What a phony car

Discussion in '1991 Detomaso Pantera 2' started by Sluggo, Aug 10, 2002.

1. This car looks fast. But a 302 my god. Give us all a break and throw a quad turbo v12 un this slut.

2. Re: What a phony car

I must agree. The Pantera 2 looks like it has a huge set of NUTS but it sports a vagina instead!! This car needs a V12, 450+hp!!

3. Re: What a phony car

u 2 are messed.
    it was 1991 with the faliure of the xj220 just hapening who would risk a 12 twin turbo?<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: What a phony car

the 302 may be a small engine but the major prob with this car is that the car is too #$%#ing heavy for what the powerplant can manage

5. Re: What a phony car

they used a ford v8 because thats what the original had a 351 and if it wasnt for the pantera ferraris would still look like nissan pulsars<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: What a phony car

This pantera is bad ass and the ford 302 is a good engine but it just does not belong in here. At least a 351 gt40 spec engine with fuel injection come on! V12 would have been the ultimate though.

7. Re: What a phony car

No Kidding it's a phony car. . .
    looks like a Ferrari that goes as fast as my dad's Toyota Avalon. Nees a V12 and more bhp!

8. Re: What a phony car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from impreza-guy</i>
    <b>u 2 are messed.
    it was 1991 with the faliure of the xj220 just hapening who would risk a 12 twin turbo?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 51coronet</i>
    <b>This pantera is bad ass and the ford 302 is a good engine but it just does not belong in here. At least a 351 gt40 spec engine with fuel injection come on! V12 would have been the ultimate though. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->i agree with both quotes here. this car is not so bad. but all those of you ranting about a V12, wut the hell u think this is? ot everything has to be a V12 to be a great car. as one of the earlier postings had said, this car is just way too heavy for its powerplant to sport higher speeds.

9. Re: What a phony car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from the stang tamer</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from impreza-guy</i>
    <b>u 2 are messed.
    it was 1991 with the faliure of the xj220 just hapening who would risk a 12 twin turbo?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 51coronet</i>
    <b>This pantera is bad ass and the ford 302 is a good engine but it just does not belong in here. At least a 351 gt40 spec engine with fuel injection come on! V12 would have been the ultimate though. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->i agree with both quotes here. this car is not so bad. but all those of you ranting about a V12, wut the hell u think this is? ot everything has to be a V12 to be a great car. as one of the earlier postings had said, this car is just way too heavy for its powerplant to sport higher speeds.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->]

actualy i'm pointing out the thread starters lust for a v12 in this machine wich i think is spectacular as is.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: What a phony car

Yah it doesn't necessarily need a V-12 but come on, this think is a tank, it needs some real power to move it.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: What a phony car

3300lbs is not a tank. 4th generation Trans Ams weigh a whopping 4500lbs and produce similar power. I think the car is good with a 302. Only major mod I would probably suggest would be a turbo.

12. Re: What a phony car

shave off a thousand pounds or add on 300 hp i think this is the best looking sedans/sporty car out there elvis owned a pantera so this shit the king but gettin severly outdated these stats where cool in the 70's

13. Re: What a phony car

To tell the truth, i'm sick to death of V12's...this car would be good with a W12, a rotary, a W8, heck even strap two jet engines on the sides and smash the world record, but please stop being a f00 and asking for a V12 when theres soo much more out there.

14. Re: What a phony car

Brilliant, you are dead on exactly right. People seem to assume V12s are always better. They most likely are yes, but like he said, there are mumerous more choices out there that can be just as good. However this car is a waste of time and money. i mean they could have made that V8 a little more powerful come on...145mph is fairly fast yes, but look at the car for christ sake. It looks like a real supercar. From 1991.

15. Re: What a phony car

What the hell is a regular Ford V8 doing in a car like this? I know Ford makes badass engines, but man! A REGULAR V8? Dude, the LEAST they can do is put a V10, but NOT A V8! I think this car needs a V12!

