What does this have over an S2000?

Discussion in '1934 MG P-Type Midget' started by datsun280zx, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: What does this have over an S2000?

dust collected from the s2000 smokin it<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: What does this have over an S2000?

ummmmm. zero......period. <!-- Signature -->

3. This car costs as much as an S2000 but doesn't have the same performance, so what does it have that the Honda doesn't?<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: What does this have over an S2000?

LOOKs<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: What does this have over an S2000?

An S2000 is $28,000?!
    I thought it was more like 35~40...

But I'd take this over an S2000 anyday.

6. Re: What does this have over an S2000?

s2000 is about 30-35k i thought.this hasd NOTHING over a s2000... doesn't look that good either.

7. Re: What does this have over an S2000?

nothing
    <!-- Signature -->

8. Re: What does this have over an S2000?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ford_IsTrash8</i>
    <b>nothing
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

took the words (well, word) right out of my mouth lol

9. Re: What does this have over an S2000?

S2000 is a way better bang for your buck than this will ever be!!!<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: What does this have over an S2000?

Put it this way
    An MGF starts at around £15000 here......this version(160bhp) is around £19000......the Honda is £26000......that's quite a price difference!
    The MG isn't aimed at the Honda but more at cheaper rivals like the MR2 and 206cc.........so stop comparing the 2<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: What does this have over an S2000?

This car is too slow to compete with anything in its price range. Period.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: What does this have over an S2000?

Just how thick are some people on here?
    The two cars aren't aimed @ eachother............this MG isn't sold in the US so that price is just balls......it's sold in the UK and Europe.......
    MG TF-Starts at £15,000
    Honda S2000---Starts at £26,000

Which part of these two aren't aimed at each other don't u understand.....as I said before it's aimed @ cars like the new MR2 and Peugeot 206cc which are in it's price range and it offers better performance aswell are georgeous looks.

What do people look for in a roadster?......good looks, speed, fun, handling, decent price and to be a drivers car.....if u wanna compare the S2000 then at least compare it to something similar
    eg:

Lotus Elise Sport 135.....0-60mph in 5.3secs...Price_£23,000
    Honda S2000...............0-60mph in 5.5secs...Price_£26,000

<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: What does this have over an S2000?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Brit cars rule</i>
    <b>Just how thick are some people on here?
    The two cars aren't aimed @ eachother............this MG isn't sold in the US so that price is just balls......it's sold in the UK and Europe.......
    MG TF-Starts at £15,000
    Honda S2000---Starts at £26,000

Which part of these two aren't aimed at each other don't u understand.....as I said before it's aimed @ cars like the new MR2 and Peugeot 206cc which are in it's price range and it offers better performance aswell are georgeous looks.

What do people look for in a roadster?......good looks, speed, fun, handling, decent price and to be a drivers car.....if u wanna compare the S2000 then at least compare it to something similar
    eg:

Lotus Elise Sport 135.....0-60mph in 5.3secs...Price_£23,000
    Honda S2000...............0-60mph in 5.5secs...Price_£26,000

You do have a point about the MG not being sold in the US, but how can the S2000 be so much more expensive in the UK? The S2000 is regularly offered at $32,000 or less, so if the MG TF is $28,000 they're in the same class. But if it isn't really as expensive as this site claims...

As for the Lotus-S2000 thing, it's the same problem. The Elise isn't sold in the states unless it has a Honda engine and exhaust system in it. A lot of times, you can get it with an Integra Type R engine, but I have seen them with the S2000 engine too. That 2L I4 almost doubles the power of the Elise, making it go 0-60 in the low 4s. However, an Elise outfitted with that engine is about $40,000 here, so we're back where we started.

Maybe we need someone who knows about car pricing in both countries to really compare the two. Oh yeah, the Peugot is also not sold in the US. Who needs French cars, anyway? ;-)<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: What does this have over an S2000?

I wish this car would come to north america I love the style ques of this car and 160hp this car would go fast to boot.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: What does this have over an S2000?

This car is crap. I have always hated MG's.

16. Re: What does this have over an S2000?

are you all insane
    id rather this anyday to a S2000
    not only does it actually look good, but its also british engineering so it will last ya for a good 20 years
    <!-- Signature -->

17. Re: What does this have over an S2000?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Audi Guy</i>
    <b>This car is crap. I have always hated MG's.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

MGs are awesome dude..geez..the old ones..MGA, MGB..those were the days!<!-- Signature -->

18. #18 Monkey, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  19. Re: What does this have over an S2000?

Eh... it's a good car. The engine could use a little bit more refinement torque wise, the RSX puts out 160hp with 141ft/lbs of torque. This isn't meant to compete with an S2000. This is more like a VW cabriolet and the other cars already mentioned. The styling is wicked though, I'd love to get my hands on one of these. The S2000 will beat it out in the end though. But then again... I'd take a Campagna T-Rex over an S2000... but that's just me...<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: What does this have over an S2000?

This car is not Bad. Autocar say that it is now better than the MR2 and MX5 (mialta).

Did anyone catch driven last week? The S2000 getting its arse spanked by a Civic Type-R on the track at Castle Combe.<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: What does this have over an S2000?

style.
    a history of more than 75 years.
    the octagon badge.
    it's british.
    it's cheaper.
    it has leather interior (instead of japanese fake-plastic).
    it will last forever like any mg.
    it has hydrolastic suspension.
    it isn't a honda.

<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: What does this have over an S2000?

I have one of the older MGs - an MGF, the model before the MGTF (It's virtually identital). What an amazing car - you americans dont have a clue - who needs an S2000 when this little beauty is better and cheaper!

It looks the part...
    Its great to drive...
    Its good on fuel...
    Its Fast...
    Its an MG - absolute quality.

23. Re: What does this have over an S2000?

Jefferson- I agree with u on some points but the old MGF and the new MG TF are very very different cars.......the new model is far superior with better looks, quality, materials and performance and engines. The old one was also very good that's why it's topped the British roadster market sales for like 7 years or something but the new model is actually the best in it's class for once.......all the raod tests have seen it beat it's rivals the MX5 and MR2.....I wouldn't say the Americans don't have a clue because it's just that this car isn't sold over there and so they don't realise it isn't a rival to the Honda S2000.
    MG is on its way back!
    MG ZT X-Power 385........Pure British Beef!!!!<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: What does this have over an S2000?

Admittedly, there are some performance changes from MGF to TF - engine and suspension being the main differences. Exterior styling is little different to the F - the main changes are front grill, side intakes, a mini-spoiler (really mini!!) and the indicators have been moved into the main (and now clear) light cluster.

Has anyone heard anything about a body kit for the MGF to upgrade the styling to look like the TF - i cant afford another £10,000 at the moment ;o

25. Re: What does this have over an S2000?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mgbgt73</i>
    <b>style.
    a history of more than 75 years.
    the octagon badge.
    it's british.
    it's cheaper.
    it has leather interior (instead of japanese fake-plastic).
    it will last forever like any mg.
    it has hydrolastic suspension.
    it isn't a honda.

My dad has a mint '57 MGA, and I have to say agree. If the new MG's are anything like that A, then they've gotta be some of the most fun cars to drive in the world. And you'd be hard pressed to beat the history of MG...and ya gotta love the octagon ;)<!-- Signature -->