What a load of Shit!!!

Discussion in '1968 Mazda Cosmo Sport' started by Sammy2slick, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: nice car

Rtary brother?? shit more like rotary father. witout this car our rx-7's wouldnt be what they are today.

2. the hi tech car of the 60's

this thing was justr amazing in the 60's
    revolutionary engine
    looks to kill (in other pics)
    and all out rarety
    truly a dream car<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: the hi tech car of the 60's

Yeah dude, I love Rotary engine!

4. Re: the hi tech car of the 60's

Rotary engines only offer the ability to rev high and thats worthless on the street. Before you can get the engine to rev to 10,000 you have to brake for the next stoplight and they sound like utter garbage<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: the hi tech car of the 60's

Thats way to general GTBuggati. I have a clip of a street class (according to the title of the clip) 3rd gen RX-7 doing a 9.62 quarter mile. High revs can be used on the street. Look at an s2000. it has unspectaclar power at low revs, but driven correctly at high rpm, it will really fly off the line.

Besides that, this car is not really a street racer. I bet its a blast on windy roads, and it's definitly a good way to impress the ladies. That is pretty much what it is intended for.

P.S. Rotaries sound very different from a normal engine, but it is entirely a matter of opinion if they sound good or not.

6. Re: why isn't it the 3-rotor

I do hope you realise this Cosmo was the first Rotary vehicle by Mazda.

That is cool

7. #7 MeanRex7, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: why isn't it the 3-rotor

the JC Cosmo is a great luxury car. Hell I'd kill for one.
    But you gotta respect Mazda Rotary's heritage :-D
    This was a great car "back in the day".

heres a site for you on the JC Cosmo and maybe you can learn more about other and older rotaries
    http://www.dmrh.com.au/index3.htm
    also try this
    http://www.monito.com/wankel/ <!-- Signature -->

8. Re: why isn't it the 3-rotor

JC Cosmo 20B 3 rotor

9. Re: What do you think?

Pretty damn cool.

10. I am not too keen...

i think its a boring looking car and it just dosent say "drive me!"<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: I am not too keen...

I wouldnŽt mind one, but engine got reputation to be of low quality.
    Lets consider it a prototype car...
    <!-- Signature -->

12. Re: I am not too keen...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Alessandro</i>
    <b>I wouldnŽt mind one, but engine got reputation to be of low quality.
    Lets consider it a prototype car...
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

...even though it isn't.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: I am not too keen...

It would have said "drive me" back in its day.

14. Production???

How many were made???<!-- Signature -->

15. Production

<!-- Signature -->

16. nice car

nice car but a mustang Shelby GT 500 1967 would kill it

17. Re: nice car

u must be the stupidest persn in te world......this car shouldnt even b cmbared to a car like the gt500....this is a daily driver designed for someone on a budget who needs to getfrom point a to point b in a relativly quick im...the gt500 is racing bred car designed for the track<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: nice car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mich</i>
    <b>nice car but a mustang Shelby GT 500 1967 would kill it</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Must you always start your post with "nice car"? Maybe you don't, but it sure seems like it. Try being a little creative, you obviously know your cars.

19. Re: nice car

No, the GT 500 would never kill it. Give me a nice twisting road somewhere in the Alps and I'm pretty sure your GT would end on a bottom of some ravine... Or better yet - give me a BMW M3 and ANY road. Bye Bye Fordie!

20. Re: nice car

Mazda Cosmo rules. As far as gutless pieces of shit go, it's one the few I'd like to buy. I remember reading a magazine where the Cosmo was so slow, it's 400m was quicker than the 0-100km/h time.

21. Re: nice car

Looks very much like a Toyota 2000!
    Similiar body type, headlights,etc..

22. Re: nice car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TwoPynts</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mich</i>
    <b>nice car but a mustang Shelby GT 500 1967 would kill it</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Must you always start your post with "nice car"? Maybe you don't, but it sure seems like it. Try being a little creative, you obviously know your cars.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    no crap! that or "ugly car"......humour us mitch, say something like "nice and ugly car"?? or is thats a bit much for u, try "car ugly"....if u feel its better to start slow, then move onto the more difficult ones like "this automobile is rather distastful"<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: nice car

ah... another rotary brother.... but this one isnt that great... even for back in he day

24. Re: nice car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Porshe 964</i>
    <b>Looks very much like a Toyota 2000!
    Similiar body type, headlights,etc..</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The Toyota 2000GT had pop up headlights....

25. Re: nice car

no shit... the 1st of the rotary from mazda