Very enexpected move from AR

Discussion in '2006 Alfa Romeo Diva Concept' started by Tensor, Mar 1, 2006.

1. I didn't see it coming at all, what do you think?

2. First impressions on design: I like. The back especially looks aggressive to me.

3. The name is idiotic and feminine. Not feminine in a "look at those curves" sort of way, but in a "#%!@ is on the rag again" way. That's a pity since it is a very sultry design, with a lot of styling cues taken from the Tipo 33 Stradale. Dunno bout the front so much, there's no reason to keep making street cars with formula noses. It's efficient, but not overly attractive. Besides, it's not like anybody is gonna see the car and think. Hey! Didn't I see him race at Silverstone the other day?

4. who gives a flying shit about the name.. this car is sex.

5. i agree...The design grows on you

6. Finally Alfa has gone back to making some radical designs. I miss them since they haven't brought out anything really radical for the longest time.

7. Sbarro had more to do with this car than Alfa and I imagine the Fiat Auto Group probably paid the bill. And it's a good thing too, because they are supporting an independent design school.

8. I am really looking forward to some performance figures released for that baby. Hopefully they would be up to its looks and not something disappointing.

9. alfa romeo concepts over the last couple of years have been on point. the brera, the 8c, and now this.

here's a picture i got off of ultimatecarpage.com of the diva's engine bay. looks like a transverse inline-6 to me.

10. very smart looking car. i also wanna see what this can do. i expect it to be really good in terms of performance.

11. ...because every car ever made has to be entirely masculine?

12. you should visit the euro forum more often

13. 12 rounds.

14. Close, its a V6, you can tell by the exhaust manifold just at the bottom of the picture.

15. It's a Sabarro and NOT a true Alfa prototype. It will weigh about 1000 kilos, and have a REAL Alfa V-6 putting out about 300 RELIABLE HP!! If it catually gets built and teh remove teh Ferrari Enzo-like nose and make it look like more of an Alfa and less of a Lotus, it will sell in the 10s of thousands worldwide!

16. I fail to see any resemblance to the Tipo 33's.

That front spoiler is tacked on there for the sake of current trends. It rides too high, its too noisy. The 33/2 was a beautiful, flowing and functional car, this looks like a lego design that got dropped on the floor but presented anyway.

Bet it won't make production.

17. It's obvious it's not likely to ever reach production. It's only a DESIGN STUDY, not a real car or even what we can call a prototype. Still, it would be interesting to see some of its features in an AR future model

18. It's obvious it's not likely to ever reach production. It's only a DESIGN STUDY, not a real car or even what we can call a prototype. Still, it would be interesting to see some of its features in an AR future model