What do you think of it?

Discussion in '2001 Avanti Convertible' started by mustangkid, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: What do you think of it?

I think its ugly. The front looks alll jacked up. Is it in production kuz it doesnt say concept?<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: What do you think of it?

The damn thing is friggan hideous…… not that I’d I could do a better job but its just that why would you make something that is just plain ugly.
    <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: What do you think of it?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SoupedUpSupra</i>
    <b>Well, you know, I've seen vehicles like the Pontiac Aztec, the Chrysler PT Cruiser, the Honda Bulldog, Hyundai Clix, Toyota POD, and a few Volvo concepts (ACC, SCC), but once I take a look at this, I feel uncomfortable. I have nightmares about these types of cars. Honestly, I would rather get a Pontiac Aztec and slam it up, then ride around with my *ss out the window than be seen driving this. Its design is so basic and simple, and yet unappealing for those who desire cars that are simplistic. Put down that bong or whatever you have in your hand, and vacuum up that crack on your table, and throw away that powdery white straw. I've seen you post many thoughtful and considerate posts before, but please, start reconsidering.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I agree with you ...about the styling of this car, indeed, the original Avanti was daring but clean, it represented a bold statement that few cars could match back in its era.

Now, this one, is nothing but a reworked F-body, I'd say this car is an insult for the F-bodies and for the Avanti nameplate<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: What do you think of it?

THE FRONT END LOOKS LIKE THE REAR END

5. Re: What do you think of it?

Well, you know, I've seen vehicles like the Pontiac Aztec, the Chrysler PT Cruiser, the Honda Bulldog, Hyundai Clix, Toyota POD, and a few Volvo concepts (ACC, SCC), but once I take a look at this, I feel uncomfortable. I have nightmares about these types of cars. Honestly, I would rather get a Pontiac Aztec and slam it up, then ride around with my *ss out the window than be seen driving this. Its design is so basic and simple, and yet unappealing for those who desire cars that are simplistic. Put down that bong or whatever you have in your hand, and vacuum up that crack on your table, and throw away that powdery white straw. I've seen you post many thoughtful and considerate posts before, but please, start reconsidering.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: What do you think of it?

It is an old 60's car thats still going strong.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: What do you think of it?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from PRO</i>
    <b>Once again...what do you think ofŽit topic..can't you make anything better kenmclaren...you are so lame...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

...then u haven't been readying...
    like I said... yeah the original Avanti, is a rolling legend, its a praised american car, that dared to be different yet it came to late to save the company it was meant to rescue.

And now, people try to recapture that past fame in a rebodied F-body Chevy that is by no means glorious, I mean... u can have the same performance, plus much better looks buying a stock Chevy Camaro (and hurry up and get one of the last Anniversary editions...). I think this car just shows when heritage design goes wrong...<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: What do you think of it?

i think it is very ugly

9. Re: What do you think of it?

"Who ever wrote that must be a female or a gay male. This is the ugliest thing ive ever seen come from GM. I hope they do produce it, so I can laugh my ass off at the idiot who bought it."

I don't think the thread starting post had anything to do with the person being female or gay. A straight male could have just as easily typed that out.

10. Re: What do you think of it?

Once again...what do you think ofŽit topic..can't you make anything better kenmclaren...you are so lame...<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: What do you think of it?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from kenmclaren</i>
    <b>Very good looking and nicely trimmed, a great car to drive over the sandy Sunday beaches, over the beautiful sights of the world, for the exhiliration of this car's profound beauty. Nice headlights, elegantly stylish, a gorgeous car.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Who ever wrote that must be a female or a gay male. This is the ugliest thing ive ever seen come from GM. I hope they do produce it, so I can laugh my ass off at the idiot who bought it.

HONDA = Hold On Not Done Accelerating.

12. Re: What do you think of it?

indeed and think about it, this car is a Chevy camaro with a different (way uglier) front and rear end.

I don't know what was going on in the mind of the guy who penned this<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: What do you think of it?

It's rare I call a car ugly. I almost did with this one. I wouldn't buy this car based on it's looks. I couldn't care if it had 600 horsepower.<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: What do you think of it?

It's rare a call a car ugly. I almost did with this one.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: What do you think of it?

Are you Trying to be funny. This car better not have made production!

16. Re: What do you think of it?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Cam1</i>
    <b>Are you Trying to be funny. This car better not have made production!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yeah! the good thing is you are not seeing them overcrowd the US roads anytime soon... hope they are rare enough for me to never get the chance to see one...<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: What do you think of it?

I think it's ugly.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: What do you think of it?

uhhm...

I think they are a poor excuse to bring the Avanti nameplate again...
    old, poorly styled GM-based (f-body) cars that add nothing new to the super car world...
    <!-- Signature -->

19. Very good looking and nicely trimmed, a great car to drive over the sandy Sunday beaches, over the beautiful sights of the world, for the exhiliration of this car's profound beauty. Nice headlights, elegantly stylish, a gorgeous car.

20. Re: What do you think of it?

HaHa!