watch #%$s! your preference

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MooSquad, Jul 27, 2011.

1. I have a Seamaster, I bought it second hand for under $2,000

I know TimmyMcOwnsJews will turn his nose high in the air, but it's a quartz not an automatic.

I love it though, solid watch

Sometimes when i've feeling sartorialist i'll put it on a NATO strap.

2. The thing I dislike about Tag is they really don't stand behind their product.

They won't service their watches that are 15+ years old if they're out of production

Companyes like Rolex or Omega will service their products if they're 5 days, or 50 years old.

At the price point of many Tags it's a hard pill to swallow.

3. The thing I dislike about Tag is they really don't stand behind their product.

They won't service their watches that are 15+ years old if they're out of production

Companyes like Rolex or Omega will service their products if they're 5 days, or 50 years old.

At the price point of many Tags it's a hard pill to swallow.

4. #104 op, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    lol i wont rag on such a classic omega, no worries.

it's not my style at all, but lots of people love it (its better than the submariner lol)

I rock a baume mercier hampton like this one without the blue hands (i wish i had the blue hands, #$%#)

http://www.baume-et-mercier.com/sites/default/files/watches/Baume-et-Mercier-Hampton-8822-Mood_0.jpg

5. #105 Baklava, Jul 29, 2011
  6. #106 catphish, Jul 29, 2011
  7. yeah same here.

8. what if i wore a fossil watch

9. i dont know

as long as its not a rubber casio or not a watch at all.

i don't understand people who don't wear watches. i feel naked without one.

10. i dont even wnat one

11. i always have mine on even though the battery ran out last october. feels weird without having it on and i haven't bothered to get a new battery yet haha

12. ya i rock mine dead sometimes. i hate autos for that reason, the shit dies and i don't even realize and then im too lazy to wind.

13. Same here, I prefer manual for that reason.

14. #114 xDRAN0x, Jul 29, 2011
  15. thats why i have 2 watches lol

16. I know someone who has serious problems with punctuality. Often we'll agree to meet at a certain time and place, and five minutes after that I'll call, and they'll still be at home.

I've thought about giving him a watch as a gift, and whether or not that will offend him...but it turns out someone has already done that, and he chooses not to wear it.

That whole thing about checking their watch out is a good policy. If a prospective employee doesn't wear a watch, they obviously don't value time very highly, so how can you expect them to arrive at work on time, and meet deadlines?

17. lol
    thats the thinking of someone whos into watches
    has nothing to do with punctuality

18. Ugh im punctual and never wear a watch. I can see the time on my cell phone perfectly you're just being a gay over here

19. people like that are useless.

20. #120 op, Jul 30, 2011
  21. how much for that? would buy instantly if ihad the money

22. #122 op, Jul 30, 2011
  23. #123 Baklava, Jul 30, 2011
  24. It's a rose gold Glashutte Senator Chronometer, and was available in 2009 for $26,900. This is what's going on inside.

TimmyMac, I think you've posted pics of that porcelain watch before. I remember the crossed blue swords logo.