Torque problem? I don't see a torque problem

Discussion in '1993 Mazda RX-7 JM1FD' started by Ladies Man, Aug 10, 2002.

1. The more I find out about rotary engines, the better they sound. Some people have come up in this forum and said rotaries are good for horsepower but not torque. I see 200 lb/ft of torque. Out of a 1.3L engine. I'd like to see any naturally aspirated (non-turbo/supercharged) engine that has a displacement of less than 3.0L get 200 lb/ft of torque. BWM was originally an airplane company, so they should go back to their roots in the rotary engine, and maybe put it in the next 3 series or something. A friend of mine at school just got a '95 RX-7 a month ago, and by just putting in an intake and exhaust system (not headers) he is beating another friend of mine who had his turbocharged talon dynoed at 427rwhp and 384 lb/ft of torque.

Rotary. Now thats an engine.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Torque problem? I don't see a torque problem

Ask for the times of some of my pals from WWW.rx7club.COM.You'll be amazed.Just join the forum.We have over 12,000 members<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Torque problem? I don't see a torque problem

Yes there is a problem, the peak torque is at 5000RPM, that is not good, for street driving it is good to have low RPM torque, so it is there when you first punch it.

4. Re: Torque problem? I don't see a torque problem

Yea but when your car weighs this little torque does not mean as much.<!-- Signature -->