WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP!

Discussion in '2006 Lexus SC430 GT500' started by BP, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP!

I haven't heard anything about an LS1 powerplant... Maybe a 6.0L engine later on, as for now they'll give a 5.3L with 285 hp / 325 tq (I -THINK- these are the correct stats, but I very well could be wrong on them).

2. Re: WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP!

I hate trucks and this is no exception. Trucks are for one purpose, to lug things around in the bed. I can't stand people that think they are cool because they have a fast truck. Most descent cars will smoke this truck or any other fast truck any day.

3. Re: WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LexusISGuy</i>
    <b>I hate trucks and this is no exception. Trucks are for one purpose, to lug things around in the bed. I can't stand people that think they are cool because they have a fast truck. Most descent cars will smoke this truck or any other fast truck any day.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Umm, this isn't actually a truck it is a roadster. It is a two door convertible power hardtop two seater. The fact that it has a bed doesn't make it a truck. car engine, car suspension car road manners, I would say it is more of a car.

4. again, chevy is making old things look new...unfortunatly they dont look any better.
    reviving an old design isnt always a good idea.it takes almost as much ingenuity as it takes to make a new car.this seems to be the heyday for doing such things with very little ingenuity.this truck just looks like another hotrod...anyone say prowler.chrysler seems to not want to enrich the design world with anything new and exciting, but dwell in the past and remember times when it was hailed as the one of the best auto companies in the world.alas, those times have well passed, as has chryslers good reputation.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from kw_killer</i>
    <b>Umm, this isn't actually a truck it is a roadster. It is a two door convertible power hardtop two seater. The fact that it has a bed doesn't make it a truck. car engine, car suspension car road manners, I would say it is more of a car.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

And why the hell would anyone want a truckbed on their "two door convertible roadster"?<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP!

The reason that they would want a truck bed is to store stuff for a day out on the road and also so you can take large stuff that can't fit in some underpowered tiny del sol. I personally am an avid mountain biker and automotive enthusiast. Currently there aren't any roadsters or sportscar convertibles on the market that can hold me and my mountain bike. This could, also the power toneau that comes with means that aerodynamics can be maintained.

7. Re: WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP!

The venerable Holden Commodore Ute (currently available only in Australia, but who knows) can hold you and your mountain bike with a helluva lot more style. It also comes with a tonneau cover, and looks way better than this weird thing.

GM ought to open their eyes and produce the Ute in the USA... The SSR still seems to be overdone and I think it needs refinement. Step 1 would be losing those freaky fenders and just replacing them with a wider body for a more "sports car" look.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP!

Lexis dude yeah go ahead crack on trucks but your crack wouldn't take a lightning so shut up and oh i have seen lightnings with only a chip spank Z's and Trans am's and vette's yea it the lightning is slow lol

9. Re: WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LexusISGuy</i>
    <b>I hate trucks and this is no exception. Trucks are for one purpose, to lug things around in the bed. I can't stand people that think they are cool because they have a fast truck. Most descent cars will smoke this truck or any other fast truck any day.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

LOL!! IF U REALLY HAVE AN IS.. THATS TOO BAD FOR YOU... IF YOU ARENT BEING BEATEN ALL THE TIME ALREADY WHEN THIS ROADSTER COMES OUT YOUR "LEXUS IS " WONT STAND A CHANCE.. MOST TRUCKS PROBABLY BEAT U ALREADY.

10. Re: WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP!

ford lighting

dodge ram srt-10

damn must suck when a big, heavy, un-aerodynamic truck wips yur ass...