What do you think of the GM 454

Discussion in '2002 Honda NSX Coupe' started by 600 and up Club, Jan 4, 2003.

1. GM really scored high on my list with that engine. That block lasted from about 1970 to 1995. Loads of Power. Just a great powerplant altogether

2. Re: What do you think of the GM 454

Y don't you keep this $hit outta here and post it in the GM forums?

3. Re: What do you think of the GM 454

why

4. Re: What do you think of the GM 454

Because GM has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the NSX, Honda, or any other Japanese manufacturer.

5. #5 600 and up Club, Jan 6, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  6. Re: What do you think of the GM 454

didn't appear that way, considering you've posted it everywhere else. also if you were you should have entitled the topic something like "GM 454 vs. NSX's 3.2L i-Vtec". Anyway they cannot really be compared as one is designed for brute power, while the other is designed for efficiency and performance.

7. Re: What do you think of the GM 454

yeah but in certin applications stock vs. stock the performance was about the same

8. Re: What do you think of the GM 454

I think its trash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Re: What do you think of the GM 454

Ya know if u say that kind of stuff without a reason. Your gonna lead me to believe that your the kind of person who wants a civic because they think it sounds cool.

10. Re: What do you think of the GM 454

Well the 454 obviously has more torque and about the same horsepower figures, considering this is a 195, it is much more efficient. Thats all there is too it. If the NSX was a boat then I would rather have a 454, but the NSX is a small car. If you put that 454 in an NSX you would make it slower, it would weigh an extra few hundred pounds, and throw the cars nearly perfect balance right off.

11. #11 600 and up Club, Jan 17, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  12. Re: What do you think of the GM 454

Nevermind I really need to research on more american engines, that is pretty powerful, but this thing is still more efficient, just not as powerful. But still better for track racing, and I will be honest as a Honda fan, no one spends 100K on a car that only pulls off about a 13.5 in the quarter because its fast in a straight line, you buy this car for the functionality, the fun factor, the looks, the cornering.

13. Re: What do you think of the GM 454

I agree, and anyone who dosent really needs to research some things

14. Re: What do you think of the GM 454

Actually how much is the engine in Canadian funds, my buddy is a big muscle car enthusiast and if the price is right he might look into it.

15. Re: What do you think of the GM 454

its 4700 USA

16. Re: What do you think of the GM 454

ahah this #%$ has posted "what do u think......" in every freakin forum
    ahaha

17. Re: What do you think of the GM 454

hshhhahhahahahahahahahah

18. Re: What do you think of the GM 454

Yeah I know, he's annoying