WC 2010 South-Africa Pick em

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MooSquad, Apr 12, 2010.

1. You watching?

2. Hell yes, and I'm rooting for Three lions. I'm quite worried about this.

I'd like England and USA to advance

3. Are there any flights from Port Elizabeth to London tomorrow?

4. USA looking pretty good? Can't watch the game right now but I'm following live commentary and everything sounds positive other than missing easy wide open chances.

5. Guess we should've buried one of those wide open empty nets early on, lol.

6. Nevermind, lol again.

7. USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

8. So glad the shit call didn't cost us the group.

I'm curious, why is there such an opposition to instant replay on things like goals? There is stopage then anyways and there are only a few times a game where its relevant. It seems like there are way too many issues with poor officiating (henrys goal keeping ireland outta wc, etc). Is the instant replay thing solely an american thing, and why is it dislikes elsewhere?

9. U.S.A WINS!!! YES!!!!!

10. ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▒▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▒▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▒▒▒▓▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▓▒▒▓▓
    ▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▓▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▓▓▒▓▒▓
    ▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▓▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▒▒▓▒▓▒▓
    ▓▒▒▒▓▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▓▓▒▓▒▓
    ▓▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▓▓▒▓▒▓
    ▓▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▒▒▓▒▒▓▓

11. I think they are trying to remain traditional in the sports officiating. What I would like is two extra officials on the goal lines, I liked this experiment in the CL finals and I think this could help a lot with marginal offside calls, in box fouls/offsides as well as being better equipped to see if balls really do cross the lines etc.

I for one would not like to see replays involved in the sport, it would leave out the drama of the game something we are all used to.

12. I just realized something, USA may actually endup on second place.
    That would be crazy!

13. offsides should be computer automated. No reason it can't be.

14. How would that work?

15. didnt have a chance to watch the matches today(had presentations all day long, boring!) but congrats usa! is this the first time you move on to the next round?

16. haha #$%#. i stopped watching assuming nothing would happen but then we win. USA USA USA USA

17. Surely a program could monitor when the ball leaves the foot of a friendly player whether the player that then receives it was in an offiside position. It really wouldnt be that hard i dont think.

18. also, something that has definitely had a huge impact is unneccesary red cards. I think the refs need to be more careful how they hand them out.

19. no computers in football please.

20. im curious why in soccer they cant overturn a decision like in football where the referee can look at the replays and give the final decision if such play or goal is good. its the second time its happened to U.S. but idk i dont know much about soccer other than kick and goal.

21. Its a bit impossible

22. Give the coaches like two challenges a game and then the refs can check for replays. Then add the exact same time to stoppage.

The computer thing seems impossible, it works for tennis but that's it.

23. because it ruins the tempo

24. oh yeah the tempo of soccer