1. Re: ugly

i don't care what you asses think this is one of the best looking vettes ever. the new ones look just like any old korean sportscar, this car had character. the extra power and stonking performance is just another benefit. by the way the mustangs look pug ugly other than the shelbys

2. Re: ugly

Wow, we're really seeing the sparks fly betweent the Chevy, Ford and BMW camps today! I just want to say for its time and for the money, this was one kiss-ass Vette. AND I love it's lines, though it probably has limited driver visibility with that hood. I'd love to hear that engine too!!!<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: ugly

if you think its ugly THEN YOUR ASS IS UGLY

4. ugly???

what do ya all think?? Vette is a supercar!! they beat all cars especially Ford because thats crap!!

5. Re: ugly

Jeez this can kick any Porsches butt.Man oh man.This can go 170 MPH.The 2001 Porsche Boxter can't even go that fast.I have to admit it,I like it more than the 1974 Porsche 966 Twin-Turbo GT.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: ugly

This thing is a gorgeous work of art. <!-- Signature -->

7. Re: ugly

if you can tell me a factory Ford (not shelby or saleen or any of that crap) with more power than the L88 than all you Ford dumb asses can talk, ottherwise shut up.

8. Re: ugly

This is definetly one of the best vettes they have ever made, and probably the best to come.......

9. Re: ugly

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from fordracing</i>
    <b>the ugliest corvette ever made, i dont care how fast it is it still looks like a batmobile.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> I think there is something in your eye...

10. Re: ugly

All of you are thinking in straight lines. What the hell happens when this damn thing tries to take a corner. I'll admit that the enginge is rather sick, but in all seriousness, this thing was meant for peeling out and driving in a straight line for a quarter mile or two. I think I would probably laugh if I saw it try to take a corner. Corvette's are nice cars, don't get me wrong, i think they have always looked nice and gone fast and all that. But the real fascination in cars to me is how well they corner. A porsche 911 or a Skyline GTR or Nismo 400R would smoke any corvetter, old on new, on any turn on the planet. Of course, we are talking about two very different classes of cars. But, hey, the corvetter is supposed to be America's answer to European sports cars, so, actually, the comparison is fairly valid. That's just my take.

11. Re: ugly

actually the c5 vettes handle remarkably, and last i looked the vipers were doing well in gt type racing (dont know much about it see em on speedvision). the americans are learning to make cars that corner and europeans should watch out. also dont knock the l88 vette also refered too as zl1 zettes cornering. compare it to any other car in 1968 and i bet you would be suprised with the handling. that along with a 600 horse v8 makes for an incredibly interesting car, although i beleive they only made 2 of them (correct me if im wrong on this) but im pretty sure im right <!-- Signature -->

12. Re: ugly

what kind of man can say that????
    i think you are a 9 years old girl.
    no,no,no.........i'm sure you are!!!!

13. Re: ugly

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from fordracing</i>
    <b>the ugliest corvette ever made, i dont care how fast it is it still looks like a batmobile.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    why r u talking shit about corvette?
    don't u know they are the ones that kick your #$%#ing mustangs ass?
    this car is not ugly(imo), and if it is, it looks far better than any no good piece of trash excuse for a car that u call mustang<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: ugly

Quote from Redlinr
    But the real fascination in cars to me is how well they corner. A porsche 911 or a Skyline GTR or Nismo 400R would smoke any corvetter, old on new, on any turn on the planet. Of course, we are talking about two very different classes of cars. But, hey, the corvetter is supposed to be America's answer to European sports cars, so, actually, the comparison is fairly valid. That's just my take.

Actually, the new Z06 will easily beat those cars in any corner. Its been tested at 1g of grip. None of those cars comes close, except the 911 Turbo. Don't get me wrong, I love those cars, but the numbers speak for themselves.

15. #40 Z06VetteGuy, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: ugly

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Redlinr</i>
    <b>All of you are thinking in straight lines. What the hell happens when this damn thing tries to take a corner. I'll admit that the enginge is rather sick, but in all seriousness, this thing was meant for peeling out and driving in a straight line for a quarter mile or two. I think I would probably laugh if I saw it try to take a corner. Corvette's are nice cars, don't get me wrong, i think they have always looked nice and gone fast and all that. But the real fascination in cars to me is how well they corner. A porsche 911 or a Skyline GTR or Nismo 400R would smoke any corvetter, old on new, on any turn on the planet. Of course, we are talking about two very different classes of cars. But, hey, the corvetter is supposed to be America's answer to European sports cars, so, actually, the comparison is fairly valid. That's just my take.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    You're obviously very ignorant, and you know nothing about c5 corvettes. If you look in the September 2001 issue of "Car and Driver" on page's 62 and 63, you will see that 2002 Corvette Z06 can easily beat the 2001 Porsche 911 Turbo. In this road test the two stock cars went head to head in a road course that tested every aspect of the cars. In this test the Corvette Z06 was faster to 60 mph, 100 mph, and in the quarter mile. The Corvette was also 2 seconds faster in the road course. Once again, the Corvette stopped from 120 mph 33 feet shorter than the Porsche and from 70 mph 11 feet shorter. Now on the skidpad the Corvette outperformed the Porsche with 0.98g versus 0.93g for the 911. Now I want to know how a car that is half the price of the Porsche can outperform it in every aspect. The price of the Vette was $51,000 and the Porsche was $117,000. This proves that not only has American technology caught up with European technology, it has surpassed it. Now if you don't believe me you can find all the proof in the September issue of Car and Driver, or most of it at this link. http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caranddriver/comparisontests/2001/September/supertuner/200109_st_challenge_stockers.xml

Not only is the Corvette the answer to European sports cars, it is the BEST answer.

