Top speed is wrong.

Discussion in '1994 McLaren F1' started by McLarenGod, May 16, 2006.

1. where does it say that the speeds were slightly when the record was broken, it reached 391 kmh (in the world book of records it says it could reach 400) if it is true it doesnt matter because the CCR is not the fastest the Vector Avtech WX3 is

2. Hum... I actually have a McLaren F1, and i tested it's top speed and it went to 249 Miles Per Hour

3. Hum... I actually have a McLaren F1, and i tested it's top speed and it went to 249 Miles Per Hour

4. thats the dumbest thing ive heard then the CCR's speed would be sightly off too

5. With the gearing as it is the road car does reach about 240.1 m/p/h but Andy Wallace, the driver who set the record, says the F1 could easly pull a seventh gear and give it a much higher top speed.

6. The official top speed of the McLaren F1 is 386 km/h. The Record you are talking about was made by Andy Wallace in the XP5 prototype back in 1993 and can therefore not be claimed as the true topspeed, since it was not a production car.

In theory, the F1 is capable of 400 km/h, but neither Gordon Murray or McLaren desired to break any records with it, since the purpose of the car was to create the ultimate driver�s car (as stated above), and none of the private owners has made any claims of going above 370 km/h.

7. The Vector Avtech WX3 is a concept car, and the Bugatti Veyron is still faster, it does 405, and it is now a production car, making it the fastest car in the world.

8. lol

9. lol

10. the 249 mph in a McLaren F1 was a rumor...

11. Hum...I actually have a McLaren F1. I tested its top speed and it went up to 249 mph.

12. #12 Dragonspirit, Mar 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Here's according to wikipedia.com, "The title of 'world's fastest production road car' is constantly in contention, especially because the term 'production car' is not well-defined."

"The McLaren F1 has a top speed of 231 mph (372 km/h),[29] restricted by the rev limiter at 7500 rpm. The true top speed of the McLaren F1 was reached in April 1998 by the five-year-old XP5 prototype. Andy Wallace (racer) piloted it down the 9 km straight at Volkswagen’s Ehra test track in Wolfsburg, Germany, setting a new world record of 240.1 mph (386.4 km/h) at 7800 rpm.[6] As Mario Andretti noted in a comparison test, the F1 is fully capable of pulling a seventh gear, thus with a higher gear ratio or a seventh gear the McLaren F1 would probably be able to reach an even greater top speed—something which can also be observed by noticing that the top speed was reached at 7800 rpm while the peak power is reached at 7400 RPM."

Here's the Top Speed stats from wikipedia.com:

* With rev limiter on: 231 mph (372 km/h)
    * With rev limiter removed: 240 mph (390 km/h)

Here's just reassure my findings...hope you...um...oh, yeah...enjoy, "In terms of sheer top speed, the F1 remains as of 2008 one of the fastest production cars ever made; as of July 2008 it is only succeeded by the Koenigsegg CCR,[23] the Bugatti Veyron[24] and the SSC Ultimate Aero TT.[25] However, all of the superior top speed machines exploit forced induction to reach their respective top speeds – making the McLaren F1 the fastest naturally aspirated production car in the world."

Here's the link for your...um...oh...yeah, viewing pleasure, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McLaren_F1#Acceleration .

P.L. & C.G.
    Ian Cool

13. #13 CaspertheHero, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Even I have read online the top speed of McLaren is 249 mph, and I don't believe it's a rumor. The company demands that McLaren can give you good speed on road. I do believe the Magazine EVO did the test drive to prove the speed limit.

Thanks
    http://www.newagelessmale.com