USA

Discussion in '1964 Road Agent' started by DC286, Aug 9, 2002.

1. How much are these? My dad wants one

<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: TS50 is better and theres proof!!!

yeah ok but which one would you rather drive???<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: How much are these? My dad wants one

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from DC286</i>
    <b></b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Why? where do you live?<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: How much are these? My dad wants one

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from DC286</i>
    <b></b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->They're about $60,000 aren't they?<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: How much are these? My dad wants one

How much is that in £'s
    Thanx for ya help guys<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: How much are these? My dad wants one

1$ buys 38 pence. So you should be able to work it out. But you pay a lot more in the UK than what they cost here.

7. Re: How much are these? My dad wants one

yeh because he would have to get it imported.

8. TS50 is better and theres proof!!!

Now for all u you 12 year old kids that have never been behind the wheel of car shut the hell up and don't reply to this. The times for the two of these cars (done by "MOTOR" February)are close but the TS50 gets a slight advantage.

Ford T50: (0-100)=5.86 (0-400)=14.18

HSV R8: (0-100)=6.06 (0-400)=14.13

I can just here you holden fans now "but it can do (0-100) in 5.8sec"
    This is because its the claimed time! and for the figures to be fair both cars have to be tested on the same day and track which they were on the figures i I provided OK!

Now that we've proved the TS50 is faster there is no doubt that it has better build quality, handles better and is more refined espeially because of the double wishbone setup in the rear. And finally if that didn't convince all you ignorant byast fools that like the R8 more I have a quote from MOTOR February pg62 "the T-series is a clear winner" and "the Tickford is a sharper tool". I don't now 'bout you but it sounds to me like the Ford is better!

9. Re: TS50 is better and theres proof!!!

fair enough

hsv looks better
    maybe its just my opinion, but its more aggressive

10. Re: TS50 is better and theres proof!!!

where it says the times of the ford in the motor mag, note that the times are supplied by ford,

and in a later edition of motor mag they tested the clubsport r8 and got times of
    0-100km/h = 5.89sec
    0-400m = 13.99@165km/h
    0-1000m = 24.42@208km/h

i hate to disappoint ya but the holden looks better and is faster than the ford

11. Re: TS50 is better and theres proof!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Drone46</i>
    <b>Now for all u you 12 year old kids that have never been behind the wheel of car shut the hell up and don't reply to this. The times for the two of these cars (done by "MOTOR" February)are close but the TS50 gets a slight advantage.

Ford T50: (0-100)=5.86 (0-400)=14.18

HSV R8: (0-100)=6.06 (0-400)=14.13

I can just here you holden fans now "but it can do (0-100) in 5.8sec"
    This is because its the claimed time! and for the figures to be fair both cars have to be tested on the same day and track which they were on the figures i I provided OK!

Now that we've proved the TS50 is faster there is no doubt that it has better build quality, handles better and is more refined espeially because of the double wishbone setup in the rear. And finally if that didn't convince all you ignorant byast fools that like the R8 more I have a quote from MOTOR February pg62 "the T-series is a clear winner" and "the Tickford is a sharper tool". I don't now 'bout you but it sounds to me like the Ford is better!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    And who says what all those motoring journalists says is right? How do you know that Ford or Holden influence their decisions or if the journalists are biased? One of the motor staff is said to favour V8's over turbo 4's...and they said in a comparison once something along the lines of "the 4 banger didnt stand a chance from the word go"
    You might also like to remember that in PCOTY 2002 the HSV's whooped the Tickfords car despite motor saying "this Clubbie was not one of the good ones" <!-- Signature -->

12. Re: TS50 is better and theres proof!!!

Hmm, it seems that your relationship with fine cars is similar to that of your relationship with the English language. "I can just here you holden fans now," you say. 'Here'? Hear? Ok, Ok, I'll let that go. But what about "..handles better and is more refined espeially because...?" WTF? Espeially? And finally this: "...if that didn't convince all you ignorant byast fools.." You realise it is ironic to call someone ignorant when they can't even spell 'biased'? And who is the biased one here? It is contradictory to call someone biased and then go onto be prejudiced yourself. Clearly the HSV Clubsport R8 is the aggressor when it comes to looking sweet. It is pure evil, there is no substitue. There is nothing between the R8 and TS50 stats(0-60mph times, etc.), except for Ford's poor reputation, and perhaps the street cred. HSV are far from being threatened, and that's the bottom line.

