WAY2FAST4YOU: We need to talk

Discussion in '2003 Chevrolet Corvette 50th Anniversary' started by 14 year old Corvette fan, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Why do you still feel the need to tell everyone how fast your NSX is. We all know your car is fast. You then proceed to talk about how it will smoke Corvettes. It will in the beginning of the race but it will lose the lead before the 1 mile mark where the Vette will pull away to a slim top speed advantage (about 168 vs 173). You talk about Corvette Z06's but you will not be able to keep up with them. Why does this bother you? You clearly didn't buy an NSX on speed alone so why be upset when your car is beat by speed alone?

Your insecurity about not having the fastest car is tiresome. If you like your car then you will accept it for what it is: an expert blend of performance, comfort, rarity,and reliability.

If you still complain then the problem is with you. You feel the need to "prove" that you are the best but there is no such possibilty. Everyone is equal. You are too old for me to be a "father figure" but I think you may need a "big brother figure". Respond and I will try to talk out these feelings you are having. I have two other younger brothers but if you need me I will always have room for a third!

2. Re: WAY2FAST4YOU: We need to talk

Okay here's the deal. First of all about "keeping up with the vette or the z-06" like i said numerous times, after intake, exhaust and headers, i am capable of making corvette look stupid and losing to the z-06 by maybe .2-.5 tenths of a second on the 1/8 th mile run. Secondly Im not insecure about my car, afterall who would be insecure about driving an 80k vehicle? Its just ive been to many forums, and seen that Corvette has been brought up in comparison to some amazing vehicles, like ferrari or porsche and i thought hey i dont drive a ferrari or a porsche but i can still very easily compete with the vette, so it really isnt all that impressive.
    Finally, i dont try to force my opinion upon anyone i just want people to see my take on things, but i guess some people are too close minded to listen. And no i dont need an older brother, im 19, i need an older girlfriend LOL<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: WAY2FAST4YOU: We need to talk

---------------
    Corvette has been brought up in comparison to some amazing vehicles, like ferrari or porsche and i thought hey i dont drive a ferrari or a porsche but i can still very easily compete with the vette, so it really isnt all that impressive.
    ---------------

But your car has mods, so that cancels out any kind of comparison to impressiveness. With that kind of reasoning you'll be modding your NSX to 900hp and saying "hey look I can keep up with the McLaren F1, the Viper Venom 800TT and Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette arent that impressive."

4. Re: WAY2FAST4YOU: We need to talk

if you read the vette vs NSX forum you will find out that he has not modded his NSX at all,it is stock. But as he says, after he mods it, not taking into account, "what if the vette gets the same mods, what will happen then?" If he did think that then his argument wouldnt hold any water whatsoever.

WAY2FAST, first off the vette is brought up with those amazing cars because PERFORMACE wise the vette competes! look at the numbers, the vette and the NSX and porsche and ferrarri all ocmpete performance wise, maybe not luxury blah blah blah, but performance. Also, if you would take two minutes to actually go to a car mags website and look up the stats on te vette and NSX you would see the NSX losing PERFORMANCE wise, which is what your first couple amd the bulk of your posts on the Vette vs NSX forum were.

Longshoreman, the vette, stock not z06, beats the nsx in all performance aspects in pretty much all of the magazine comparisons.