Very possible new 2004 Lexus GS series!!! ..BMW watch out!! *Pi

Discussion in '2001 BMW M5' started by Vladi000, Aug 9, 2002.

1. This is the new Toyota Brevis that came out in Japan not too long ago. It has vey nice chances to become next GS series that should be replaced in 2003 as 2004 model. Brevis has nice british inspired styling and looks very flashy. Again emphasis is on luxury as you can see in interior pic. I don't know nothing about the engine specs except that it has 280hp, but if Brevis makes to production as new GS series some modifications will be done for sure.
    There is a alos one pic with official extra equipment (Ground Effects) that looks very tight.
    I will attach couple of pictures so you can see by yourself

2. This is the new Toyota Brevis that came out in Japan not too long ago. It has vey nice chances to become next GS series that should be replaced in 2003 as 2004 model. Brevis has nice british inspired styling and looks very flashy. Again emphasis is on luxury as you can see in interior pic. I don't know nothing about the engine specs except that it has 280hp, but if Brevis makes to production as new GS series some modifications will be done for sure.
    There is a alos one pic with official extra equipment (Ground Effects) that looks very tight.
    I will attach couple of pictures so you can see by yourself

3. Re: Very possible new 2004 Lexus GS series!!! ..BMW watch out!!

lol

4. Re: Very possible new 2004 Lexus GS series!!! ..BMW watch out!!

Baby BOy again!!!

5. Re: Very possible new 2004 Lexus GS series!!! ..BMW watch out!!

needs a life grease monkey ha

6. Re: Very possible new 2004 Lexus GS series!!! ..BMW watch out!!

granted BMW needs to watch out, as car companies such as Audi, Jaguar, Cadillac, Lincoln, and i guess Lexus as well, are pumping up its power to match up against the M3, and the M5.
    the neverless, the 5 series is getting a nice 380HP from a 3.0L twin turbo enginge. then there is also the 4.5L engine being added.
    i as well have heard of the v10 M5, but that'll wont be here for a long time. When that's around, expect other car companies to bring out cars to easily match it.
    Mercedez definetly, Jaguar is coming back with its highly acclaimed v12 again, and Audi is getting awesome, VW, got the 12 now, which wons the 24 hour record.
    where Lexus gets into this group, i dont know, but definetly not with 280HP. When we're talking about an S-Type R with 390, and then you had some modifiacion, you get the Paramount edition 450HP.
    will the Lexus compete in price? I guess it will.
    but as of today, the M5 is the prime car.
    though i'll be the first to admit BMW future as being at the top may be in jeopardy

7. Re: Very possible new 2004 Lexus GS series!!! ..BMW watch out!!

When you say "...S-Type R with 390, and then you had some modifiacion, you get the Paramount edition 450HP."

You do know that there is also after market upgrades for the M5 as well. Dinan makes a 500hp M5.

8. Re: Very possible new 2004 Lexus GS series!!! ..BMW watch out!!

And a 470hp natrually aspirated version. I havent seen any turbo/super tweaks on that, but that would put your paramount to shame. You have to go by classes when comparing autos. I dont see anything coming from cadilac to even make BMW blink. What, the 16? you cant compare a coupe with twice the cylinders to a luxury sedan. Lexus has always been a tame japanese luxury branch, offering nothing of real interest since the sc430, and thats just because it looks cool. I wouldnt be looking for any M5 beating cars from them for a long time.

9. Re: Very possible new 2004 Lexus GS series!!! ..BMW watch out!!

in japan toyota makes an Aristo V300 (lexus GS300) with a 2JZ GTE motor (twin turbo same as in supra) which is an awesome motor which can be modded easily (the stock block can handle 900HP reliably)