ugliest ferrari ever (and damn slow to)

Discussion in '1983 Ferrari Mondial Cabriolet' started by mgbgt73, Aug 10, 2002.

1. ugliest ferrari ever?<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: ugliest ferrari ever (and damn slow to)

u said it right what a piece of shit

3. Re: ugliest ferrari ever (and damn slow to)

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mgbgt73</i>
    <b>ugliest ferrari ever?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Ummmm.... YES!!! it a piece of shit!!<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: ugliest ferrari ever (and damn slow to)

I don't like this one either.

5. Re: ugliest ferrari ever (and damn slow to)

It is one of the worst, but not by Ferrari's choice, mind you. FIAT made Ferrari make a cheaper, more economical, 4-seater "family exotic in order to boost Fiat's image. It didn't work. The WORST FERRARI EVER IS THE 308GT/4; it's not even on the website!

6. Re: ugliest ferrari ever (and damn slow to)

I like the 308 GT/4.

7. Re: ugliest ferrari ever (and damn slow to)

Oh? Well, I'm sorry that you're all alone on that issue, buddy. The 308 GT/4 was the ONLY Ferrari ever produced that would sit in the show rooms for a while after they arrived.......it was styled by Bertone, let me remind you, whose only claim to fame came from the Lamborghini Miura.

8. Re: ugliest ferrari ever (and damn slow to)

Regardless of the family car image, and the odd tire size, I like the styling of the Mondial. It's not my first choice, but I wouldn't say anything is "wrong" with it.

9. Re: ugliest ferrari ever (and damn slow to)

well, I disagree. Anyone that says that this is the ugliest ferrari ever is not familiar with the shame of the ferrari family, the 400i automatic. the 308 gt/4, for all of its visual disappointments, set a trend which resulted in the iconic 308 GTB and GTS. Beverly Hills Cop! The 400i just became a joke. the mondial was slow by comparison to many ferraris, but one must remember that at the time that this was released, ferrari was building the worst and slowest 308 that they would ever build. Without a fiberglass body as seen on the first 308s, and losing horsepower by switching to a more restrictive fuel injection system (the 'i' connotation in the title indicates this), but not yet adopting the quattrovalvole system that would come later, the 308s were about the same in terms of acceleration as this vintage of Mondial.

10. Re: ugliest ferrari ever (and damn slow to)

VMIFerrari, man, you're hostile. I like the 308 gt/4 also, but you say that "Bertone's only claim to fame is the Lamborghini Miura." That's one hell of a claim, because it may still be one of the most beautiful cars ever built. And it's not their only claim to fame, "buddy," because they helped design the DB9 Aston and the old school DB2/4, and the DB4 GT, which won first prize at the Concorso d'Eleganza Villa Este. Get your facts straight before attacking, bro.