13. Re: TS50 is better and theres proof!!!

Man yeh the Te50 does smoke it, it has the low range torque, but in the long run the holdens torque which is supplied up higher give it the edge, my opinion, whether u holden freaks like it or ot, is that it's good to see that ford are finally back in the market. The Ts50 te50 whatever. they both beat it at the start but the holdens higher range torque pulls it back in racing, on the street where i remind you it is illegal to drive your car too fast, the fines are not worth it, neither is the loss of your license. My point on the road i'd prefer a TE50 they also beat the HSV for handling. but due to the holdens top speed and high range torque, then on the track yes it will win. Oh sorry to you 12 year old kids, u don't know what torque is yet do you, go and find out.

MOTOR magazine did the car of the year, if you want to talk about speed go look at RUF or skylines, many cars like that.
    In case you've forgotten holdens fords, are family cars, which means that a main thing is safety not speed however, i love the big V8s, and #$%#n oath they do run great don't they. Can't wait for september when the real fords coem out, go the AV, not if you argue that the Av looks gay, then u must be biast. cos it's goin to be similar to an audi.

14. Re: TS50 is better and theres proof!!!

yeh the 250kw fords are slightly quicker than the 255kw hsv's, one thing that heaps in the low down torque of the ford. the old windsor has served ford well, my old boy has a NL v8 that goes quite well. its at its limit now and the new 5.4L will take over nicely. the gen 3 is no way at its limits, anything ford will pull, so will holden (or usually the other way round). hsv provides a good platform to build up from if you only care about speed (if thats you bag).
    but the new 6 of ford will be a killer, just like back in the eighties with the VL turbo vs the gay XF! no competition at all.
    but its not always over speed and power, the holdens and new monaros are so much better looking, although the suspension and gearbox on the holden could be better. and the old buick 6 is past its time for refinement.
    holden has been leading the way for over a decade and looks like it will be continuing that trend for a little while yet.

things look interesting, nothing wrong with some competition, the winners will be us, the customers!!!

15. Re: TS50 is better and theres proof!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from realice</i>
    <b>yeah ok but which one would you rather drive???</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Ford

16. Re: TS50 is better and theres proof!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from realice</i>
    <b>yeah ok but which one would you rather drive???</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->HSV<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: TS50 is better and theres proof!!!

<b>yeah ok but which one would you rather drive???</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

HSV<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: TS50 is better and theres proof!!!

Ford

19. Re: TS50 is better and theres proof!!!

hsv
    compare the hsv gts 2002 with the ts50 and te50 guess who would win holden
    you were comparing a top of the range ford to an alright holden compare cars that are both top of the range like hsv gts vs ford ts50 and te50 and the holden hsv gts would win of corse

20. Re: TS50 is better and theres proof!!!

hsv
    you were comparing a top of the range ford to an alright holden compare cars that are both top of the range like hsv gts vs ford ts50 and te50 and the holden hsv gts would win of corse

21. Re: TS50 is better and theres proof!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from heheheheheheheh</i>
    <b>hsv
    you were comparing a top of the range ford to an alright holden compare cars that are both top of the range like hsv gts vs ford ts50 and te50 and the holden hsv gts would win of corse</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Yeah, good one. Only an idiot would think of something like that. If what you say is true - that we should only compare top-of-the-line models, then what is stopping us from comparing your sacred HSV GTS with a Porsche 911 GT2??
    You can only fairly compare cars of a similar price you brainless piece of dog vomit.<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: TS50 is better and theres proof!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BaRRa</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from heheheheheheheh</i>
    <b>hsv
    you were comparing a top of the range ford to an alright holden compare cars that are both top of the range like hsv gts vs ford ts50 and te50 and the holden hsv gts would win of corse</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Yeah, good one. Only an idiot would think of something like that. If what you say is true - that we should only compare top-of-the-line models, then what is stopping us from comparing your sacred HSV GTS with a Porsche 911 GT2??
    You can only fairly compare cars of a similar price you brainless piece of dog vomit.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Not always necessarily price, You can still compare cars of different price if they are the same type of car. Ie the HSV GTS and M5 for example.<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: TS50 is better and theres proof!!!

Those two cars have completely different target buyers. The GTS is more for a Yobbo when compared with a car like the M5<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: TS50 is better and theres proof!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BaRRa</i>
    <b>Those two cars have completely different target buyers. The GTS is more for a Yobbo when compared with a car like the M5</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Depends on which way you look at it. I know they target different buyers however they still have a lot of commonalities.<!-- Signature -->

25. Re: TS50 is better and theres proof!!!

<b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from realice</i>
    Ford</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Ford, but both holden and fords are both good cars