Turbo lag could be a problem

Discussion in '2002 Bugatti 16/4 Veyron Preproduction' started by fordracing, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Turbo lag could be a problem

woa, calm down, its ok

2. all those turbos, turbo lag coul be a problem

3. Re: Turbo lag could be a problem

Are you nuts? Thats why there are four turbos instead of one big one. If you have four of them they spin up at a lower RPM. So there is virtually no lag. And in cars today lag is eliminated

4. lag eliminated?

i dont know about entirely eliminating turbo lag - seems awfully hopefull, but yes 4 turbos probably do reduce lag if they are sequential

5. Re: Turbo lag could be a problem

Depends how they size the A/R ratios. Shouldn't be too hard to get them to spool up sequentially. And with 1000hp, you really think anybody will notice?

6. Re: Turbo lag could be a problem

When ypu get that much power out of Turbo It outs a lot of stress on the engin and it will brake down a lot that is why it would be nice if it had a switch fo valid use and then you could flip the tubos on when u wana race. It is like that in the Lamborghini VTTT cuz it is the best.

7. Re: Turbo lag could be a problem

Rusty, what on earth are you talking about?

As for the turbo lag issue, well, there is no issue. 4 turbos, relatively small ones at that, spooling almost simultaneously, lag would be virtually non existant.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Turbo lag could be a problem

Is it even possible to turn a turbo on and off? If you did [turn the turbos off] wouldn't you notice a significant power decrease?

9. Re: Turbo lag could be a problem

Turbo lag is definetly not a problem with this car as you can see from its totally flat torque curve...1250 nm / 922.0 ft lbs @ 2200-5500 rpm. 2200 rpms is very low, and if it holds 922 ft lbs from there all the way to 5500, I would guarantee that there is no problem. This has to be the most gratifying car to drive. At any point you could stomp on the gas and get peak torque!! That means you do not have to wait any time before the smile is on your face. Awesome car

10. Re: Turbo lag could be a problem

the turbo now are way better than before and even if it was only 1 big one with that torrque there would be very little turbo lag. but what ever happened to the old W18 engein in the old Bugatti 18/4 veyron consept. now that was an engein.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Turbo lag could be a problem

on the buggati EB110 there is no lag- or very little. however technology has improved so it probably has no lag. The sound should be quite amazing aswell.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: Turbo lag could be a problem

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from maserati</i>
    <b>all those turbos, turbo lag coul be a problem</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I don't think it will be an issue<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Turbo lag could be a problem

I doubt there is turbo lag- but even if there was, a normally aspirated W16 is going to pump out a bunch of hps on its own, so without the turbo i'd bet this car is fast as hell. Anyone know what the psi boost is?

14. Re: Turbo lag could be a problem

It is probable that turbo lag has been defeated, however if you turned off the turbos running at 252.3MPH The speed would decrease to 180-200 MPH<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Turbo lag could be a problem

turbo lag ..even if there was alot of it...think about it, this car probably would still have around 800 hp even without the turbos, and like someone previously said, the torque is peaking at 2200 to 5500 so really turbo lag or not...it dont matter

16. Re: Turbo lag could be a problem

no it wouldn't the turbos produce more than 200BHP<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: Turbo lag could be a problem

Nah turbo lag wont be a problem. The turbos are rigged up the same way that they were in the EB110, as u hit a preset rev range another turbo comes in. So as u accelerate the harder u rev it the more turbos will kick the power up. If your just crusing around and short shifting there is no need to have 1000hp under your boot, but if u want to go then it will let u.

18. Re: Turbo lag could be a problem

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SpeedDemon</i>
    <b>HEY A FERRARI CAN KICK ANY OTHER CARS EXAUST PIPE.

SO DONT EVEN COMPARE ANYFIN TO A FERRARI SPECIALLY A 550 TWIN TURBO,CAUZ PEOPLE WILL JUST LAUGH AT U.

SO WAT DO U THINK ALL OF YA FERRARI LOVERS OUT THERE???????

I AM SURE U KNOW DAT I AM RITE!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO A BIG THUMBS UP TO ALL OF YA FERRARI LOVERS OUT THERE.

AND HEY DONT LET ANYONE TELL U DAT THEIR R OTHER CARS BETTER THAN A FERRARI!!!!!!CAUZ THERE ARENT ANY.

CAUZ FERRARI HAD THE PAST,HAS THE PRESENT,AND WILL HAVE THE FUTURE TO PROVE IT.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> Your a #$%#in idiot, it's people like you who should get a kick to the ass. All you #$%#in ferrari lovers jus like em cause they are expensive, you dont know shit about real cars, and cause they are that most dumbasses like you want. So go #$%# your ferrari up the exaust pipe and and dont talk what you dont know.

19. Re: Turbo lag could be a problem

OHHHHHHHHHH maybe lag with another... but not with this son of a beast... 1000 bhp?? why the hell would it matter?!?!

20. Re: Turbo lag could be a problem

No one cares 1000bhp. It's just some stupid figures.

21. Re: Turbo lag could be a problem

Turbo-lag isn't a problem any more, not in these days. The technology around with variable valve timing (sonmething like that, I know how to say it in portuguese) has almost enden with turbo-lag.

The Porsche 911 turbo and has almost no turbo lag at all, and drive as if it had a NA large displacement engine. AT least that's ehat said in magazines.