Turbo or GT2 (handling)

Discussion in '2002 Porsche 911 GT2' started by mach7, Aug 10, 2002.

1. does the gt2 have better handling and wet traction grip than the turbo?<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Turbo or GT2 (handling)

I think the GT2 has better handling.

3. Re: Turbo or GT2 (handling)

AWD has better traction that RWD. But then again the GT2 awesome and so is the Turbo. TIE!<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Turbo or GT2 (handling)

the GT2 has better handling.

5. Re: Turbo or GT2 (handling)

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MastrVipr</i>
    <b>the GT2 has better handling.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->And you know this because?<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Turbo or GT2 (handling)

I think MWB pretty much said it all in that one post.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Turbo or GT2 (handling)

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CarreraGtRacer</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MastrVipr</i>
    <b>the GT2 has better handling.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->And you know this because?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->the GT2 pulled more G's in the skidpad.

8. Re: Turbo or GT2 (handling)

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Stuttgart</i>
    <b>I think MWB pretty much said it all in that one post.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->yeah.

9. Re: Turbo or GT2 (handling)

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MWB</i>
    <b>I recently had the good fortune to put an Audi TT through its paces in wet conditions. Based on my experience I feel I can say with confidence that an all-wheel drive car will always have better wet weather handling than a two-wheel drive car. The difference is incredibly apparent. Although you can still push the car into a slide, you have complete directional control while doing so. As a result the 911 Turbo would no doubt out perform the GT2 in less than ideal driving conditions. The same cannot be said for dry weather. Although in theory the 911 Turbo should have better dry traction than the GT2, Porsche have achieved nothing short of magic with the GT2's handling. Its 1.02 g's in the skidpad test and 68.7 mph through the slalom (records for production cars tested by Road and Track magazine) are both marginally better than the Turbo's 0.96 g's and 67.8 mph. Furthermore, the GT2 holds the fastest lap time ever recorded for a street legal car at Germany's Nurburgring, site of the European Grand Prix. Certainly the GT2's superior acceleration factored into this accomplishment, but second-to-none handling is also a prerequisite for a car to pull of a feat of this magnitude. In short, if you find yourself in the middle of the Amazon during the rainy season, and you have access to both cars, you would be wise to sit your dank ass down in the Turbo, but if you live in the desert, the more expensive GT2 would be a shrewd investment. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Actually,
    Porsche learns from every car it makes. The 911 Turbo is a great car but the GT2 is a car that has the best of all Porsches older cars.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Turbo or GT2 (handling)

I don't care, the GT2 is awesome!!!!

11. Re: Turbo or GT2 (handling)

This question is so stupid that it does not deserves to be answered...

12. Re: Turbo or GT2 (handling)

Cuircuit of Vairano, handling track (Italy, Quattroruote's cuircuit)
    GT2 1'18"99
    Turbo 1'20"80
    Steering pad r. 55m
    GT2 1.14g
    Turbo 1.09g
    weather and track condition was not the same, ovviously, but there's too difference: GT2 is better

Mafalda

13. Re: Turbo or GT2 (handling)

Do you know anything about cars????
    Ofcourse the turbo will have better handling on the wet!!
    Porsche made the GT2 as a real drivers car, meaning you have to do everything yourself. There are no electronic devices on board the GT2 while the turbo does. I'm not saying the turbo is not a driverscar but you are helped al little bit when your to close to the edge.

14. Re: Turbo or GT2 (handling)

The GT2 handling would be better because it is a car ment for the track.

15. Re: Turbo or GT2 (handling)

did i mention the GT2 is an awesome car?

16. Re: Turbo or GT2 (handling)

Turbo has better Cornering behaviour on the street,and It's much easier to live with,on the track,it will be Gt2,but I think it's way too heavy to be a pure track-oriented car,weighting 1440kg (empty).

17. Re: Turbo or GT2 (handling)

how does the turbo have better cornering?
    to my knowledge i remember that the GT2 has AWD while the Turbo has RWD. this would definately make waste of the turbo in everything. the Ruf R Turbo is a upgraded version of this just in case anyone wants to know.

18. Re: Turbo or GT2 (handling)

Wrong. Other way around. The Turbo utilizes AWD while the GT2 uses RWD. The Turbo is probably a better car than the GT2 in harsher weather conditions while the GT2 has the clear advantage in dry conditions. Nowadays Porsche even offers an option in which they will factory tune your 911 Turbo to 445bhp.

19. Re: Turbo or GT2 (handling)

Attention please,
    AWD (Turbo is not a real AWD like a 959, but it's viscous traction...) doesn't mean better handling or better lateral G, but better traction!
    Turbo is a great supercar, fast and comfortable, and it's simplier than GT2, expecially on wet, but on track GT2 is better.

Mafalda

20. Re: Turbo or GT2 (handling)

Get your facts right or stay posting in the Viper section...

21. Re: Turbo or GT2 (handling)

what is wrong with my facts?

22. Re: Turbo or GT2 (handling)

sorry, my mistake, hmm... i wonder why i thought it was the other way around. but i still like the GT2 better. but since turbo has AWD it will be better in cornering.

23. Re: Turbo or GT2 (handling)

actually, RWD has more responsive handling than an AWD car, but AWD cars have much better stability

24. Re: Turbo or GT2 (handling)

AWD (3 diff., liKe 959 and EB110) have great traction and are simplier to drive, expecially on wet, but are heavy and understeering.
    RWD are better on track, but are not easy to drive.
    VT is a good compromise.

Mafalda

P.S.
    If you want 1000 hp, like Veyron and Koenig Competition Evo, your Supercar DON'T MUST BE rwd

25. Re: Turbo or GT2 (handling)

I see. Thanks for the knowledge.