat a 360 Modena on a track your on drugs....

8. Re: To the ferrari fans...........

see, there your doing just what Benetton or whatver was pointing out, you wont exept it. If you have wider tires, and eibach suspension system or so in a 426 challenger with some mods on the enine, i mean c'mon, if you put on like a new manafold and carb and have a car from 1970 that can compete with a $190k exotic, thats pretty good...modenas are slow for what you get, get it through your head, your camaro can beat one, an SVT cobra can keep up with one...

9. Re: To the ferrari fans...........

You have no clue about muscle cars, no matter what you do to them they don't and won't handle anything like a Ferrari, Lamborgini etc.......I have had two muscle cars, there suspension geometry and there physical layout hinders them from ever having really good handling.

10. Re: To the ferrari fans...........

how do u no that?....maybe u were to poor to afford good ones...

11. Re: To the ferrari fans...........

Why are you so stupid, you obviosly have no clue...there was a street racing video where a Challenger beat a porsche with 640RWHP, a new porsche, give it up, your ferraris will easily loser to a tuned car...you could take a camaro a mustang, tune the suspension and some on the engine and it is fine...you can make them handle very good, but just not like the lotus elise, why does it matter to you if a ferrari loses to another car thats from america, is old, or "Can never have really good handling", i really don't care if a modena, 575, or an enzo loses to anything. For what you pay, Ferrai's or any exotic supercar isn't that great, i know you're gonna say, "but who cares about the price" but if you want performance there just plain rips, i would pay for one and i would want one but for their price, they dont perform...on Car & Driver they were testing the 575m, it costs 250g's, has 515hp, and only does 0-60 in 4.3 as they tested, thats patheticI know i will get hammered for this but you need to realize something, i like ferraris and such, but there Rip offs their slow, and have you noticed mostly snobs drive them, the Enzo, its breaking is incredible, but those 15in brakes stop it from 60-0 as R&T say, in the same as the Saleen Mustang S-281E does, and that car's 60gs, not 660g's, i mean ferraris are cool but c'mon

12. Re: To the ferrari fans...........

Poor, I think not I had a '69 Camaro and a '70 Chevelle.

13. Re: To the ferrari fans...........

You have no clue about anything. Is the only thing that matters to you straight line acceleration or something? Even if you totally do up the suspension on a old muscle car it will NEVER, I repeat NEVER handle like a Ferrari, Lamborgini, Lotus whatever. If you had a clue how a chassis works you would know that they all have there limits, and a muscle cars is low. Theres a thing called chassis geometery, maybe you need to find out what that is before you start talking about how a "tuned" muscle car can handle like a Ferrari or what not. Handling and braking are weak points of ANY muscle car, PERIOD. And you don't know what owning a Ferrari, Lamborgini, etc is all about, its not just about straight line speed, its about handling, braking, quality and many other things. Even if a "tuned" muscle car as you call it can beat a 575M Maranello which is of course possible, I can GUARANTEE you that car can't do 202 mph, handle or brake like a Ferrari. And a S-281 E's braking distance is nowhere like a Enzo Ferrari's, I checked. Furthermore R&T doesn't even have it listed in their road test list in the back of the issue. And I happen to love muscle car, I have/have them, but some of the things you say are total crap.

14. Re: To the ferrari fans...........

dude, why do you care,u like ur cars we like ours u stupid retard.

15. Re: To the ferrari fans...........

I never said everything was about straight line acceleration. I know handling and braking of muscle cars are weak points, but you can make them some-what good, not a modena good but pretty good. I never said they could handle like a ferrari, i said they could get better handling. Sorry, i had the wrong car when i was browsing, the saleen SR brakes just as well as the Enzo, and i get R&T also, they never tested any saleen mustangs but they have done an indepth one on the Enzo.

16. Re: To the ferrari fans...........

Right from Road & Track.

Braking from 80 mph: Enzo Ferrari - 188 ft
    S7 - 230 ft

Braking from 60 mph: Enzo Ferrari - 109 ft
    S7 - 125 ft

Those are BIG differences.

17. Re: To the ferrari fans...........

Right from Road & Track.

S7 - 230 ft

S7 - 125 ft

18. Re: To the ferrari fans...........

Right from Road & Track.

S7 - 230 ft

S7 - 125 ft

19. Re: To the ferrari fans...........

How can you say modenas are slow for what you get........it competes with Porsche 911 Turbo, and Dodge Vipers.

You're telling me that a camaro can keep up with 911T and Viper?

Those old musclecars are much heavier, remember. Their engines make lots of power but aren't efficient. They lose lots of power through the inefficient transmissions and drivetrains. I've seen musclecars putting up 400+hp but put up 0-60mph in mid 5 sec. That's the 0-60mph time of a much less powerful Lancer Evo.

In conclusion, I think today's newer technology(Ferrari's lighter aluminum use, Porsche's all wheel drive, Lancer 4wd, for example)beats old musclecar technology.

Of course, there are many fast musclecars, but today's cars are better than ever!

20. Re: To the ferrari fans...........

Yes, but a doge viper isn't as much money, i never said a camaro could beat a viper, i said blucamss's camaro can compete with a modena, his is moded. Yes, i agree with you about the muscle cars, but what im trying to tell Blucamss is that if you put on a different drivetrain, and suspension, it could beat a modena. Yes todays cars are more advanced.

21. Re: To the ferrari fans...........

holy crap dude, i never brough up the s7, i said S-281E and the SR, the 60k S-281E brakes from 60-0 in 108ft, right from saleen.com, and the SR does 98ft 60-0, so they are better than the enzo, the S7 i know brakes like crap tho. Im not sure about the two mustangs braking from 80-0 but i know they are undr 200ft, and they have 14in saleen brakes, not 15in ceramin composite or whatever the ferraris are.

22. Re: To the ferrari fans...........

blue cam...u suck bigggggg.....bigger than ur motha's ass...come on...bring it to me...come on...or r u a little baby...huh?...come on..motha #$%#a...

23. Re: To the ferrari fans...........

I will have to say that was quite childish, you spelt BLUcam wrong

24. Re: To the ferrari fans...........

lol

25. Re: To the ferrari fans...........

Ohh, ur a little #%$got, can i call u #%$gio, u #%$got, i know a guy that has a 69 Cuda, a 426 w/ 550HP and a $%#^ed up good suspension system, and hes whooped modenas and 575m's in it, u little fruit cake definding ur ferraris, u suck ass, u mutha #$%#, go #$%# a chicken, u #$@#er, i hate u, u shit ass #%$got, FAG