Tyres. Very Interesting!

Discussion in '2002 Bugatti 16/4 Veyron Preproduction' started by SupraMan, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Re: Tyres. Very Interesting!

oh well thats another story.

2. Re: Tyres. Very Interesting!

True but you can just change the tires before you go to the track.

3. Re: Tyres. Very Interesting!

exactly

4. Re: Tyres. Very Interesting!

And smoke it up!!!!!!!!!!

5. Re: Tyres. Very Interesting!

lol, i reckon

6. Re: Tyres. Very Interesting!

Not just smoke it up,but all hell would break loose with a thousand horsepower on tap.

7. Re: Tyres. Very Interesting!

i reckon, lucky the tyres are such good quality

8. Re: Tyres. Very Interesting!

yes, 1000hp is a shite load of power.

9. Re: Tyres. Very Interesting!

Horsepower isn't always what does the trick. For instance a large John Deere tractor only has like 100 hp, yet it could pull far more then the veyron. That is obviously because of the gears. 1000hp is alot for a car, but although this has nothing to do with anything, ferries and cruise ships engines have from like 10 000hp to over 100 000hp. Now that is alot of power! Although that is usually a combined hp from alot of huge engines. Ya, well I have said enough lol.

10. Re: Tyres. Very Interesting!

i wonder how much hp the titanic had

11. Re: Tyres. Very Interesting!

Hmmmmmm, Toorque? That tractor has alot of toorque, therefore it is slow, and under powered, yet it has a shit load of toorque, therefore its towing capabilities are better than that of the Bugatti, but its still slower. That is also to do with the gears settings. This was just a basic example.
    BTW i was just making a statement.

12. Re: Tyres. Very Interesting!

He was joking, and i really do hope you were too.

13. Re: Tyres. Very Interesting!

Runflats are available on a lot of GM cars. However, the slogan is, I beleieve, 50 mph for 50 mile, thats a bit different, so these are obviously better, and these are 20 inchers.

14. Re: Tyres. Very Interesting!

lol. I hope so too. Esspecially the old ladies part.

15. Re: Tyres. Very Interesting!

Here are the engine stats for the Titanic 3 - Two reciprocating 4-cylinder, triple expansion, direct action, inverted engines and one Parsons (low pressure) turbine
    Horsepower Reciprocating - 30,000 hp at 75 rpm
    Parsons turbine - 16,000 hp at 165 rpm

16. Re: Tyres. Very Interesting!

OMG some1 actually knew. shot so it's 46,000hp

17. Re: Tyres. Very Interesting!

Your right these tires are amazing, but not because their run flat. There amazing because they can do 250mph with 1000lbs of weight on each tire. Thats amazing...

18. Re: Tyres. Very Interesting!

I dont think they can, i think theyre gonna speed limit this car and if you take the limiter off, you will need better tires that can handle greater speeds that the run-flats.

19. Re: Tyres. Very Interesting!

i reckon they would last a wee while with out wearing. if u suck a jet engine out the back, YES i think the tyres wouldn't make it for a couple of seconds.

20. Re: Tyres. Very Interesting!

very tru, very tru

21. Re: Tyres. Very Interesting!

It's not 80kmph. The tires will last 80 kilometers driving distance when flat. Obviousley you weould have less control though.

22. Re: Tyres. Very Interesting!

No they are not, at 400kph you need special high-speed tires, thats why this cars top speed is being limited, so it can have run flats. But, you can ask for the non-limited version of this car, which has the top speed, and the high-speed tires, but then in that case, your screwed if you get a flat tire. That is the whole purpose of the run-flats! To diminish the need of a spare-tire, therefore, reducing weight, and increasing handling at low speeds!

23. Re: Tyres. Very Interesting!

No they are not, at 400kph you need special high-speed tires, thats why this cars top speed is being limited, so it can have run flats. But, you can ask for the non-limited version of this car, which has the top speed, and the high-speed tires, but then in that case, your screwed if you get a flat tire. That is the whole purpose of the run-flats! To diminish the need of a spare-tire, therefore, reducing weight, and increasing handling at low speeds!

24. #49 RalphCM, Jul 25, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Tyres. Very Interesting!

Na www..

25. Re: Tyres. Very Interesting!

Yeah. Ordinary tires at 400 kph would blow hell.