wharts the difference between this and prowle

Discussion in '1999 Plymouth Howler Concept' started by datsun280zx, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- Signature -->

2. Re: wharts the difference between this and prowle

Did you read the specifications?
    4.7L V8 which is what should have been in to begin with!<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: wharts the difference between this and prowle

Also, the entire rear end is revised. It's odd that this V8 has less horsepower, albeit more torque, than the V6

4. Re: wharts the difference between this and prowle

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Mark</i>
    <b>Also, the entire rear end is revised. It's odd that this V8 has less horsepower, albeit more torque, than the V6</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

its probibly because it is a convertable, and because of that the frame is not as strong

5. Re: wharts the difference between this and prowle

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ffattack</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Mark</i>
    <b>Also, the entire rear end is revised. It's odd that this V8 has less horsepower, albeit more torque, than the V6</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

its probibly because it is a convertable, and because of that the frame is not as strong</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Actually, because peak horsepower just has to do with where the torque is at different places on the rev range, it's not too surprising that this engine has less horsepower. It's easy to get horsepower out of little engines and it's easy to get torque out of big engines. The opposite is true of little engines and torque and big engines and horsepower. The reason is that horsepower comes from revving the engine high, which smaller engines are better at doing because their parts are smaller and lighter. Torque comes from the brute force of the engine, and the lower in the rev range that it peaks the better. Torque can be converted to Horsepower by multiplying it by the RPM/5252. For example, if a car makes 200lb-ft @ 4500rpm, it puts out 200*4500/5252 = 171hp at that same engine speed.

I don't see what being a convertible has to do with anything, and the same goes for the frame. The torque and horsepower ratings are always taken at the crankshaft (unless you get an out of factory Dyno test done, in which case it's reported as RWHP, RWTQ, FWHP, or FWTQ) and neither has to do with the overall performance or design of the car. It is true that the performance of this car is lowered because it has a not-so-rigid body and is a convertible, but the power numbers are totally independent of these things.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: wharts the difference between this and prowle

just think of it as a extended bed V8 Prowler

7. Re: wharts the difference between this and prowle

ya the back is longer and boxier

8. Re: wharts the difference between this and prowle

i see it as a redisigned prowler, uglier in my opinion, i think the prowler is better looking.

9. Re: wharts the difference between this and prowle

Sex me now, in your Honda sexy ride.

10. Re: wharts the difference between this and prowle

The only reason they made the Howler was that there was demand of the market to carry AND a wife/caddie AND a bag of golfclubs. Well, here it is. And it's literally butt-ugly.