Venom 800 Twin Turbo leaves all Corvettes for Dead

Discussion in '2000 Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT' started by Venom 800 Twin Turbo, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Dodge Viper Venom 800 Twin Turbo are the sweetes cars on earth and will kill all foreign and non foreign cars ass.

2. Re: Venom 800 Twin Turbo leaves all Corvettes for Dead

Actually the new 427 Z06 Corvette beats this thing pretty badly in terms of acceleration...<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Venom 800 Twin Turbo leaves all Corvettes for Dead

Sorry, i am one of the biggest Viper fans around, but there is a new Ligenfelter Corvette reviewed in Motortrend that does 0-60 in 1.97 sec. That is fact. It beats the viper in every factor. Everything but looks in my opinion.

4. Re: Venom 800 Twin Turbo leaves all Corvettes for Dead

The viper doesn't have a zinc lined block it is desigined to be cheap and as a side effect high rpm driving damages the block before you get to the redline because they didn't zinc line the block to save money. Most high performance cars have a zinc lined block including the vette. The z06 tuned would seriously crush this if put in twin supercargers like this. The transmission is alos not titanium alloy in this it is forged steel making it heavy and easy to strip the gears unlike a z06 which is titanium alloy. Chrysler muscle cars died with the charger so stop trying to bring it back.

5. Re: Venom 800 Twin Turbo leaves all Corvettes for Dead

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from tim66761</i>
    <b>The transmission is alos not titanium alloy in this it is forged steel making it heavy and easy to strip the gears unlike a z06 which is titanium alloy.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Uhhh, last time I checked they both use the same transmission. The Tremec T56 6 Speed. You are just trying to make the Viper look bad by spouting false information, aren't you? Grow up. <!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Venom 800 Twin Turbo leaves all Corvettes for Dead

The lingenfelter corvette might be able to beat this thing on the strip but i dont know about on a track. They both pull nearly identical skid pads (viper-1.01g's and vette-1.02g's) and they both pack enough power to get them over 200 mph on a strait away. So i couldnt tell you who would win.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Venom 800 Twin Turbo leaves all Corvettes for Dead

Corvette pulls 1.02 g's? Do you have an article or something you could point me to to see that. The best I've seen for the Vette is 1.01 g's. Same as the Viper.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Venom 800 Twin Turbo leaves all Corvettes for Dead

I'd go with the Vette, even though im not a believer in hyper tuned cars of any kind, I've heard toooooo many first hand stories of Hennessy vipers blowing up. Speed isnt everything, reality and craftsmanship is.<!-- Signature -->