what does clk mean?

Discussion in '2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK 55 AMG' started by diablo_88, Aug 10, 2002.

1. i know that slk means Sportlich Leicht Kurz or in english-sportive light short but i don't know what clk means so can any one give me thie info<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: what does clk mean?

slk stands for sporty light kompact

3. Re: what does clk mean?

um no it does not mean sporty light compact, its german, the first one is right

4. Re: what does clk mean?

the mercedes abbreviations don't mean anything anymore
    k used to mean kompressor (supercharger)
    e meant einshpritzer (it spelled sumthing like that) meaning turbo charger
    l stood for leicht, or light
    but it doesn't stand for anything any more<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: what does clk mean?

im guessing clk means clock like it moves like a clock slow and crappy and when something hits it, it falls down and breaks<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: what does clk mean?

You're a dumbass<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: what does clk mean?

hahah fall downs and breaks yet you sport a GM sticker the product of shitty car building and poor reliabilty and overall shit cars...hahahha (with exception to the corvette z06 of course) but everthing else they make is pure shit.

8. Re: what does clk mean?

well quite on the contrary, when a mercedes CLass is identified with more then one letter that means that it has a meaning and the K does not stand for kompressors, there are SLK's not fitted with kompressors.
    *For example SL is Sportlich Leicht, meaning Sporty light, I think the meaning for the last generation of SL is sports Lab, because mb noticed that never an SL has been light...not quite sure of it anyway
    *the SLK is a Sportlich Leicht Kurz , the Kurz stands for compact or small..the SLK is like a smaller SL
    *THe CL is a coupe Leicht, (light coupe)
    *and the CLK is a Coupe Leicht Kurz, you guessed it , a smaller CL

9. Re: what does clk mean?

I never got that, seems a little unlogical though. I mean, for example Bmw's way of marking their series is far more logical. What is C and E classes then abbreviated from? Or Ml?

10. Re: what does clk mean?

another ignorant idiot

11. Re: what does clk mean?

exactly right someone who actually knows what they are talking about

12. Re: what does clk mean?

CL= Coupe Luxus
    SL= Super Light
    CLK= Coupe Luxus Kleine(small)
    SLK= Super Light Kleine(small)

13. Re: what does clk mean?

so does SLR mean Sport Light/Lab Racing?

14. Re: what does clk mean?

so does SLR mean Sport Light/Lab Racing?
    and GST meas Grand Super Touring?
    ans CLR means Coupe Leicht Racing
    S means Super
    C means Compact
    E means .....Enough?

15. Re: what does clk mean?

well said... actually gst officially means grand sports tourer. check out mb's site for more.