16. Re: What a phony car

YOU ROOKS(ROOKIE) ACT LIKE A V-12 IS THE ONLY ENGINE U CAN GET BIG NUMBERS OUT OF I HAVE A STAGE 2 GRAND NATIONAL (865 HP STREET LEGAL) THAT WOULD BLOW ALMOST ANY V12 OFF THE MAP. A V8 IS GOOD ENOUGH BUT THE 302 IS REALLY UNDERPOWERED FOR SUCH A HEAVY CAR THERE ARE A LOT OF BETTER CARS THEN THIS THOUGH, WITH CHEAPER PRICE TAG.

17. Re: What a phony car

what the F***k are you talking about you retard,Ferrari's never looked like no Damn nissan pulsers,lol
    And this car looks cool but that gay ass ford v8 gotta go,it needs something Euro or Asian in there, Engine wise.

18. Re: What a phony car

may I remind you n00bs that not EVERY supercar needs a V12 to make it fast and to make it a supercar...The Corvette has never had a V12, yet it is a classic Supercar, the Mustangs, even the Hemi Musclecars, the Shelby Cobra, or any classic Jaguar (minus the XJ220) had a V12 and these are all classic supercars in their own right...I think what I would do instead with that 302 is maybe bore it out to maybe a 428CJ or a 429 or maybe pop in a Hemi or dare I say, a Viper V10...yes the power to weight ratio might not be all that great, but it's still not a bad car...

19. Re: What a phony car

A Hemi or another Ford engine?Screw that I would throw a Supra twinturbo inline -six in this slut and tune it up to about 600bhp.Only then will this car go like it looks...fast.

20. Re: What a phony car

ok all of u prolly havent driven a pantera and this information is wrong it cam with a 350 horsepower 351 cleveland and it was good considering that it only cost about 25 thousand and the trans alone is 15k this information is wrong there was never a 91 pantera they made them up to 86 and that was a gt5 or early gt4 what ur looking at now is a gt5 kit on a 73 pre l with euro taillights etc this engine is puttin out 350 totally stock non of ur cars can do that for under 25k plus it was mid engine giving much better weight transfer and this information is wrong the pantera weighs about 2640 and top speed somewhere around 160 thats totally bone stock now if u want to spend about 20 g's on mods what kids are spending on little imports now u can make it an easy 600 hp without turbo or nos its an all throttle no bottle car and if u want to add a twin turbo and nos it will put out easily over 1000hp check out pim.net and panteracars.com and ull see ur all wrong about the pantera u should get out and drive one ull fall in love and get rid of ur lil 4 bangers

21. Re: What a phony car

4th-gen T/A's do NOT weigh 4500lbs...unless they're pulling a trailer or carrying four rather large persons. Try somewhere in the ~3500lb range.

22. Re: What a phony car

Ford 302 a bad engine? Please kids, do some research.

1968 Ford GT40 Mk1 Gulf

Engine: (5.0L) 302cid Ford V8.

425 Horsepower.

396 lb-ft of torque.

Out runs and out performs most supercars of today.

Viper's won't catch it.

Vette's won't Catch it.

The only supra's that Might catch it are insanely modified supras, and even those wouldn't hold up on a track.

Only 3 Factory Ferrari's built (to my knowledge) have a chance at outracing it, the F40, F50, and Enzo, the only one that MAY have a chance is the Enzo.

Only the Porsche Carrera can catch it, as can the McLaren F1, as can a Bugatti Veryon, and a few others. Hell even the Lamborgini's can't catch it.

This runs a 302. So does the Pantera 2. Does it need a new engine? NO, because the 302 is capable of much more than what it's putting out in this car.

You see what you fail to realise is A: The 302 is a very strong engine. Mustangs aside, the engine can be made to have more horsepower than a supra for a lot less money, and still hold together.

Why do they blow up so much you may ask? Well seeing as the mustang is possibly the #1 Sports car in the world, that means there's idiots among the consumers that buy this car. This is also why mustangs have their bad rep, as any car that's been one of the highest selling cars since their debut would have (Especially since 75% of this board seems to be biased about American cars, yet call themselves "Car Enthusiests").

Do your homework boys, there's more to a car then an engine with lots of pistons that can rev to 9 million RPM's. There's also a reason people use big engines instead of small engines, than most of you are either willing to admit, or are too ignorant to see.

well that's that. If you take offense, ask yourself why, then read the last 2 paragraphs, because most times I post like this, it's because you fit into one of the categories I mentioned, and hey, truth hurts. If it's not that, then hey, whatever.