Tuning up a McLaren F1

Discussion in 'European Cars' started by psybot, Sep 4, 2004.

1. Can anyone please tell me how to tune up an F1 or tell me where to get the information from? Any help is apprecated thank you.

2. wat do u mean by "tune up"?

3. what parts would i need to make the engine really pur?

4. uhhh I dont think there is much of a market for McLaren F1 tuners. It purrs enough already.

5. thanks anyways guys

6. lol.. well... umm... heheheheh...

i suppose it possible to donate it to McLaren or BMW engineers and pay them ludacris amounts of money to do an LM conversion... possible... then again, the engineers who built it claim the motor is capable of 1000 horsepower and 10,000RPM... but no, no chance thats gonna happen...

btw, welcome to SC.Net, prepare to be flamed upon.

7. what its capable of and making the engine last go hand in hand

and why would u wanna tune up arguablly the best performance engine ever made?

8. street racing (mabye..

9. definately be prepared to be flamed.......

10. You tunne a Mclaren oh say with TWIN TURBO can you say lingefeliter/ Veyron KILLER!

11. Holy shit.

12. Yes.

A modified McLaren F1 would be more suited to road racing. I wouldn't risk my tricked out multi million dollar machine racing some dumbasses in cheap-ass Porsche 911s or anything.

I hear Pep Boys has K&N filters and extractors for the F1. I'm pretty sure they've got a bolt on turbo kit too, if you're willing to fork out the cash. It isn't in their catalogues though, you'll have to ring them and ask for the manager.

13. yeah man i always see mclarens down at the street drags. yeah and the guy that keeps losing in mis mac f1 to the fully s1c civics was asking where he could get some parts to make his car competetive. i told his to get a fully sic rear wing, some neons, and some phat subwoofers - next week he did much better.

14. Don't forget helium filled tyres to reduce weight.

15. hahahah hadn't heard about that. i just figured i was getting beaten cause they had more decals than me.

16. Veyron never came to life in the first place.

17. The only tuning options for that car are the different exhaust sound set ups.

18. Tuning that engine even more would take away from the other performance aspects. There would be so much power that all you would have is understeer when turning. And if you think your gunna hustle street racing civics with a Mclaren, then your sadly mistaken. The only place you should take that car is a track, where it belongs.

19. i wonder myself how reliable the motor would be if those stats were achieved..

as for why, heheheheh..... ask psybot..

certainly not as much flaming as i thought as of yet.

20. street racing? who cant you beat with a mclaren F1? this beats 99.9999999999999 percent of the cars on the road. Hell the Enzo and CGT are slower than this. you will have to be racing F1 cars if u want a race

21. this is why we need the indies back NOW

22. Lots of stickers.

23. How does adding power affect the turning characteristics of a car? By the way, did you know, that most accelerator pedals are not on/off models? You don't have to push it all the way down at once. There is no such thing as an overpowered car. Less powerful cars just usually are easier to drive :D

24. 8 BOTTLES OF NAWZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!