Too much truck unless you work at a construction site.

Discussion in '1963 Shelby Competition Cobra 289 Le Mans Hardtop' started by F U C K, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Too much if you ask me. What the hell would you use it for?

2. Re: Too much truck unless you work at a construction site.

Long hauls with a trailer.

3. Re: Too much truck unless you work at a construction site.

No long haul will require THAT much truck............unless you're towing a semi trailer.

4. Re: Too much truck unless you work at a construction site.

The engine in here is not big enough to pull anymore than than what the 2003 F-350 is capable of. They have the same engine size but the production engine mounted to the TorqShift transmission will put out 40 ft lb of torque and 25 hp less than expected in this concept. It may look huge, but it really isn't as big as you may imagine. It is a visual effect.

So if you had a stock 2003 F-350 w/duals and a 6.0L with a Torqshift transmission, what would you use it for? That is the answer for what this is truck is for.

5. #5 ICEBLEU, Dec 17, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Too much truck unless you work at a construction site.

My company owns a f350 and i had to cross the rockyies with a cattle trailer and i wish i would have this truck it would have helped
    www.icebleu.tk

6. Re: Too much truck unless you work at a construction site.

the crew cab wouldnt be the only version it would also come in extended cab and regular cab plus you could order it with single rear wheels but it is still a concept so who care until it is hear because it could still change a lot

7. Re: Too much truck unless you work at a construction site.

Yeah, very true that concepts are never identical to what is mass produced.

8. Re: Too much truck unless you work at a construction site.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from VMIFerrari
    Too much if you ask me. What the hell would you use it for?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What the hell?
    It's like people buying MclarenF1s. They don't need it either. They only need them to show off their wealth. Nothing more. Which McLarenF1 owner would actually go fast in their cars? They probably don't even take those million supercars out of the garages in a month.

Here's the point. U don't have to need that car to own it. As long as u like it.

9. Re: Too much truck unless you work at a construction site.

This truck is more of a tool than a vehicle. Lost of the technology in today's Ford Superduty trucks came from here first. Some of it is in the current Superdutys, and some will be going into the 2005 Superdutys.

10. Re: Too much truck unless you work at a construction site.

ALL I THINK IS THIS CAR IS A SHOW OFF, A DODGE RAM DOESN'T LOOK AS HUGE NOR DOES IT LOOK AS POWERFUL YET I'LL KIK THIS TRUCKS ASS IN TERMS OFF PERFORMANCE AND TOWING ABILITY

11. Do you know anything about trucks? Motor Trend tested a ford f-350, chevy 3500, and dodge 3500. the ford had the least torque yet it still wasted the other trucks in towing capabilities and is also one of the most luxurious trucks on the market, (magazine editors say stepping into the cab of an f-150 is like stepping into a mercedes or bmw. motor trend also said that the cummins in the dodge is very noisy and ruff around the edges. the tonka has more torque than the others, and yet you think it will lose to the dodge? get your facts straight and think again.