16. Re: ugly

The 1997 911 Turbo S is a better in pretty much all those numbers, and is a lot better looking to boot. Not to mention that if the 996 had had the optional ceramic rotors, it would have beaten the z-06 in that arena. Plus, the joy of the Turbo is that you can drive it in any weather, and is about as challenging as a commuter car until you call upon the monster lurking within. It has been stipulated again and again that the z-06 pulls mad numbers... In perfect conditions. As the everyday useable sportscar, the 996 is clearly the winner. If you want top of the line "race-car for the road" look to the GT2 and shut yer traps.
    All this blatant "Any Chevy-Vette will kill any Ford ever" crap has to stop. I love Porsche but I would never make such a dumb blanket comment. (Note: Simply repeating these as a response or insulting me without backup will only further my point.) Not to mention that many just "sporty" cars on the road could kill any Vette made for a near 20-year span, and that's in a drag race. Mustangs did beat (and get beat) by Chevy's in Trans-am, and what about the GT-40?
    In any case these cars are near-total (and bad) ripoffs of Ferraris. Look at the 250 GTO and the 275 GTB and call me a liar. (Especially the back ends.) They are way overdone and I think they look atrocious for the most part. The last really good looking Vette was the '63. After that, they look like crap. I have to give a lot of praise for the motor, however. They shoulda just put it in a better car...

17. Re: ugly

i have never been a big fan of american cars, however this is one beautiful car. i think it looks bad ass. furthermore, its got a good handful of ponies.

for those of you who are comparing the c5 to porsche, thats apples and oranges. yes the z06 can match a porsche in performance, but the cars are in 2 different leagues. one has a big old v8 in a car that is designed by a bunch of gm accountants, where as the other is a beautifully crafted, highly personalizable, piece of german engineering and art, built with top quality materials. yes, porsches are more expensive, but you get what you pay for.

18. Re: ugly

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from elduce2005</i>
    <b>if you can tell me a factory Ford (not shelby or saleen or any of that crap) with more power than the L88 than all you Ford dumb asses can talk, ottherwise shut up.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> the 10 liter ford mustang could of beat this no problem ;) straight from the factory too, but got to give it up to this car. one of the best vettes built to date

19. Re: ugly

the lame ass who said that this car is ugly has never been in one i own a stingray and its so awsome!<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: ugly

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Redlinr</i>
    <b>All of you are thinking in straight lines. What the hell happens when this damn thing tries to take a corner. I'll admit that the enginge is rather sick, but in all seriousness, this thing was meant for peeling out and driving in a straight line for a quarter mile or two. I think I would probably laugh if I saw it try to take a corner. Corvette's are nice cars, don't get me wrong, i think they have always looked nice and gone fast and all that. But the real fascination in cars to me is how well they corner. A porsche 911 or a Skyline GTR or Nismo 400R would smoke any corvetter, old on new, on any turn on the planet. Of course, we are talking about two very different classes of cars. But, hey, the corvetter is supposed to be America's answer to European sports cars, so, actually, the comparison is fairly valid. That's just my take.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I read in the November edition of VETTE magazine that in 1967, (after chasing Cobra's for four years) Chevrolet had to do something to put the vette back in the winners circle. The L88 was born and performed nicely in the 24 Hours at Le Mans in France. Since the Le Mans is a road corse, I believe that the L88 could corner just as well if not better than most cars of today, not to mention "it reached 171.5 mph on the Mulsanne straight while leading the GT class." I don't think you would laugh if you saw this car take a corner, I believe that the driver would be laughing at you as he passed you.

21. Re: ugly

You think it's a bad thing that it looks like the batmobile???? pfffft. The batmobile is the greatest car of all time. Well, it would be, if it was real. Second best would be the time travelling delorean, which also doesn't exist. <!-- Signature -->

22. Re: ugly

fordddd boy, you're gay, you dont know what you're talking about, go and clean the $5 chrome exhaust tip of your ford with your short fat chode, vettes kick ass, the only reason you're knocking it is cos you're #$%#ed in the head, if you had any idea you would appreciate the car for what it is, mustangs are okay since they're rare as #$%# in aus, still prefer a corvette tho.
    one sad thing is ford australia make even worse cars then ford usa, no worrys really, just means Holden (australia's GM outpost) will kick their 'falcon' asses like vettes rip shit thru the mustangs.<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: ugly

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 87stang</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from elduce2005</i>
    <b>if you can tell me a factory Ford (not shelby or saleen or any of that crap) with more power than the L88 than all you Ford dumb asses can talk, ottherwise shut up.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> the 10 liter ford mustang could of beat this no problem ;) straight from the factory too, but got to give it up to this car. one of the best vettes built to date</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Uhm... There is no 10 liter FACTORY Mustang. You are probably thinking of the BOSS Mustang that was built only to race the Camaro ZL1.

24. Re: ugly

FORDRACING, someone said you can't even put the two words together in a sentence. . . watch this . . . Ford racing sucks! That wasn't so hard now, was it? Get your damn 66GT 500 or whatever and line it up with this vette. After the vette wins, I think I'll make FORDRACING eat shit! I mean literally, pick up shit, and eat it!<!-- Signature -->

25. Re: ugly

Whoever saya this car is "ugly" is sstupid as well as blind. It is a million times better than all the mass produced Japanese stuff you get now. The L88 is a moving piece of art, not a coldly calculated corporate techno-barge. We need more soulful cars like this nowadays, instead of the glofified washing machines like the Miata.Speaking of the Miata, is it just me or are the 2nd and 3rd generation ones looking more and more like Vipers? Gimme a break, Mazda, think up a design of your own!

Tremble ye all before the mighty alliance of Viper and Vette!<!-- Signature -->