Viper vs. Corvette....wut do ya think?

Discussion in '2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06' started by viper, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Viper would merk it

2. ALWAYS THE VETTE YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! PLUS i hear vipers have sucky as heck handling and they ugly! too much front to them... they have nice torque though ill give them that

3. Ther two very alike and different cars

4. The 2006 viper srt-10 coupe (fastest of all the stock vipers) has 500bhp @5600 rpm
    top speed - 190 mph
    0-60 3.9 seconds
    weight - 1565 kg cost - $83.200

The 2006 corvette Z06 has 500bhp @6200 rpm
    top speed - 198 mph
    0-60 3.6 seconds
    weight - 1420 kg cost - $65.800

looks to me like the corvette is the winner.

5. Yes, the Vette is faster, stock. I'll take the Viper though. Having seen both these engines disassembled, the Viper definately has the more durable engine. The Viper can easily handle 800+ hp with no problems. Lingefelter has built some bad ass 'Vettes, but they won't hold up nearly as well as a Henessy Viper will.

6. tHa corveTTe sUckd Ballz d00dz!!!!!ROfl LMAO!!!!

7. I'm gonna have to go with the Vette

8. the viper now falls short in the battle of american muscle.

9. I think you need to learn english.

10. Corvette, definitely. It handles like a European supercar, however the Viper has just had a power hike and it has loads of character. But it still is a truck engine with some scaffolding and a good looking body. Oh yes the Vipers' gearbox is even heavier than the Z06's

11. The 2008 viper takes back the grudge cup for now with 600hp and 560ft lbs of torque though the reply from zo6 boys is pending.should be good......hopefully.

12. Viper wins on tight corners, Vette on the straights. It might be different when the 08 Viper takes on the SS Vette, which is supposed to be lighter and more powerful. But the 08 Viper isn't a complete redesign, a secret SS slayer may be lurking in the future.

13. The Vette does and always will kill the viper, hands down. I'm a 100% purebread Vette fan, and its my FAVORITE car. By the way, the Z06 really is faster than the Viper. Sorry, Viper fans........LIVE WITH IT!!!!!!!!

14. Hands down? Impossible since the Viper was faster around Willow Springs. As fast as the Vette is, its cornering leaves it open to the Viper in the turns. The Vette, when it is ahead, never really gets much farther than the Viper. To say that one is totally superior is very ignorant. I'll admit that in most cases I've seen, the Vette crossed the line first, but I know for a fact that the Viper beats it through the corners. In the end course selection may decide the winner.

15. acually the fastest of all stock vipers is the 2001 dodge hennessy viper venom 1000 tt
    top speed= 240mph
    o-60= 2.44sec
    quarter mile= 8.93sec

16. hey yh125d, how is the vette suposed to suck balls, it aint got a mouth ya dam retarded abusif #$%#ing hwore

17. For daily use either is fantastic, both have Tremec T-56 6-speed manuals and 500 plus horsepower, as well. As for racing in ALMS the C5R and C6R have owned the, Viper and the 24 hours of LeMans since 1999, one win going to the Viper in 2000. So its safe to say the Z06 can in fact handle corners, as well.