Top Speed

Discussion in '1966 Aston Martin DBSC Coupé' started by CarlssonMB, Aug 10, 2002.

1. DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THE TOP SPEED IS????

2. Re: Top Speed

i dunno if its ever actually been tested. I mean,with the right gearing and a low down force setting and on a big enough track, I would bet that it would be close to 275 mph or even more. Just a guess though<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Top Speed

200 odd MPH<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Top Speed

The highest speed a F1 car has ever reached is 254.6mph, that was done by the Ferrari team on a test track in Italy. If these cars were allowed to go flat out for several miles they would easily break 290 or even 300 mph, but in a race those speeds are impossible, that is why the top speed of it is unknown.

Oh the highest speeed ever reached in a race is 236.9mph by Mika Hakinnen.

5. Re: Top Speed

Mika rules!<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Top Speed

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from McLaren_Man</i>
    <b>Mika rules!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    JPM rules!

7. Re: Top Speed

WOW!!!!!, that is #$%#ing blasting!!! mika is #$%#ing amazing but i think that Schumacher is a little better!!!! lol, what do u guys think about JPM, montoya or Massa?????

8. Re: Top Speed

I think they would only go 250, the aero on these things creates huge downforce, but also lots of drag. Those wheels sticking out there dont help the drag at all.

9. Re: Top Speed

Well, the Engine developing 820bhp at 18200rpm.
    0-60 mph is less than 2 seconds (But BMW F1 car do it in 1.8 seconds)
    0-100 mph is about 3.2 seconds

Top Speed is about 245mph (You guy should know the car downforce is too much)

10. Re: Top Speed

It all depends on how the team sets up the car. Ever race they they change the car (amount of accl., top speed, handling, etc.) So I dont think there is an answer. <!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Top Speed

are you guys retarded or what?? this car is meant for good handling while being over 200mph.. its not made to go 300mph, its body is designed just for downforce which means better turns not high speed. so repeat this formula car = good handling formula car = good handling formula car = good handling, good job children.

12. Re: Top Speed

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Crash</i>
    <b>which car=faster, the BMW or the McLaren?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The BMW F1 Car is reported to make the most power and be the fastest in a straight line,<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Top Speed

I dont know if any of u guys know this but F1 cars cant handle for shit under 60mph. They are designed to handle better the faster they go.

14. Re: Top Speed

maybe 320-380kph 320 with highest downforce and 380 with lowest...

15. The top speed depends on the setting .
    For example in Monaco the top speed isnt bigger then 310 while in Monza it can go over 370 .
    It depends on the wing setting , as you can see in Monza the back wing is small while in Monaco is alot bigger then the gear ratios and so on...