Toyota GT 86 Revealed

Discussion in 'Asian Forums' started by V8stangman, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Looks like the Mazda MX5/Miata got some competition.

2. That convertible looks great. Shame the weather isn't nicer where I live to justify a convertible.

3. Poor excuse. I live in Britain and have a convertible for gods sake!

4. If a convertible was in the pipeline the whole time (which is likely), then they would have engineered that into the car from close to the start. it may not have been released as a convertible first but I doubt it's an after-thought for Toyota to release one.

5. Almost looks as bad as Nissan convertibles... I need to see more pics.

6. Almost looks as bad as Nissan convertibles... I need to see more pics.

7. Such a muppet

8. I think I will own

9. You cannot own people.
    Especially black people.

10. #187 V8stangman, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Subaru BRZ And Toyota GT 86 Production Gets Underway [W/Video]

Finally. It's the moment we've all been waiting for ever since Toyota and Subaru jointly announced their compact rear-wheel-drive sports car: production is now underway.

With an official ceremony at Subaru's Gunma Main Plant, attended by Toyota president Akio Toyoda, Subaru pushed the Big Red Button (quite literally, in case you were wondering) that sent BRZ and Toyota GT 86 coupes down the assembly line. And the event was captured in both still images and video for our viewing pleasure.

http://ca.autoblog.com/2012/03/16/subaru-brz-and-toyota-gt-86-production-gets-underway-w-video/

11. Got to see the BRZ and the FRS at the car show last weekend. They were both on raised(ish) plastforms so they were hard to get a real feel for. They are so close to identical it's amazing. I reaaaaaally wanted to sit in one, but you couldn't. Both of the seats (BRZ and FRS) were fully extended back, which left not even a cm of rear passenger space. I want to know how much room passengers would really have, when a gigantic person is not driving it.

They said the FRS is coming in at under 30k Canadian, and the BRZ around 32.

12. oh lol i just realized they were the same car

13. #$%#in lol

owned

14. gonna cost $24.5k usd but i think i saw that on jalopnik so it could be made up

15. #193 xDRAN0x, Mar 25, 2012
  16. #195 Pierog, Apr 3, 2012
  17. especially when u get the high reving automatic

19. I agree.

20. +1

21. #200 T6Turbo, Apr 11, 2012