What does R/T stand for?

Discussion in '1970 Dodge Challenger R/T' started by paularscott, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: What does R/T stand for?

I think the Hemicuda nicer.

2. Re: What does R/T stand for?

it stands for road and track<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: What does R/T stand for?

Okay, I've got this from a car magazine: Crome&Flames. It was a 1970 Challenger R/T Hemi special. Here's what it said:

"This car was the first Hemi Challenger R/T. R/T stands for Road and Track. Road seems normal but Track? Track because this Hemi also feels at home on a dragstrip. There were many young kids who would go out and rent this Hemi and go dragracing with it, because of it's 425 horsepower."

So there you go R/T stands for Road and Track.

keep the faith<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: What does R/T stand for?

radical turbo

5. Re: What does R/T stand for?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Bigblockbrawler426Hemistage8</i>
    <b>i agree with you sniper.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Thank you. But it is pretty obvious it means Road And Track. I mean look at the Viper RT/10, Charger RT. All these cars feel home on the road as well on the track... But now I think about it. Viper RT/10, does the RT stand for Road/Track???

keep the faith<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: What does R/T stand for?

I was joking in my last post it is deffenetly Road/Track because i dont think a viper would be a rally car.

7. Re: What does R/T stand for?

I'm a Mopar expert and I say it stands for 'Real Tough'...... as in, it'll kick all your asses for being such incredible morons.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: What does R/T stand for?

Easy there, Action Jackson! This guy thinks he's a Type-R! Watch out!<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: What does R/T stand for?

Road and Track. Rapid transit was part of Plymouth. Dodge had the Scat Pak. Many believe the Challenger and the 'Cuda were the same, but in fact these 2 cars shared virtually no sheetmetal. The Plymouth Barracuda was styled with sharper lines, as the Challenger was more upscale with smoother curves and more chrome. The Challenger was larger as well, it was 191.3 inches long comapared to the 'Cudas 186.7 inches. It was wider at 76.1 inches wide as the Plymouth was slimmer at 74.4 inches. Finally, the Challenger rode on a 110 inch wheelbase (the Barracuda was on a 108 inch wheelbase). Ironically, with similar options, the E-bodies's weights were pretty much identical. No matter what R/T means, it stands for raised performance characteristics.

10. Re: What does R/T stand for?

Perhaps the Japanese phase will end soon and we can get back to real competition.

11. Re: What does R/T stand for?

Road and Track

12. Re: What does R/T stand for?

hey i was watching a kind of birgraphy on the 71 challenger on Supercars.net, and they said it was road and track. Just casue you hear it from someone doesnt mean its true, you have to get it in writing, seriously an authorized dodge dealer or just go to some other website or something but dont just tell us and expect us not to ask for proof<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: What does R/T stand for?

it stands for road and track. period nothing to argue now!

14. Re: What does R/T stand for?

Its ROAD AND TRACK, ask any detroit dealer, just about any car dealer, and any performance magazine, they'll all tell you the same thing.

15. Re: What does R/T stand for?

What I wouldn't give for that!

16. Re: What does R/T stand for?

I'm pretty sure it's Road and Track. I've read lots of musclecar boox and I've always read that it stands for that.

17. Re: What does R/T stand for?

Guys stated in Quentin Willson's book on muscle cars, all R/T's in every model stood for Rapid Transit.

18. Re: What does R/T stand for?

youre all dumb, it stands for rubber tires, dodge was the first to make rubber tires duh... j/playin, i heard its road/track, i dont think dodges are made for rally, so it cant be rally/track, road and track sounds sensible.
    im only 16
    im only driving a 240sx se-r

19. Re: What does R/T stand for?

Road/Track says Dodge history books, quoting presidents, etc. from the Dodge corp.

20. Re: What does R/T stand for?

and where did u get that from,? ur ass? mate, leave me alone will ya? thanks tosser

21. Re: What does R/T stand for?

I know for a fact that it stands for Rapid Transit, and it means that it will get you from one place to another real fast. Iread the R/T thing in all of the Muscle car books I own.

22. Re: What does R/T stand for?

So true.

23. Re: What does R/T stand for?

for normal purposes, r/t stands for road and track amongst carmakers. but for exclusive mopars from 68-71, r/t stands for rapid transit.

24. Re: What does R/T stand for?

I used to own a 1970 Dodge Charger R/T with a 375HP 440...the R/T stands for Road & Track, just like the T/A on the 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A stood for Trans Am.

duh.

25. Re: What does R/T stand for?

R/T stand for Rapid Transit you bloody fools