Took my friend's M3 for a spin last night

Discussion in '2002 BMW M3 CSL Concept' started by HotBoxer, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Man oh man that thing is much faster than my 87 civic, I only drove it down the street as fast as I could and then he drove it to show whats up since I havn't driven a car that fast in over a year. It was totally stock other than the Eibach springs and bilstien shocks. The car has a little "sport" button that re-maps the engine managment system, he was coasting along in gear foot off the throttle and hit the button which made the car jump forward just from the button pushing and then the car would back off when he pushed it again. It basically makes the power instantanious. the brakes on that thing are #$%#in awesome too. It stuck the road like stank on pigs ass, the engine sounds was the most superb I've heard on a car with stock exhaust. Ive ridden in it before but I was drunk so I didn't get to appriciate it to the fullest, because lets face it everything is more fun drunk than it is sober and this car did not let me down. I just wish I could get my hands on one for myself.

2. Re: Took my friend's M3 for a spin last night

they do drive awesome, and the sound of a BMW is cool though

3. Re: Took my friend's M3 for a spin last night

To Hotboxer: Was the M3 jou drove a manual or the SMG II?? I prefer the manual by a country mile. Gotta love the M3 exhaust note!

4. Re: Took my friend's M3 for a spin last night

it was a 6 speed not the SMG. Although I have driven the 6 speed now I want to try out the SMG.