Tony Stewart murders 17 year old driver.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by burner, Aug 10, 2014.

1. yeah, NASCAR drivers dirt tracks quite frequently from what i gather.

2. Its a little different given that Indy and Sprint Cup are the top shelf categories. Sprint cars are a nothing category. It would be like a WRC driver doing bangers racing. Its a pretty big step down.

3. Do you know anything about racing? It's called loving racing. This weekend he was racing at Watkins Glen... nothing better to do that night than more racing at a local event.

EDIT: Btw, you do realise that F1 drivers used to join in on lower formulae categories and shitty stock car races all the time?

4. Back in the early 80's, a driver called Gilles Villeneuve, in the F1 off season, he raced snowmobiles in winter.

Drivers always race in different categories, even in the small leagues.

5. that and Stewart owns many of the dirt racing courses in the US that hold any sort of high level racing. as a team owner its also a good way to spot talent as that type of racing is where alot of nascar drivers come from.

6. I'm so angry, I'll just run out into the race track. That'll teach him.

7. he wouldnt know talent if he hit it with a

8. lol

9. Exactly. It's a night race with what looks like poor lighting and with those speeds, you wouldn't think that a driver would get out and butch about the race in the middle of the track.

10. +1

11. Stewart's car didn't even touch the victims. Probably didn't know he was there until the last moment.

12. I don't think Tony Stewart is at all fault in any way but I still can't help but feel bad for the other driver. Sure what he did was completely irrational and idiotic however that doesn't make him an idiot. He was 20 years old, in the heat of the moment and let his temper get the best of him and paid the ultimate price for it. I'm sure many of us can remember quite a few times when we've done borderline insane things in our youth. Tragic event for all parties involved.

13. F1transmission.jpg

14. I can't go that far. I think he's responsible for his own death, but at the same time he was a 20 year old who just lost his head. It's still a sad situation.