underpowered

Discussion in '1937 Auto Union Typ C Stromlinie' started by z28vette, Aug 10, 2002.

1. i have always liked jeeps, they look cool, but i think this needs more power<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: underpowered

concept... or just a family car.

3. Re: underpowered

What will it take to get people to realize that this is NOT a sports car and doesn't need tons of horsepower! It has more torque than it does hp and thats the way it should be for a suv that is capable off road! Its not supposed to be fast. If Jeep wanted to make a fast suv don't you think they could've (they have in the 98 grand cherokee 5.9 limited) Its got plenty of power for whatever the owner will need. Does anyone on this forum understand how important torque is as well?! I will say again: this is not a sports car!

4. Re: underpowered

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gearjammer</i>
    <b>What will it take to get people to realize that this is NOT a sports car and doesn't need tons of horsepower! It has more torque than it does hp and thats the way it should be for a suv that is capable off road! Its not supposed to be fast. If Jeep wanted to make a fast suv don't you think they could've (they have in the 98 grand cherokee 5.9 limited) Its got plenty of power for whatever the owner will need. Does anyone on this forum understand how important torque is as well?! I will say again: this is not a sports car!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Perfectaly great point... i dont get y ppl want hp coming out the @$$? there's no point unless u have somewhere to use it... and if u can't use it, then y bother?
    <!-- Signature -->

5. Re: underpowered

Drop in the 4.7 Litre High Output Powertech V8! That would make it perfect.

6. Re: underpowered

I deffinetally agree with you. Me and my dad go rock climbing all the time in his 85' Samurai and it has squat for power but it doesn't stop us from going over a rock 3 times the size of our Samurai. So a SUV or any other 4x4 does not nee 300 or 400 Hp to satisfy you crazy people, just the basics do very well. So get it out of your head.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>uote from gearjammer</i>
    <b>What will it take to get people to realize that this is NOT a sports car and doesn't need tons of horsepower! It has more torque than it does hp and thats the way it should be for a suv that is capable off road! Its not supposed to be fast. If Jeep wanted to make a fast suv don't you think they could've (they have in the 98 grand cherokee 5.9 limited) Its got plenty of power for whatever the owner will need. Does anyone on this forum understand how important torque is as well?! I will say again: this is not a sports car!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

7. Re: underpowered

Jeep has a reall winner her I think I love the styling a V* would be nice but i would be happy with the V6 to<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: underpowered

210 horsepower in a small suv isnt bad<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: underpowered

Amen, jeep isn't trying to build a semi-truck powered SUV. It wouldn't be able to handle for shit if they overpowered it. Not every vehicle needs a ranch for engine, just enough to do what they gotta. This is a great car, very stylish design, and just the right amount of power. If you want more horses than you know what to do with go check with Henessey Motorsports and see if they're done with their Viper V10 powered Durango. <!-- Signature -->

10. Re: underpowered

Torgue is quite important you dont need 1001hp (like the new Bugatti) to be powerful. then again Bugatti's a sports car.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: underpowered

Stupid shit blows ass. Slow, ugly, jeep must be proud.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: underpowered

Hmmmm..well sure it's got torque..but I dun think it's usable for rock climbing or off roading cuz this hting doesn't sit that high off the ground.
    Can you say *CRUNCH*...."ahhhhhh..SHIT"!!

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: underpowered

its pretty cool looking and it does have a good 0-60 time for an SUV with nottn much... ahhhh its neat

14. Re: underpowered

<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: underpowered

<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: underpowered

<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: underpowered

Hmmm... Why don't they put a Viper GTS-R 700 horsepower engine in this? It would be fun as hell to use the same car for Rock Climbing and making Ferraries eat dust on the streets.

Just kidding. I don't know if the mistake is from the site on putting a car that can't be considered a supercar (not even a sportscar) or the mistake is from people who see this and can't realize that it's not a car meant to go fast, but a car that's meant to go anywhere. BTW, in my opinion it's the best design from the newer Jeeps.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: underpowered

Why a v6? An inline 6 is cheaper and they had a winner for some many years, why ditch it? Anyway hp is a result of torque over a period of time. Above 5250 rpms hp will be higher, lower than 5250 rpms torque will be higher. Higher torque means the hp will be higher in lower rpms.

GOT TORQUE.

19. Re: underpowered

Jeeps will never have power all they will ever be is a pos v6 on wheels ever since they managed to &%ck up the only 6 cylinder engine worth driving - the inline 6 - they should all be killed and not be allowed to ever create another vehicle.

20. Re: underpowered

Jeep ditched the inline 6 because they found out no matter what they do to it it is still a a reliable engine as do all american car manufacturers. The main reason jeep uses its pos v8 and v6 engins is because they are easy to produce and are machined to fall apart as anyone foolish enough to buy a jeep having a v6 or v8 would know.

21. Re: underpowered

i must stay if i was going offroading i would rather have 1 hp and 1000nm torqu then 1000 hp and 1 nm

22. Re:
    underpowered

210hp on a suv, just not right, I like the car, just not the engine. Jeep, butch up the power a little, then you're set.