Too less power!

Discussion in '2002 Peugeot RC Concept' started by mclaren777, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Too less power!

Acceleration isn't everything though. Besides, the RC Diamond might be faster because of its diesel engine. It makes twice the torque of the other.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Too less power!

Agreed. It needs a turbo or a slightly larger engine with a turbo.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Too less power!

178-hp should be plenty in a car that only weighs 2000 lbs. Do you really think it needs more?<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Too less power!

This car definitely needs more power, if its trying to reach supercar status, its going to need to go 0-60 faster than 5.9 seconds, a Mustang GT is faster and its no super car.

5. Re: Too less power!

Im sure it handles like a dream but your right for a supercar the power just isnt there. They chould at least put a V6 in it i mean the XJ220 had a V6 and it topped out at around 200.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Too less power!

i think that it looks great but it needs @ least a V6 with alot more power. I agree that it will not achieve super car status in the minds of many ppl if they don not make it faster. It may sound crazy to some of u, but ppl are crazy, and power is what they want, power and style.

7. Re: Too less power!

It doesent seem like Peugeot is making sweet looking cars for the rich. This car sould only be about $20,000. You cant blame them for making a "slower" car for the not so lucky people. I would buy this car and put mods on it and then I would smoke your ass.

8. Re: Too less power!

if only they made a 6 cyl engine for this car so you wouldn't have to beat the hell out of it just to get the 180 bhp as it is....

9. Re: Too less power!

well, a V6, or actually a I6 would be nice (take the BMW 333 hp I6 and stick it in this thing, that'd be sweet) and an inline would fit nicely over the axel, like the I4 does, but i guess if they tuned the engine and gave it a bit more displacement, u could get 200 Hp out of it easily, then just stick a turbo on it, and it would have a lot more power, with maybe 100 lbs more, not even, i guess
    <!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Too less power!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from PenneyWise</i>
    <b>It doesent seem like Peugeot is making sweet looking cars for the rich. This car sould only be about $20,000. You cant blame them for making a "slower" car for the not so lucky people. I would buy this car and put mods on it and then I would smoke your ass.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

HaHa!!! Really? well, if thats what u want to try then go ahead. and let me know when u do all that shit to it. ill agree with u that it would be nice to have a good car for those of us who are not excesivly rich, but really, as i said u would have to put @least 15grand into it to make it fast enough to beat what some of the americans put into thier factory models. i would like to know what, or if u actually plan on dong to this thing. remember keep it cheep and add plenty of power (if you still think that u can actually do it). well, hope u can accomplish this, if not oh well itz a nice dream.